Taunt and Threat Actions Not Working

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Siraj, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Siraj Lorekeeper

I have died numerous times because the taunt/threat abilities are NOT getting aggro, even with GUARANTEED aggro, such as Unyielding Attention, Area Taunt, etc. This is happening in other content, not just TOV. Please address/fix.
    Raccoo, Laurana, Zaray and 22 others like this.
  2. Pepperlord New Member

I am not sure if it is related but pets (both beastlord warder and mage pet) have been unable to hold aggro on during the Griklor the Restless mission. Those same pets have had zero issue holding aggro on other TOV named and normal mobs.
  3. bortage spammin lifetaps

Terrors don't appear to be generating aggro either for SKs or they are generating severely diminished aggro
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ok, I thought it was just me sucking at playing an SK. The other day (post-ToV launch), I had a rogue merc on balanced steal agro from my SK fighting a single mob...and I could not get it back even after casting every agro spell I had and popping every agro AA I had. SK is 112, btw.
    bortage likes this.
  5. Pepperlord New Member

I have noticed additional oddities with pet threat. In particular, mage water pet with ice swords (taunt turned OFF) keeps pulling threat off of a beastlord pet with defensive buff (taunt turned ON) and mage pet gear.
  6. smash Augur

I think I know why warder got bad time keeping aggro..

There is of course a reason. Try to take a look at the new pet proc..
    Spirit of Man... it got a 10500 deaggro. while the old Spirit of Ba... got a deaggro of 875.
    My belief is that the dev accidently added an extra 0 by mistake, so it should have been 1050 instead.
    Duder likes this.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

This is the rogue merc, not you or your terrors. You will have to be more proactive in agro to keep above it. Load 2 terrors if you need to, I do usually with that merc.

Terrors are working the same as they always have, they still generate agro. Only thing that gives me any issues with agro is a beast/monk on full burn or a melee dps merc.
    Drogba likes this.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

Where are you seeing these issues? My taunt abilities, ageless, unyielding, etc are all working just fine in both group current content and raids.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not that poster, but where I saw the issue was in GMM, against a single orc mob. If I had the rogue merc on balanced, keeping aggro was an extreme challenge. If I put it on burn, I could not grab aggro back, even casting multiple terror/demand spells and using every aggro generating AA/disc I had. I was pulling with Demand, hitting it with Terror and Spear, and hitting taunt as soon as I had it in melee range...and the merc would grab agro about 5 seconds later. I gave up using the rogue merc after that and went back to the caster merc.

I could be wrong, but someting definitely seems broken...either on the spell side or the merc side.
  10. sojero One hit wonder

Are you using Touch of hemofax line or Voice of Thule? are you making sure that your bold attacks are enabled? I turn it off sometimes if I am not tank, so yeah its a valid question for some. Do you have a hate mask?

Are you loading 2 terrors, on burn you almost have to.

Taunt does nothing unless they are above you, and if you don't throw out other stuff right after taunt, it is meaningless.

You need to pull with terror as it has the hate override, then go into a AA agro (HA, veil, on of our AE if you can) while spells are on cooldown, then on new content since the slow is so nice, I usually use the challenge line, then dicho then spear then dire then terror till its dead, rinse and repeat throwing AA hate as much as needed.

These new merc settings really make you want that agro as a tank.
    Drogba likes this.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

Reminder! If this is a problem you're experiencing be sure to like the first post. Discussing it is helpful, but liking the first post helps push it higher into the top posts list.
    Siraj likes this.
  12. Natal Augur

Are you sure your attack was on? Lol. That happens sometimes.

The rogue mercs post 110 generate a lot more hate so you have to work harder keeping agro off them. You should be ok on balanced though. Make sure you have yourself designated as MT/MA/puller though, that seems to keep them from engaging immediately, which appears to be enough for you to hold agro (from my experience anyway). If it is still a problem, just put the rogue on passive for a short period to cool him down a bit, then reactivate him.

If you have the rogue on burn you are going to have to work to retain agro, keep that in mind. Once again, if you want the rogue to burn, have him on passive or balanced at the start, then activate burn mode once you are more secure in your agro.

Basically you need to manage the merc just as you would manage a real rogue.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Fair question. :) I sometimes forget to do it when my SK isn't main tank and I'm focused on getting heals under control on my cleric. But in this instance, I hit attack as the mob is running toward me so I DON'T forget it...hehe.

And to the other poster...yes I do more than simply taunt. I have a keybind for terrors/taps/spear that I spam like mad. Voice and Touch are running.

However, now that I think about it, I'm not sure about Bold Attacks...I'm not in game right now to check. I remember when he dinged 111, I had to go in and enable it. I honestly do not remember if I did it when he dinged 112. I'll check that next time I play...thanks.
  14. Duder Augur

Yeah, I noticed the 10500 right away on Spirit of Mandrikai and have never used it because of the increase of the 12x increase to hate reduction. Will make a new thread regarding it
  15. Siraj Lorekeeper

When my group is burning, my beastlord opens with over 1m dps just meleeing. I use my aggro and nothing happens.
  16. sojero One hit wonder

What is the name of the ability(s) you are using?
  17. Siraj Lorekeeper

Burn AA and melee? Lol or on my warrior?
  18. PhantasmaRathe Journeyman

seems to be a problem related to the charmed pet of the enchanter in general as well... i made a seperate post about it but it might be related to this same issue
  19. sojero One hit wonder

on your warrior.
  20. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

Definitely not a ToV thing. I've noticed this issue even on Mangler during raids and groups. AoE Taunts go off, no target change or a delayed target change.