Fixed Internally Velks Rare Spawns

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Cloud the Third, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

I have logged over 120 kills of a glaring gargoyle and not seen a single named spawn. Can someone confirm if this is correct on their spawn chance? I am wasting a ton of time in velks over 30 hours camping this thing and if there is a problem with the spawn I could spend my time doing something else til it gets fixed.
  2. Denial_Sinfae Augur

It definitely spawns the named. I had 250 kills on the kobald for the named. Velks is the worst zone from everything I've heard in guild, across the server, and in serverwide chats.
  3. Cloud the Third Augur

I have heard people say it is spawning on some servers. I would like a dev to confirm that it is spawning at the correct rate so I don't needlessly waste time camping it if it is lower than it should be.

I have heard in the past that they have a system in place to increase the chance of spawning every time it spawns but it has been bugged in the past causing it to decrease instead of increase chance it spawns. So was thinking it could maybe be screwed up on our server having never spawned after 7 days straight of camping it 4+ hours.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's the correct PH. It's just one of the rare ones. Took me quite some time to spawn it.
  5. UnknownUser New Member

This mob has two PH that I have seen him spawn at one up top by the castle area one in the well area by the terrors. I am assuming you are asking about "a velium horror".
    [IMG]
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

The question is more about the code to make sure it increases chance to spawn over time. I know in the past this code has been bugged making it rarer over time and I just want to make sure after 30 hours of camping it that the npc has not gotten rarer to the point of it can no longer spawn now on our server.

There is a 3rd ph for him in the basement as well too.

I am not against having some rare spawns but 30+ hours camping 2 points that can spawn every 16 mins is pushing it. I have yet to find another spawn that took less than 4 hours other than the Kerdelb out of every named in the expansion. Even the spider and kobold in the basement took only 4ish hours.
  7. Riou EQResource

These ones just seem to be broken on the other side of spawning too little vs the rest of tov named that spawn too much
  8. Daedly Augur

I have never really tried to call this named, but I have had him spawn quite a few times in the pack of 5 gargs in the hallway just before you get to the Kobolds in that rounded room.
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

Can you confirm this with a screenshot? I have seen the other named Qabruh spawn there multi times but never seen this one.

It has been part of my guessing that a velium horror was maybe on the same named flag as Qabruh meaning that as long as Qabruh is up the velium horror could not spawn. I normally leave Qabruh up in a location that is away from the glaring gargs so I don't have to kill him every spawn round since he spawns so much.

If someone can confirm that is happening it would be great because I would just go kill Qabruh and then camp only that single glaring one by himself so that I can't accidentally spawn Qabruh again and just wait for him to spawn at that 1 place holder.
  10. Kuaamil Elder

There's 3 phs for a velium horror. Two up top and one in the tunnels. I've seen him spawn at all three. I think the camp took me 20ish hours, then I saw him twice the next day while grinding AA.

Technically I saw him twice during that 20 hour camp. I had him spawn as a pick was closing and then the pick dropped mid-pull. I think people on the other side of town heard the swearing.
  11. Daedly Augur

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought Q was who you were looking for.
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

Well I can't ever seem to get enough people in the zone for a pick. I am still thinking this may have to do with the code making a greater chance to spawn the longer he goes not spawning is bugged and making it harder for him the spawn the less he spawns.
  13. Qbert Gallifreyan

I have never heard of this type of code existing in the game for any named ever. Where did you come up with that one?
  14. Cloud the Third Augur

I don't remember how long ago it was but I remember a dev posting they had the code wrong and it was making the named harder to spawn at one point.
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

Ya, I think you are either mis-remembering, remembering something specific to a quest npc, or both/some combination thereof. This is not an EQ mechanic for normal mobs.
  16. Cloud the Third Augur

Well lets start logging how rare this horror is, ignoring the 140+ kills of the ph I have already done.
    40 glaring garg kills today 16 min respawn and no named spawn.
  17. Prathun Developer

We've rebalanced rare spawn likelihood across the board in Torment of Velious.
    This fix should go out with the January update. Thanks!
  18. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

Translated "get your loots now guys the nerf is coming"
  19. Cloud the Third Augur

31 more kills today and nothing but phes again. Can these really even spawn on the luclin server? Is there some kinda bug in the zone that stops them from spawning if something happens? I just want to know if I am wasting my time trying to pop them until it is patched.
  20. German Augur

They spawn, just very rare.