Test Update 01/07/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Angahran Augur

If they hadn't locked the Beta forums so quickly we could go copy&paste the reported issues from there.
    Since they love copy&paste so much that should make them happy :p

How is so much broken ? It's not like anyone got anything actually new. Everything was just copy&past from previous levels with a minor increase (or major decrease, e.g. Cascading Theft of Life going from 12k to 1300, 1400 and 1500 in the new ranks!).
  2. Kuaamil Elder

Not the collection update I was hoping for...
    Jordis, Allayna and Duder like this.
  3. Repthor Augur

what happened to the AA fixes Dzarn said he whould get to for the jan update

what happened to the tradeskill quest Ngreth said was delyed untill jan patch

one rare named had its span rate adjusted adjusted , what about the others that was reported

what about the fixes for the clean up scripts in the group missions that makes copses with loot on vannish
    Jordis, Sancus, Duder and 2 others like this.
  4. Tappin Augur

lulz
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm trying not to be too negative but I believe I'm speaking for many fellow players that the following things missing from this patch message is deflating:

1) The XP in ToV is terribad and the XP loss associated post receiving resurrection is worse.

2) The lack of currency received in Hero missions for type 5 augs is on par with Asian style grindfest MMO's. A mostly American audience doesn't want this much grind.

3) It should be obvious no tradeskill quest is a huge disappoint.

4) Collects that drop in Hero missions in this expansion were not addressed.

5) Quests, as in most every Partisan task in this expansion need to have the range of "stand here" updates increased. These quests bug out far too easily, too boot where these types of updates simply do not happen. These quests also bug out commonly if you switch picks. This is particularly annoying when the /pick you have been in suddenly collapses.

TBM launch and this launch don't seem all too different if I'm being honest. I truly hope tier 1 raids aren't further disappointment to come.
    Jordis, Skuz, Kuaamil and 5 others like this.
  6. Marope Lorekeeper

And the housing bugs continue, I'm still unable to place items in my house.
    At least instances lasted more than a day so far.

fix, fix, fix :)
    Lots of bug messages to go over also :)
  7. Caisy Master

These are the laziest patch notes I've seen. There are so many other bugs that have been mentioned that should have been included. Also the TS earring. I'd like to say I'm disappointed, but this is unsurprising.
    Duder likes this.
  8. taliefer Augur

why are you messing with vet aa at all? oh, thats right, because we got them in gates, which introduces a bunch of aa, followed by omens, a level cap AND a slew of aa.

why give players a free 30 minute exp ability at that time, when you can sell us potions?
    Aneuren likes this.
  9. Karhar Dream Crusher

He doesn't spawn in Eastern Wastes too. So they have the wrong zone even.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Dahaman Augur

They initially announced for this to happen two or three months ago. That would have wiped ALL vet rewards from Coirnav, the only server where that would have happened, even after people had claimed them on characters. They rescinded that implementation date, and I'm quite thankful.

Coirnav characters now get to keep the first 7 vet rewards (and get the others later on the posted schedule). I'm not a fan that we lose any (my main loses the 8th thru 14th rewards), but this is far more palatable.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Meredyth Augur

I will also not renew my accounts if the veteran AA change for TLP goes forward. It’s not needed and is a slap in the face for your loyal customers that earned them. I agree with other posters, change them for an upcoming TLP if you want so that people know what to expect, but don’t remove them from existing TLPs.

Unless I see a really solid justification for this or this veteran AA change is rescinded, I will not be giving DBG any more of my money.

Don’t fix things that aren’t broken. Err on the side of fun rather than ‘historical accuracy’. Be consistent about your policy too. People are totally confused by you giving us things that are out of era in some cases but then removing focus effects and veteran AAs. It just seems totally arbitrary right now.
    Aneuren and Duder like this.
  12. Cailen Augur

Thank you for saying what all non TLP players were thinking Razorfall, but if you ask them we're all a bunch of free loaders that don't pay to play
  13. Kuaamil Elder

If the Tier 1 raids are tuned as they were in Beta, it seems that Daybreak has compensated for them being too easy by making everything else needlessly grindy.
    Jhenna_BB and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. jeskola pheerie

Wow, they managed to royally piss off both halves of their playerbase at once this time.
    Jordis likes this.
  15. jeskola pheerie

TLP is 50% of the playerbase now according to Holly in her EQ Show interview.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I for one have zero interest in TLP... but can certainly agree that taking away the Vet AA's that you already have is not a nice thing to do at all. It makes no sense. Doing it on a new server, sure... existing, no.
    Aneuren and jeskola like this.
  17. kizant Augur

This is a great change and makes perfect sense. Why play on a progression server if things aren't progressing properly? Not sure why anyone is complaining.
    Cailen, chronicler, Jordis and 6 others like this.
  18. taliefer Augur

on the off chance you arent trolling, people dont play on TLPs for an exact recreation of the EQ timeline. Vet rewards have been available in GoD on every progression server since Fippy. this change doesnt make sense.

someone else above said they should err on the side of fun, which essentially sums it up nicely. they are wildly inconsistent about changes on TLP, and this one does nothing but take fun away from the players
    Aneuren likes this.
  19. kizant Augur

I could see early on when TLPs didn't progress very far that they'd give out some things a little early. Especially when they weren't fully committed to the concept and trying to see if players would even play on them. It might even help get players to give them a try if you give them Vet AAs early. But now it's a central part of the business. Think of early Vet AAs as an incentive offer with an expiration in 2020.
    Szilent, Kristynn and Kianara like this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But these are not early incentives, this is taking away Vet AAs that players already have. Yes for future TLP servers change when they are given, but don't take them away from players that have them already.