for those complaining about xp, here's a tip.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Lisard Silly

First of all if you were 99% into 110 when the expansion opened, by the time you completed the Progression you should have either dinged 115 or have been within 20% of 115.

Build yourself a xp group.

Grab the 3 Merc tasks in Velks Lab, complete the 3 merc tasks in velks lab. Repeat. between the kill xp and the task xp and if your using some form of XP bonus (lesson/pots) this is the best "Grind XP" your gonna find, especially if your spawning the named up by the gargs/kobolds named xp is pretty high (like 5aa or .5%xp). Each Merc task gives roughly 11aa or close to 1% per.

Complete the 4 hero missions (should be roughly 8% normal xp)

Eastern Wastes - Missionary ADA: The Way Back Home - 24AA or 1.2%xp

Easter Wastes - Yealdin Stormfell: The Last of the Storm Boars - 24AA or 1.2%xp.

(Eastern Wastes pro tip, Make sure you kill all the mobs in each wave prior to looting the signets...also make sure you do not INSTA LOOT..if you loot to quickly it wont update the quest properly some tips for this is to turn advlooting off or make sure at least 1 other person is in your group so that it rolls the item ensuring you loot the signets slower, this is also applied to 'The Way Back Home' quest when you loot the pendant)

Great Divide - Taskmaster Abyott: O.M.A.D - 24AA or 1.2%xp

Kael Drakkel - Derakor the Vindicator: Find the Survivors - 24AA or 1.2%xp
    Kael Drakkel - Iceweaver Beldikan: The Ice Moves - 24AA or 1.2%xp
    Kael Drakkel - Svekk Fangbinder: Wolf Bites Giant - 24AA or 1.2%xp

Collections give 2% xp regardless of level past 110.

all of these tasks are on a 30 minute timer (with the exception of the 4 hero missions being 5 hours) cycling this is gonna net you the best xp.

I've leveled 4 characters (Independently) this expansion now (2 of which are max aa), I have never had to leave the ToV zones. i have a job, no i did not no life the game. i took 1 day off of work which was the launch day.
    OldTimer, Raccoo, Pano and 6 others like this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Its time to face facts.

This expansion is not about "Grinding" as per the xp rewards given out from grinding vs those of the "quests"

The dev's clearly want to make us all do quests in order to level faster. That is their prerogative to do so. Just as it is all the player base prerogative to either quest or grind .. the choice is literally theirs to make.
  3. Ashian Augur

We had groups on our server level to 115 entirely in TBL or off of grinding group mobs. Yes, it is slow, but it isn’t atrocious. The expansion has only been out a few weeks and no new content (outside raids) will be released for another 11 months. The first person on my server hit 115 after 25 hours.

You can expedite the exp gain by doing missions / quests, but it isn’t a requirement.
  4. Funky Augur

so how many experience complaining topics do we have now?
    [IMG]
  5. Mazame Augur

for those complaining about xp, here's a tip.

ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with

To those who complain about slow XP...

Mearatas - Zone Experience Modifier (it was posted as a change in place to grind from Tov)

Question about ToV achievement experience

TOV experience design will hurt raiding

TOV Exp design killing sales of Bottles of Adventure

exp this expac

Best Expansion in YEARS (Talks about someone that loves the “hell Levels” as an answer to his request so I guessing it could be included in the XP post list)

Lesson of Devoted with Merc Tasks

I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?

I'm gonna grind to 115 in GMM

I am not seeing the 9000 we need to start a few more..... Let's get this over with!!!! 9000
    Vumad, Yinla, Whulfgar and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

As many as it takes to see it addressed. This is an obvious hot button.
  7. Lisard Silly

this isnt a complaint tho...this is a guide for xp to those who are crying about xp lol.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Which is a GREAT way to help people out. And I'm sure alot of people like that you are helping them out. I know I am. Thanks for the info man! Good form !
  9. Ryedough New Member

This has been most eggcelent in aiding my rise to golden glory
    Raccoo and Whulfgar like this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

If by "guide" you mean trolljob, goal accomplished!

ps: I still think your post was funny, though GG :)
  11. Moege Augur

Want to bet a krono on that statement ?
  12. ArtremasEQ Augur

AA XP in ToV is fine, the levels 111-115 are large, get over it.
    Play your way to 115, rather than grind it. Plenty to do.

Less 'entitled whining' more 'play and enjoy' and I think ppl will find ToV quite fun.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

Really though that is just opinion, some people find collecting stamps "fun". They just took away one of the two options to get your levels.

Last exp by this time I would be top level and almost done with AA. Not even 113 yet. I guess I could buy my way to 115 like some I know.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  14. Ashian Augur

Fine, anniversary content and raids. You win. But if you’re already maxed out on everything, another GMM won’t do you much good.

As for raids — if your guild is strong enough to take down ToV raids, you shouldn’t be struggling to find a group to do the missions / quests and speed through the new levels.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Good post, Lisard, thanks for creating that path.
  16. Mazame Augur

There more then Anniversary stuff to come. The Epic TS evolving quest is on it way as well.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No, they didn't. Nothing stops you from grinding for 5-6% level experience per hour in TOFS or wherever. Just like a great group did in Sebilis at level 59.

Sounds pretty old school.

What you are complaining about, is not being able to cheese levels by killing easy lower level mobs whose hp and difficulty didn't scale the same as the exp gains, since exp gains are based on a standard formula based off mob level, whereas mob hp and difficulty jumps quite a bit.
    Petalonyx and code-zero like this.
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

Cheesing levels to me is being in raid gear and beating the expansion in a week. ;)
  19. alycin Journeyman

Actually took me 2 days to do everything... week meh
  20. Nivek Journeyman

Agree