No Fix Planned Bard double invise bug.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Maedhros, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Maedhros High King

I don't know if I can adequately describe whats going on, so I haven't bug reported it before.
    The gist is that sometimes if a person in a group uses their own version of invise vs undead, and then the bard casts double invise it will overwrite the person's IVU and then both versions of IVU drop. Like they cancel each other out. The person finds theirself running around at bard speed with just regular invise on.
    Drogba, Vaniddar, Yinla and 10 others like this.
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

One of the issues as well is the bard regular invis has a larger range than the invis to undead. So if you're not all close they will get regular and not the undead invis or it will do what you said and knock off a permanent invis to undead.
    Yinla and barkingb like this.
  3. Dalsina Lunrais

I have been having this issue also.
  4. Funky Augur

this is true, but ive had the same thing happen while my bard double invis'd the group while standing in the middle of the whole group together.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  5. svann Augur

I tried to duplicate the invis dropping and it never did it. Must be only sometimes.
  6. Razorfall Augur

Haven't been able to reproduce, but I have run into this problem several times.
  7. Maedhros High King

The times I have had the issue was with paladin and mage versions of IVU, with a bard in group doing their double.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

9. svann Augur

It would be really nice if someone with a bard and pally or mage could test this under controlled conditions (not in fight, not otm). Ive tried it several times with bard and wizard and have not seen the issue. Whether bard casts first or wizard cast first both still end up with IVU.
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Maed (the OP) is this person.. his bard is Vaniddar.
  11. Skvoid Elder

Had this happen to me too, killed me a couple times on my boxed character.
  12. Llayenie New Member

Happened to us a few times today (mage IVU followed by bard double invis) - doesn't happen all the time though.
  13. svann Augur

Tested it with a pally and it didnt happen, so i guess not all the time.
  14. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Was with a mage guildy who died in Kael to this using their own invis and me casting my AA double invis.

Then it happened shortly thereafter, same issue.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would be nice if the relevent portion of the song was blocked from landing if a perminant version of invis or invis v undead but the other part landing.
  16. svann Augur

I could be wrong, but I dont think mages get ivu. And if that's correct, casting regular invis after bard double invis will remove the ivu. What Ive done is use a macro and add the text
    /g casting double invis
    so people know not to cast invis after.
  17. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

18. Maedhros High King

Is this resolved? I have been alerting bards in my guild and have tried to make everyone as aware as possible. The work around of just letting the bard use their invise works fine, but thats obviously not a solution.
  19. niente Developer

I haven't been able to reproduce this.
  20. Maedhros High King

This is definitely at least one of the problems.
    I stood in one spot on my paladin at loc 0, -492 and cast IVU upon myself.
    My bard stood at 0, -211 and cast Shauris Sonorous Clouding (double invise) and it stripped the IVU off my paladin and placed just the live version of double invise on the paladin at that range.
    I found the sweet spot range where every time I repeated this process, it ended in the bad result.
    Paladin still at 0, -492 with the bard at 0, -391 and it will do this every time. If the bard steps just one "step" closer then I get both versions of double invise.
    The obvious fix for at least this aspect of the issue would be to set the distance on both versions of invise and invise vs undead to the same effective range.
    I wonder if this is 99% of the problem.
    Part of the issue is also the way stacking with invise and IVU works. Regular invise always overwrites IVU if regular invise is cast second am I correct? If I try to double invise our group while on my paladin with another toon that can cast regular invise the process works if I cast group IVU which has a cast time, and then the other person casts regular group invise that has instant cast time before my group IVU completes. Bam entire group has IVU and regular invise.
    It would probably help if we didn't have so much overwriting due to stacking issues.
    Was there any change to the range of either version of invise to the bard since TOV opened?
    Thunderkiks likes this.