GD mission restless assault - takes too long for named to start attacking

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LesserArchi, Jan 2, 2020.

1. LesserArchi Elder

Can’t tell if it’s just me or not but when starting the battle, I get the 1st named emote and nothing happens. This goes on periods of time somewhere around 8 times before I see the name mob at the camp. It takes quite long time. I’ve been battling 2 named at a time with no resting. And my box toons start to wither away due to no break for rezz from merc cleric. Also the ignore pet code really hurts the event. 1st attempt I have beaten it after 2 wipes. But 2nd mission, after a wipe, I am noticing 2 of the names are stuck together where I couldn’t able to beat them. It’s really hard to beat them with the anti-pet code. I am boxing 1 chanter and 4 mage btw. Anyone has any tricks to this one or some sort of bug?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

When they spawn, go to them. If you have a tracker you'll notice they don't spawn near the start point (at least the first few . . . I haven't gotten past the 4th boss yet, but I've only tried once).
    Yinla, svann and Tucoh like this.
  3. Mazame Augur

This is because there is more than one camp they go to and then they kill all the dwarf and then move to the next camp. When you get the emote the Name is up you job is to go find it and kill it before it kills the dwarfs.

To do this yes track is an option but often not the best option because you may not make it in time to save the dwarfs.

The best options are your old level 2-4 spell call sense the dead or sense animal. This will turn you in the direction of the named and or his wold pet and you just run strait to them.

If you take to long to kill then you might get a 2nd named but most people should be able to with a group kill the current name before the next one spawns. ( next name spawns when all wolves and giant is dead or after X time has passed. )
    Gundolin likes this.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

I used to have that as an aa but they took it away :(
  5. Buri Augur

I've only tried this once, and we got to the final boss but didn't win. I tracked to them easily, which really helped, especially when it got to the wolves because they were at 3 different camps.
    Also, one of our group members talked to some of the dwarves near Thurg, and it appeared that they were willing to go to the different camps and help. Gotta investigate this further.
  6. Mazame Augur

Yes they will and this can be used if your group needs the Dwarf guards to help tank. But if you use this to help then you don't get one of the /achievements.

The last guy is best to drag to the river before you fight him. When he splits the new version will get a blue ring under them. when you see that blue ring DO NOT KILL that mob switch to a different one. If you kill one that has a blue ring then some one will get death touched
    Gundolin likes this.
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

AMAGERD spoiler alert much?!?! =P
  8. Tucoh Augur

I was having trouble getting the achievement for not letting any coldain die, but I figured it out last night.

The toughest phase for that achievement is the one where the guy spawns with a bunch of wolves that split up and go eat the elderly coldain. If you send the Opal coldain to the northwest and the Emerald coldain to the south, you can move to the east and intercept the boss and stray wolf and have enough time to go to the northwest and south.

It's also fun to quickly detect where the giant is and send all the coldain to the camp. I don't know that it makes fighting Narandi or the Huntmaster (the two hardest giants) easier, but it's fun seeing a bunch of coldain pile on top of the mobs.
  9. Mazame Augur

4 Mission, no real progression and were 2 weeks in. If people didn't know that info already then they needed the info. Other wise we see 4 pages of post about how hard this exp is tuned. :)
  10. Adeus Journeyman

I hadn't needed to do this: you might not need this now, but for the benefit of others, the Coldains can be pre-buffed - it can buy time for moving between camps.
  11. Gundolin Augur

Do they spawn in the same location each time?
  12. Ashian Augur

The mission NPCs you need to kill spawn in random locations. Narandi always seems to spawn in the same spot.
  13. svann Augur

Kinda need a tracker for this mission or else it would be painful.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Yeah, the spawn emotes could definitely be more informative in this one. Any group without a tracker is basically screwed, heh.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Riou EQResource

The mobs do spawn in like 1 of 4 spots, the camps that the wolves can be at to stall the next phase can be at different spots too though
  16. Symbius Augur

Eh.. Sk, Pal, Clr and Nec can all find them easy with Sense Undead.

Add in the Ranger, Bard and Druid tracking, that's an awful lot of classes that make it trivial to find them.

Even if you run without any of that, they can only be in 4 different spots. The 3rd one pops adds in all the locations, burn him to limit those.
  17. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Doesn't particularly matter how "easy" they are to find. The emotes could have some information about where they are, or where they're heading.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Wait? You want helpful emotes?

We just did Doomfire raid tonight and the second part emotes are still just done in /say and not considered real emotes for filtering.

Emotes have been used to tell you something has changed in the event/zone/whatever. It's up to the players to use that information and with their abilities, do something.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But this isn't a raid it is a group mission, this isn't for raiders it is for every day group players.

Doomfire raid really wasn't finished off properly, the zone trash is still casting level 50 - 65 spells, makes me smile everytime I see one cast a complete heal....like that is gonna happen.
  20. Mazame Augur

Sense Animals
    DRU/1 SHM/7 BST/2

The spells are much faster than track.
    So that would 9/16 classes that can find them.

As for the 3rd name the giant and all 4 wolf spawn at the same time. Burning him wont do anything.
    The Huntmaster (2nd to last) spawn wolf and most time there 10 but you can burn him to get less. How ever most of the time unless your very fast they will still spawn after his death.