TOV XP

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nivek, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Nivek Journeyman

I'm told that the only way to level is by doing progression, fine I'll do the quests, one problem though, sitting in lobby LFG each night for a week to get 1 or 2 group is bull. Yes I'm guilded but missed the get to 115 fast bandwagon and I can't expect others to redo content just for me. Is Daybreak trying to drive people away? If I can't find a group, then that leaves old school grinding and I'm fine with that, but wait, the mobs only give like .02% XP per kill. WTF increase the mob XP!
  2. Tappin Augur

They're trying to force people into completing progression, by punishing them for killing mobs. It bad game design.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Well, most ToV mobs grant .07% (T1) to .1% (T2) per kill which mirrors old EQ (e.g. Lvl 20-30 at Lake of Ill Omen).

I think they should update Franklin Teek with new hot zone tasks:

A Simple Task - 105 (1-2% @ Lvl 111-115) - Zones EoK-RoS
    A Simple Task - 110 (2-3% @ Lvl 111-115) - Zones: RoS-TBL

This might also mitigate some of the XP loss from deaths for people who are max level.
    Coagagin, Endorek and Yinla like this.
  4. Tappin Augur

Why can't the experience be on the mob?
  5. Riou EQResource

Why sit in the GL instead of killing stuff or being productive while waiting

Or make friends / join a family friendly guild or something to expand your potential group base
    Ferriciean likes this.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

Because they are Borg and you will assimilate. :)
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

You DONT need a full group. Get one or two people and do it.

Quit complaining, its a game. Go figure it out, ask for assistance, or /q
    Ferriciean and Pano like this.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

Stop making new threads... There are... 5? right now.
  9. Balthen Lorekeeper

Please rename this thread with "Let's get this over with" so it gets all the attention and respect it deserves. /boggle
  10. Mazame Augur

Well it not 9000 but it 1 post closer. let keep them coming
    Funky likes this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

It is not the developer's fault that a player cannot find and/or make one friend.
    Pano likes this.
  12. Raccoo Augur

Don't sit in the lobby, go to the zone you need to complete missions in. General & OOC linking your achievement merc/partisan you want and asking if others working on it want to add another. There are many people in the same situation, just have to make yourselves easier to find so you can work together. The hardest one will be crystal caverns since you pretty much have to be working on it from the beginning together with a group, or someone will have to go back to the beginning. (Pick up Invading Ice and mercs first thing)
    Laronk likes this.
  13. Laronk Augur

I wanted to just add to Rocco's post, you really need to be willing to be the leader. Invite anyone who is lfg even if they're needing a different task invite them and do their task you'll make friends and that person will be more likely to help you.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Allayna like this.
  14. Nivek Journeyman

And if I don't?
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Guys when someone says something you don't like lets not attack him for it. And I am tired of over and over the "he must not be able to make friends mantra". There is almost always more to it. Just wish the forum posters could act like adults occasionally *sighs*
    winspearean, Coagagin and Hitty like this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think his point was about doing other things. And maybe he just doesn't feel like doing other things and he just wanted to log in and kill things? *shrugs* Is is that hard for folks to figure this stuff out?

I agree joining a family guild and making friends is good but it is still not a guarantee he will get a group to do missions.

If anyone has any problem getting the actual group missions done in each zone they aren't getting to 115 without having to spend a large amount of time grinding.

Plus I agree we didn't need yet another thread on this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Please don't, all those threads need to be ignored.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

These are good suggestions but people can still find it difficult to get groups.I do agree being proactive helps though. I was always the one starting groups and it does help but I do think as more and more time goes by that getting groups to get to 115 will dry up in ToV and I really think at some point they need to raise the grinding exp.

And I can't see how that will actually hurt any other player nor to be honest why people complain when it is suggested. I have seen arguments on why they don't think it is needed but not how it would hurt anyone or anything.
  19. Nivek Journeyman

Most of the responses are from entitled elitists that bang their progression out with in a few days and then log out until raid time. I myself have tried to make groups, sat in zones asking for help;p in oof, the bottom line is if you don't get on the initial bandwagon and finish progression the first week or so, the odds of finding groups diminishes. I have soloed "With some occasional groups" all of my levels from 70 -111.
    winspearean likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Its better than the get it over with thread.

No one is getting to level 115 by just doing missions. I've finished all quests and missions and I'm still shy of 18%. Players still need to get out there and kill things.

I should really get the last 18%, but I got bored and made the mistake of making yet another alt and once again I'm having fun in lower level zones. :rolleyes: