Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Dmitry Elder

I would not play on such a server. Boxing is just playing the game solo without other people and I play to hang with other nerds.
  2. code-zero Augur

As I've said before, boxing has meant alt-tab on one computer for over 15 years for me. Ever since you could play in windowed mode. Using 2+ computers is just too kludgey for me
  3. Groans Augur

Yes, with AOC truebox is obsolete.
  4. Leifer Augur

I think a new TLP server should have one or the other rule-sets:

A) Non-Truebox where people can box whether or not they have one computer (alt-tab to other accounts), or can use as many computers as they want.
    B) Solo Play. One box per household (I'm not sure this can even be enforced).

People box on Truebox whether they have 1 magic PC that can get around the basic rules or they have multiple PC's that they control themselves. This rule-set discriminates against those who want to box with just one PC. Some people of limited time, space, funds and prefer this method of play. If you don't like this rule-set, play on one of the other several - latest truebox servers.

On the other hand, many people want to play in order to group at all times and other than just solo on their one toon, would rather group with other players who also just play one account only. P99 is too toxic of a community and the QoL features there make it much less fun to play. The only way to enforce this rule-set would be to limit the accounts to one per household (no family or friends in the same household can play). If you don't like this rule-set, play on one of the other several-latest truebox servers.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Truebox, non truebox, I refuse to play on any new server that allows people to exploit Plane of Fire.

Balls in your court, Daybreak.
  6. Machen New Member

There is no way to enforce this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

*passed ball rolls off court and softly bounces off a wall before coming to rest.*
  8. jordune Augur

tbh i think a vote like we had on the creation of ragefire would be cool.
    you let us all vote on expansion unlocks like:
    1) 3 month
    2)4 month
    3 5 month
    4) 6 month

as well as
    a) vote to unlock
    b) no vote unlock after time elapsed after progression targets achieved

another good vote item would be
    a) free trade
    b) non free trade

some things need to be standard such as
    Aoc
    18 person pick
    ragefire or better xp gain

1 thing would be kool..
    server to open in :
    1) clasic
    2) kunark
    3) velious
    4) luclin

and if luclin then 50/51
    a)yes
    b)no
  9. Machen New Member

Voting has never gone well, and has consistently resulted in a server that isn't what people actually want.

Keep in mind that it won't just be people interested in playing on the server that will vote.
  10. That0neguy Augur

It also doenst make sense when you have multiple things you are voting on and can get a wierd combination.

What if I like 3 mo with vote to unlock. But if its 6mo it should auto unlock? Could easily get into a situation where the top choices were all taken and create a server no one actually wants.
  11. Aelivaa New Member

True I assume voting for specific characteristics and mixing the top choices will likely result in a mix-mash noone really wanted.
    If voting is used it might make more sense to give serveral options of defined servers rulesets to gauge the interest of each.
  12. markkk Lorekeeper

i 5 box another classic game on 1 pc the ex has 2 accounts and a child of us one account,why should i rin 6 pc in eq to 6 box thats why i am not currently playing eq hopefully in march 2020 il be able to 6 box in eq again on 1 pc if not il keep playing the other classic game which isent eq.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You don't need 6 PC to box EQ, because you can multi-box from 1 pc on ALL Live servers (can even do so using Free to Play accounts) and for TLP servers you have Ragefire & Lockjaw which allow multi-box from 1 PC, so you can do this right now.

The only servers you can't do this on are clearly shown as Truebox servers.

So there is nothing stopping you from playing EQ right now, you're choosing to wait for a non-truebox TLP that will presumably also feature AoC.

We will see come Feb/Mar probably if that happens, I actually hope a non-truebox TLP does come out, what I hope even more is that you & everyone else who wants one is gonna go full-bore on getting the word out should we get news that is to be the case, DBG can't afford a huge advertsing budget so the success of such a server will depend heavily on how much word of mouth gets around about it from players who are in the know.

Just bear in mind that you can expect a lot of Kronolords during the first 3 expansions & they will definitely have an impact on the content you play in during those 1st three expansions, to them a non-truebox server is a golden opportunity to capitalise on.

Social Media, Discord, old & current guild/server websites that are still running, email addresses you have for former players, I'd advise everybody who wants it to succeed to do all that & more.
  14. Machen New Member

Just the opposite. When everyone is allowed to use the software they use, they have no competitive advantage.
    Xanadas likes this.
  15. Aegir Augur

You are assuming that everyone will use that software when they start up on that server...

I used Eye Yes Boxer on Ragefire for a full group set-up, but it bored the crap out of me after a couple of months. I'm sure you are right that a legit box server would attract much more competent army generals than there currently is on Mangler, but it would still be a minority.

Majority of the population would probably box a character or two... none more than that.

Just because you arrive in a country where it is legal to buy heroin, doesn't mean that everyone will start using it.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

If it takes using heroin to kill Naggy, EQ'ers gonna be be buying syringes by the box.
  17. C3lowz Augur

Just release 2 servers, one Trueboxing, other not.

Done and Done, the forums are probably less than 5% of the actual player base. We will not see the majorities true stance on Trueboxing or not unless 2 servers with one Enabled and the other Disabled.
  18. jordune Augur

going to make a few post's to discuss the positives and negatives of each rule set. reason being to give DBG a clear understanding of what we players think of each idea
  19. Machen New Member

Each ruleset? There is only one ruleset they have asked us to discuss in this thread. A non-truebox ruleset.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's such a relief to see the self-appointed official spokesperson take on this responsibility! :p