Test Update 01/07/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

All I want to know is if they are taking these VET AA's away, will they offer you the opportunity to cancel them and add the charge you used to take them to your account. There is a very finite number of characters you can Veteran, taking half and in some cases most of the AA's away ... I am sure many people would never have used that slot on that character.
  2. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I mean, the less time spent on poorly-conceived ideas like this one, the more time left to devote to live problems, or quality of life issues, or itemization issues, or Daybreak store issues that might even make Daybreak more money and able to provide more content.

But unfortunately for the quality of posts on these forums, logic doesn't get those elite internet like points, and people aren't suspended as often as they should be for trolling ThE eViL tLp PlAyErZ or ThE eViL LiVe PlAyErZ.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Except most of those have mains on other servers and the TLP ones are hobby or a way to make krono so they can play for free on their main.
  4. taliefer Augur

having played on every TLP, i think its wildly innaccurate to say most TLP players have mains on live servers. thats a pretty small subset of TLP players that ive noticed, and its mostly at the start of a new server where people come to make a quick krono or five then go back to their live server.

if anything id say the reverse is true of TLP players, where people have their main on the TLP and mess around on a live server occasionally
  5. JeffHanson Augur

Back to live, what things have been confirmed as bugs and aren't mentioned in these patch notes?

1) ToV bows have no range.

2) Necro combo dots using 5 twincast counters each as bugged here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/necro-swift-decay-spells-and-twincast.261715/

3) Mage: Elemental Convergence not working correctly as bugged here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/mage-elemental-conversion.260928/

4) Numerous problems with the task Last of the Storm boars that are unrelated to the pet tanking bug.

What else? These are just off the top of my head.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Mobs see Invis/ITU and SoS all over the place that shouldn't. (Ngreth said on the beta forums that players should be able to move around without being surprised by mobs these days - Named don't see invis thread).
  7. svann Augur

Did this patch increase currency reward from tov missions?
  8. sojero One hit wonder

I hope they reduce the cost so that it doesn't make the amount people have gotten already diminish.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Kianara Lorekeeper

People that have been farming to buy augs are going to feel slighted no matter how they fix it. Reducing the cost of augs, or increasing the coin given from tasks .. either one will denigrate the time invested already. It DOES need to be fixed, but the saltiness will be there regardless once it's fixed.
  10. sojero One hit wonder

Maybe those that don't think a change is coming. Many that I know have been doing as they can and saving the coins. One would diminish the time spent, the other would not for the majority of people (I think), either way, doesn't matter much as long as a change is made. buy hey, maybe there is a salt mine out there I don't know about.
  11. svann Augur

Just checked test and there is no change in price.
  12. sojero One hit wonder

Thanks for checking, saving for another month it seems.
  13. svann Augur

I think raiders will want to maximize what they can before it starts tho.
  14. Meredyth Augur

DBG, don’t push the veteran AA changes to live servers, if you care about your loyal paying customers. Or convince me of why they need to be removed even temporarily.
  15. jeskola pheerie

That is so far from true. Retired mains from other servers, yes of course, that is just about all of us. The percentage of players on TLP who spend the main chunk of their time on Live and just dabble in TLP a little is tiny.

I am sure DBG took the few crossover accounts into consideration on their pie chart when they determined the playerbase split was 50/50.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Different strokes for different folks. On the other hand you said, "The percentage of players on TLP who spend the main chunk of their time on Live and just dabble in TLP a little is tiny." If I were to drop into teacher mode I would ask how you could know that. Then again, you may well be right.

I have zero interest in playing on a TLP server, but the money flowing from these FTP-less servers helps to fund a game I am just slightly addicted to :) and still enjoy after 19+ years. So, with that in mind, I am glad they exist.
  17. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Oh man...I quit playing EQ around summer time, but I still look at the forums here for updates and patches that might bring me back, in hopes they are improving the game....but looking back on the few months and this new expansion....nah, no thanks, no new changes, all copy and paste, MINIMUL power increases, nerfs left and right, same old content rehashed and called new....who wants to bet at minimum 3 raids will have a balance two bosses mechanic. Or who wants to bet that atleast two raids will be nothing but a dps check that you have to win before 20 mins....new content...don't think so.

Anyway...yup still not coming back, and still happy I'm gone :D
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Honestly, you have absolutely no idea what the percentages are.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I can't answer the rest of your bug questions, but the 2 bad tiers of bows were fixed (other ToV bows worked, this bug was not ALL ToV bows)
  20. Squrriel Journeyman

Ngreth , /wave =), Were you able to fix the melee proc aug flagged for 1h and range so it can be used in bows?