Confirmed Velium pelts are not dropping from intended "critters"

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ROFL@mycorpse, Jan 9, 2020.

1. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

Pelts are too rare in ToV. It's an all undead expansion so maybe the undead tag on the animals is what is making the drop rate almost non - existent.
  2. Duder Augur

Drop rate is tuned A-Okay imo. Compare to silks which was stated to have a slightly increased drop rate. It takes 8 silks (8-10 kills) to make 1 patch plate. In my experience the drop rate of pelts is lower than 1 in 8-10, but nothing obscene.
  3. LheoXX New Member

When you kill no stop for some hours and get not one pelt, is the drop way too rare.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Angahran like this.
  4. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

1 in 8 for every type of mob that can drop it? Or 1 in 8 in a certain zone and specific mob you were killing.

It's not 1 in 8 in Kael. More like 1 in 250.

Where is this 1 in 8 that you speak of?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  5. Marton Augur

Not my experience.

Where are you killing?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Koldanar Elder

I agree, after completing the whole of TOV progression and most of Hunter I came across 5 pelts. There are animal type mobs for example kobolds in Velks that in my opinion should drop pelts.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Petalonyx Augur

All ToV progression, most of hunter, 115 and nearly max AA, at least 3 pelt- targetted grind sessions lasting a couple hours each.

4 pelts for my box team of 4. Total pelts per char = 1 and I'm just about done w all I could want from ToV.
  8. Thunderkiks Augur

9 characters done with mounts, 1 more that is a mission away from that. Hunter done on 4 of them and 3 more with just Kael and Velks hunter left and I saw 7 pelts. Way to rare. Plus helped/grouped with others at various times also.
  9. Daedly Augur

I have been getting about 3 to 4 an hour when I am actively hunting for them. I wish it was higher, but they definitely don't seem to be as rare as some of you are suggesting.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Duder Augur

I've tried just about everywhere. I tried EW/GD but have never seen one there. I agree maybe some mobs that should be dropping it are not. But drop rate of 1 in 250? No way. I've had some bad stretches sure, but 1 in 250? Never. But to answer your question Kael and ToFs are where I go to farm pelts.

Animal skins were rare in RoS. Made even harder to obtain if you are rolling a group for them. Same with ToV pelts. Fortunately the group I play with pools our resources.
  11. Duder Augur

Exactly. If pelts are your aim they aren't as rare as folks are saying. I believe it is a standard case of "a watched pot never boils".
  12. Duder Augur

I camp animals specifically. Choose your camps by animal mob density.
  13. Dewey Augur

The guy in Kael probably had a bad random. However; according to magelo 1 in 250 is a good ratio... The drop rate needs increased, Kael wolves are not as easy for a grouper to kill as the mammoth's. It should just drop at a decent rate from animal mobs. It's bugged. The average is 1 in 14 in Kael and ToFS and almost non-existant other places. Just like 1 in 250 is a bit too exaggerated for Kael, 1 in 8 is too underexaggerated. Here's the data.

This makes it clear. The drop rate is too low and needs increased. Even 1 in 14 is alot imho; as a group is not guarenteed 1 in 14 and the mobs are more difficult to kill, summon, etc...

Most of us just want to start making the combines. With how rare the pelts are, all you have to do is farm the pelts and make zero combines to make money. You should at least have to make the combine for the money in the bazzar.

https://eq.magelo.com/item/163655
    a mammoth
    Warrior
    Animal
    The Eastern Wastes

< 1%
    2 of 302
    a dire wolf
    Warrior
    Undead
    The Eastern Wastes

< 1%
    1 of 455
  14. Duder Augur

2 in 302 is a grossly misrepresented number. And why do you feel the need to bring "grouper" vs raider argument into this? What signifies a grouper in this situation? Some one who puts less effort and thought into their camp?

THIS drop rate is not too low nor bugged:

[IMG]

5 pelts in the past 21 minutes.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  15. svann Augur

IMO time is not a valid measure.
    You should report number of animal kills per pelt.

Seems like people that say its too rare are saying it takes too many kills.
    People that say its fine always say "I got 3 in 10 minutes".
    But rarity is number of kills per pelt, not time taken.
  16. Duder Augur

How many animals do you think a Bst, Monk, and Shm w/ 2 mercs can kill in 21 minutes Svann? You have seen the mob density and animal density around ToV right? Even if I had a full group the amount of npcs killed would remain exactly the same per round.

Time stamps to loot are less a valid measurement than people claiming the drop rate is too low with absolutely zero substantiated proof? Stop being dense.

But here you have it. Loaded log for last 6 hours (I just got on).

[IMG]

[IMG]

7 pelts in 39 mobs in 1 hours time. And not all of those were even animals.

Pelt drop rate is not bugged.
    Kuaamil likes this.
  17. svann Augur

Dont get your knickers up
    Duder likes this.
  18. smash Augur

numbers are easy to manipulate however, to say what a person want.
  19. Duder Augur

Can be, but isn't. Where is your data? What would be more acceptable proof for you? Would you like to come over and sit behind me and watch? I'm about to make some dinner, I'd enjoy the company, come on over.
  20. Kuaamil Elder

I've seen similar drop rates to Duder. I'm consistently getting 8-10 per hour when I'm farming pelts specifically. If you're just going about your gameplay, your rate will likely be lower since there are very specific mobs that are dropping pelts.
    Duder likes this.