Confirmed Velium pelts are not dropping from intended "critters"

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ROFL@mycorpse, Jan 9, 2020.

1. bortage spammin lifetaps

Where are you farming them at that rate?
  2. Duder Augur

Well I purposely left out the mobs, I'm not huge on posting open spoilers. I think that's Fanra's job. Anyhow, I named the zones.
  3. Dewey Augur

If he told you then he'd never get the camp and couldn't monopolies on the pelts. He found 1 spot in the expansion that drops the pelts at a decent rate so obviously there is no issue with any of the other mobs that should drop it.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and svann like this.
  4. Duder Augur

1. What you accuse is presumptuous and baseless. I have sold FIVE pieces of armor made with pelts this xpac and have sold exactly zero pelts. In fact, I still have a buyer up buying pelts. There is no sort of monopolization occurring on my end.

2. I'll quote myself from an earlier post in this same exact thread, please read before shoving your head up your you know what. "I agree maybe some mobs that should be dropping it are not."

3. Because mobs that *maybe* should be dropping it aren't does not mean in any way that the drop RATE is bugged. Every one of the high density animal areas yields a reasonable and normal drop rate for pelts in my experience.

4. It isn't one specific spot, your presumptions again are wrong. Do you ever think before you post?
  5. LheoXX New Member

The pelts are way too rare on mobs in EW.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  6. Duder Augur

1. It is unimportant what I sold them for. That has absolutely nothing to do with the DROP RATE of pelts. Some one offered 3.5m plat for 2 bracers, arms, and helm in general chat. I obliged their offer. I sold a BP on my trader for 800k. What of it? How does this have anything to do with the drop rate?

2. Where did I say that the mobs that *maybe* should drop them and aren't isn't a bug? Your reading and comprehension skills are severely lacking.

3. Magelo - This is your data? Your second hand data? You have no data, your claims are unsubstantiated hot air

4. You accusing me of editing logs, for what purpose? What is wrong with you? I have said before that I don't think the drop rates are bugged as people with no information other than "It FEELS LIKE it" continue to post. And I have collected and gathered information in the most legitimate fashion that you shoot down because it threatens your want for change because you feel a certain way. Then you accuse me of having some agenda. You are offensive, combative, and unwilling to provide any data of your own to substantiate your claims.

5. You have no data, you have no details. You have no claim. Pelt drop rates are not bugged. You lose.
  7. Duder Augur

I see how perhaps you could have misinterpreted that. Where I say that every one of the high density animal areas yields reasonable and normal drop rates for pelts - What I mean is that this is true of the mobs that drop them.

What I think you have been trying to say is that mobs that should drop them aren't. I never said that that isn't *possibly* a bug.

What I have been saying and substantiated is that the DROP RATE *from mobs that drop them, is not bugged.

I think this is two different arguments confused with poor wording in your initial post.

Your claims of me editing logs is just more of your hot air. Considering all of this information is logged, they can look at it. You never fail to offend, make false unsubstantiated claims, and incite controversy. At least you are consistent in your short comings.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Getting this back on topic.

The drop rates are not bugged for the mobs you are killing in the zone you are killing in. That does not mean they are not bugged in other zoners and from different mobs. With possibly some mobs not dropping them which should.

Personally I have only seen 2 drop and lost the rolls on both, was I killing the correct mobs? Who knows, but I have a few of each of the silk and ore.

Maybe some of the issue is some of the wolves are flagged as birds....
    Duder likes this.
  9. Duder Augur

That was a useful and constructive addition to the conversation and thank you for doing such without making accusations.

I totally agree. The drop rate from what I am killing is not bugged. The wolves being flagged as birds is probably a good place to be looking in terms of a bug and the low amounts of pelts being available. I think the Kodiak and tizmaks not dropping pelts is also worth looking into. My point, which you were able to understand, was that the rate at which properly flagged animals dropping pelts is and has proven normal for me.
  10. Daedly Augur

I should mention that my 3 to 4 an hour was hunting in EW and involved a gigantic arc pattern. On top of competing for those same mobs with other groups.

I haven't hunted for pelts any where other than EW.
    Duder likes this.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

Two quick reminders.

1. Let's try to not accuse anyone of falsifying logs because they don't link up with what we've personally seen.

2. There is lots of discussion in the thread but not lots of likes on the OP. Remember if you believe you are experiencing the same issue to like that first post to push it into top bugs.
    Duder and Daedly like this.
  12. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

Kodiaks should be dropping them but do not why they were excluded who knows. Tizmaks maybe shouldnt as they're humanoid right ?

The drop rate should be higher though as there are way more mobs to kill that drop diamonds, logs, ore compared to mobs to kill that drop pelts. Also maybe the wurms should drop them to they're animals right ?
  13. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

As the dev said... If you think this is something to look into then upvote it by liking the original post. Debating and posting does nothing in the bug forum.
  14. svann Augur

Right. The rate is correct but unfortunately almost none of the mobs that are supposed to drop them are using that rate. Deja Vu.
  15. Natal Augur

Drop rates in EW are way higher than that. They are comparable to diamond/ore/timber on mobs which drop those items.

Don't trust the numbers from Magelo. They are frequently way off base.
    Duder likes this.
  16. Natal Augur

What mobs are "supposed" to drop them? It could be that your assumptions are just not correct.
    Duder likes this.
  17. svann Augur

My assumption is that the mobs that "are" dropping them are the mobs that are "supposed" to be dropping them.
  18. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

Don't trust magelo. They just sift through logs and put up bias numbers?

Now someone on forum quest says to not use it or trust it? When I have seen first hand that it works? Please do tell why this system should not be trusted...

Guess I'll stop using that, and here I thought it was a use full feature darling.
  19. svann Augur

When half their numbers say 1 out of 2 kills you should know something is wrong. Apparently they have 3 people that use their gathering software and 2 of them havent played in 2 years.
    Duder likes this.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is not a bug.

BUT. I do take it as valid feedback.

pelts drop at the same "rate" as wood and ore. (the numbers are the same) BUT:
    there are 126 "critters" that match the following list:
    Wurm
    Bat (Ver. 3)
    Drake (Corrupted)
    Drake (Ver. 2)
    Mammoth (Ver. 2)
    Wolf (Ver. 3)

while there are 1300+ NPC's that match the "Humanoids" (Ore and wood)
    So naturally you are going to kill more of the humanoids. Your also more likely to find humanoids in a convenient grouping for chain killing.

If you are specifically farming critters and you are in a spot where you can kill them at a continuous rate, same as the Humanoids, you'll get the same amount of pelts as ore for humanoids.

if you are going "incidental" kills, you're much more likely to be killing humanoids, since there are 10x the amount of them than there are critters.

Even with that data, I'll look into this, but it won't make it in the January patch.