Mearatas, who’s next?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

As raid guilds push to 115, what’s the over/under on the next raid guild to add their name to the list of Mearatas wins?!
  2. Jadenpain Scholar

couple of issue w/ progression on that atm almost if not all guild used glyph to power thought the end the 1st time. until max level they are still broken to buy. Also for those guild that did push and are all max 115 death penalty is big atm once aa are about done bigger buffer wont be as horrid as it is now. We just /tell torque im pretty sure managed color coordinated the last raid before expansion launch. and atm i'm glad not to go farm it while there lower hanging fruit for the holidays/before new stuff.
    Maedhros and Riou like this.
  3. Verily Tjark Augur

If it were anyone other than JP, I would make some joke about lower hanging fruit... I pass ;)
  4. Tucoh Augur

It is interesting that throughout ToV progression my tank has felt weaker than I am used to simply because I'm not popping off glyph of dragonscales like candy at any tough fight. Even at 115 with a thousand or so AAs and nearly fully T3 geared I'm pretty sure my warrior in farm mode at 110 was stronger just because of this.
  5. smash Augur

No idea if true, but one of warriors I group with, has mentioned that he seems to have lost around 500 ac.

Maybe because of some new items got required 110 and recommended 115. No idea if that.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Interesting, I haven't paid attention to any of my stats but 500 displayed ac is a massive change that would seriously nerf his ability to tank.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Honest question-

What is the point of defeating Mearatas now, outside for the checkmark?

TOV raid gear is better, and apparently raids are easier than TBL. It is most likely still difficult at 115 if you cannot follow the emotes, avoid fireballs and DPS while moving in a circle. Outside of the satisfaction of winning after xyz attempts, I cannot think of a reason a guild would want to defeat it in 2020. Maybe I am missing a bigger picture thing.

Personally I would want to do it just to do it. I know I am missing color coordinated achievement and may never get it. And that is OK. Life will still go.on for me. But if you have never won Mearatas... life would still go on for you as well.
    Tucoh likes this.
  8. Endaar Augur

Until we see "live" tuning it's hard to say definitively, but based on beta, nothing is as difficult as Mearatas or even close.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  9. Maedhros High King

Mearatas is still going to be 90% as hard as before even at 115. Mephits and Sentinals still take the same amount of bane damage whether you use a level 1, 50, 110 or 115 spell. I had hoped that the levels, AA and augs that we've got in the last handful of days since TOV opened would make a difference, but we got waxed in Mearatas last night. Flaccid muscle memory from not doing the raid since before beta opened is enough of a problem that a few levels and AA and augs can not solve.
    The risk versus reward is even more out of whack now with TOV raids going live in a few weeks with the better gear. With the lack of any unique chase items in Mearatas, I would be surprised if many or maybe any more new guilds beat it again.
    Maybe in a few months when whole raid forces have the excess AA for Glyphs again.
  10. Axxius Augur

Mearatas is not as much about power (levels, AA) as playing well. That's the beauty of it.
  11. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

25% and below mephits might be a little easier with a little more hps… increased DPS will allow anyone who's just getting stopped by enrage (are there any left?) to make it... but yeah, for the most part it's just pressing buttons goodly and not screwing up hallways.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Does not exist yet.
    svann and Allayna like this.
  13. Allayna Augur

It's about beating content, not letting it beat you. Even after a level increase, there's no shame in that, it's a challenging event and will continue to be so. I saw it bring together the EQ community and actually congratulate each other instead of the status quo of tearing each other down.
  14. Cicelee Augur

I agree with you.

I also feel that that sentiment may not apply to all 54 members in guilds 11-35. At some point, the reward has to match the time invested. You know all to well that come July when loot is going to alts and second alts that there is some grumbling about "why are we doing this raid again"? And that the noise gets louder come August and September.

In 2019, there was a reward for defeating Mearatas outside of the challenge and saying "I did it! We did it!" It came in the form of usable gear that was best in slot, and currency. In 2020 those rewards are going to lose a significant amount of value. So much so that there is going to be some questioning the "why" when Mearatas is called. Yes some will pursue it, and some may still have a guild need for the loot. But I would think many would have moved on to bigger fish.

Again, I am playing devil's advocate. I personally want to defeat encounters. Loot is nice, of course, but not critical. It will come when it comes is my belief. Point is, just consider the other side. Which is what my honest question was in the first place.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  15. Daedly Augur

Glad to know it's not just me. I didn't want to say anything as I have no real proof, but my SK just seems to not be tanking as well as he did in the early levels. I don't mean because of glyph either as I don't generally use it except in emergency. Again, it is more of a feeling, but glad to see I am not the only one.
  16. Tucoh Augur

I think beyond the glyph thing and even beyond the ToV mobs generally hitting harder in T2 zones, ToV introduced some kind of strikethrough or melee damage bug causing all mobs to be harder.
  17. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

There is still an award... acheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesements! These would allow people to unlock the final stage of their evolving gear... gear that is better than ToV raid gear....

So there is that.... And if your guild cares about it's players they will continue to go back and get these checkmarks.
    Funky and Duder like this.