Mangler and Veteran AAs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cfour, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Cfour New Member

Haven't been able to find a specific answer on when Veteran AAs will be added to Mangler. I have heard on all the other TLPs they dropped in GoD. I also heard they dropped on Selo in GoD but then got taken away till DoN or later. Any good info out there other than speculation?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Gates is initial but they changed them to roll out them in 2 stages I believe instead of 1 large lump sum like JG Wentworth would do if you need cash now.

Call 877 cash now.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

5. Machen New Member

Shh, don't remind them.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Tbh I cannot fully confirm because the change coincided with it being a non issue on Selo.
  7. yober Elder

8. Dahaman Augur

As of Sunday, the Throne of Heroes AA was still functional on Coirnav. That is the 8th vet reward.

EDIT: They have now released the Jan test update notes. The change is happening next week then on live servers.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...1-07-2020-patch-notes-and-discussions.262154/

- Veteran Reward AA abilities have been updated for progression servers to more closely reflect the timeline of their introduction.
    - - The ability to claim Veteran Rewards on a character has been moved from Gates of Discord to Dragons of Norrath.
    - - Abilities for years 1-7 (Lesson of the Devoted, Infusion of the Faithful, Chaotic Jester, Expedient Recovery, Steadfast Servant, Staunch Recovery, and Intensity of the Resolute) will now be usable starting with the release of Dragons of Norrath.
    - - The 8th year ability, Throne of Heroes, will be usable with the release of Prophecy of Ro.
    - - The 9th year ability, Armor of Experience, will be usable with the release of The Buried Sea.
    - - The 10th year ability, Summon Resupply Agent, will be usable with the release of Secrets of Faydwer.
    - - The 11th year ability, Summon Clockwork Banker, will be usable with the release of Seeds of Destruction.
    - - The 12th year ability, Summon Permutation Peddler, will be usable with the release of Underfoot.
    - - The 13th year ability, Summon Tribute Master, will be usable with the release of House of Thule.
    - - The 14th year ability, Blessing of the Devoted, will be usable with the release of Veil of Alaris.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Wonder how they will handle the characters that already have the veteran abilities claimed on Selo/Coirnav/Ragefire but don't meet all of the new unlock requirements. Be a real drag to lose access to the vendors atm on Selo and still have dumb stuff like 7th still in the game.
  10. Machen New Member

Yeah. I am not looking forward to losing the vendors. Really dumb.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

If they all come to this thread to complain it might hit page 2.
  12. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Very shortsighted. It's hard to see this as anything else than pure overreaction to people that have been trolling these forums to, sadly, a surprisingly high degree of success.
  13. Aegir Augur

That hype when you finally can do lesson burns in an expansion that has no new level cap or AAs.....
    jeskola and Machen like this.
  14. taliefer Augur

players are not allowed to have fun abilities, sorry. this is not reflective of the timeline.

really stupid change, really not sure what the problem with vet rewards are.

we could let you have a free 30 minute exp bump right when expansions start having level increases and large amounts of AA, but why do that when we can sell you potions?
    Aneuren likes this.
  15. Meredyth Augur

I am very disappointed with the proposed veteran AA change. It just seems totally senseless and unjustifiable. Can a dev please explain what the purpose of this change is, before I start voting with my wallet by spending my money on other games?
    Aneuren likes this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Alright, I think it honestly boils down to what we just saw on Selo. Maybe it was on their todo list because it also happened on Phinny? But the reality is, the early release (Gates) unlock of, specifically, armor of experience and 7th year DPS boost completely, absolutely trashes any in game advantages you can get. (You could technically glyph, but... you can also glyph and use the veteran AA's, so the advantage still remains.)

If a player used the 7th DPS boost they were guaranteed to top the parse, and I never saw a non-7th beat out someone that did use it. Quite simply, it was a huge advantage nobody could compete with. Furthermore, during this era there is still an aspect of open world competition, although after Gates that's 99% a forgotten memory.

Losing the bankers and the lifestyle stuff is a real shame. They just offer the lifestyle improvements that people like today. Were they simply collateral damage? I would think so, and maybe just changing the release dates, rather than the release order of rewards is easier without messing up Live players.
  17. That0neguy Augur

They did, right there in the beginning of the patch notes.
  18. MAggius New Member

This has just spoilt my day, who cares who makes the top of the parse because they have an older account. Kinda the whole point of the rewards.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

not saying right or wrong, but dbg has been making changes to even some things out with regard to old content. Motm was a bandaid but you can see part of their plan is to correct player power as it effects early expos.

They have a long way to go, but if you look back at the early tlp it appears it's all been a net benefit. Seeing raid mobs die before you actually see them is, well, bad gaming.
  20. Zanarnar Augur

So... basically we all lost our Vet AA's so some a-holes doing pre-GoD content can feel cool about out-DPSing some other a-holes in pointless open world content? Is that about the gist of it?

For real, the people who pushed them to do this, and their leadership that agreed.

Anyone wanna buy a 20yr old account w/ a lifetime sub? like this just ... (shakes head)