Not A Bug LACK OF EXPERIENCE

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yiaden, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Yiaden New Member

Just wondering when you are going to fix the lack of experience problem you got going on...
    Fanra, Siraj, Kinadorm and 1 other person like this.
  2. Angahran Augur

You mean having to kill 100k+ mobs for a level isn't 'fun' ?
    Herf likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

[IMG]
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

Your doing it wrong the expansion is not designed to grind. Do quest... you know EverQuest.
    Hitty, I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Yinla like this.
  5. Earthy New Member

Sure for leveling; eventually those the 96% rez wear down is going to get us.
    Kinadorm likes this.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

Unless you are dying 20 times a day it will be fine i maintain solid exp with 80-90% going to exp and rest going to aa. Once i max aa the exp at 100% will be easy to get back 4% lost.

Making it hurt a little for deaths isn't a bad thing. Remember back in the day you had to corpse run naked to get your gear and rez. Today a death was meaningless so making you want to not die a little isn't a bad thing.
  7. Angahran Augur

So all of the quests are repeatable and give xp each time ?
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

Partisan can be repeated for exp, heros can be repeated for exp... but if you do all merc, partisan, and hero you will probably be around level 114 so you only grind like 1 level after that. You can add collections too and they give a little exp while grinding.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not seeing a lack of exp.

EW gives an AA a kill at level 113, if anything it is on the high side.
  10. Earthy New Member

Pullers and tanks die all the time. My bard is getting the short end of the stick; I was 20% into 115 but slowly has been worn down and is about to delevel. You need pullers and the mobs are cheap. Instant snare/root on pull etc. No it isnt just something you scoff at; you cant get achieve xp over and over again so once its done you are exposed to the wear down with the 96% rez. What if you want to do harder content? You need 1-2 days of grinding to be able to withstand the deaths that come with more riskier adventures. I already did all the achieves, I cannot spend a day and do them again cause that is not an option.
  11. smash Augur

Depends on how you look at xp.

AA xp = ok, normal xp = not. Tanks are going to have it rather harsh during raids. And here not even thinking on normal content.

I can feel my tanks less willing to do stuff, because when you die, you have a long time to get back to where you were.
    Mukkul likes this.
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

Learn to pull better? I am a bard btw and as anyone about Cloud on luclin and I do insane pulls all the time. I die all the time too 20-30 times some days from doing crazy risky things. All I have to do to keep up with the deaths is change it from 90% to aa to like 70-80% to aa and I keep up no problem. If I can keep up with deaths with only 10-30% going to exp then that means me changing it to 100% to exp I could make up for the death in no time at all.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Then I guess you're hooped.
  14. Angahran Augur

You cannot 'grind' for regular xp.
    That is the problem.
    Getting 0.001% real xp per kill is NOT fun!
    Not everyone has 8+ hours a day, 7 days a week to play.
    Braveheart likes this.
  15. Cloud the Third Augur

This expansion was not designed to grind. It is designed to level by doing quest... EverQuest. If you are trying to grind to 115 it is going to suck. It doesn't mean you can't do it but this expansion was not designed to grind.
  16. Angahran Augur

So basically this expansion was designed for those people with a ready made group and significant available play time.
    Casual players or those with real lives need not bother.
    Hitty and Gherig like this.
  17. Cloud the Third Augur

I have been mainly grouping with 1 person from my guild (and not always) + other random people. It is sad that this game has died over the years and you mainly get people with their private groups but that is the game we play now. I only reject people from grouping if I have been with them before and they do really stupid things.

Given I do have raid gear but most of the people I did stuff with outside the heros at level 113 and lower were done with people in group gear from TBL. Once you get to 114 you can do most heros pretty easy so if you are all group gear then maybe you will have to grind a little but here is the progression you should work on to level.

merc / partisan in EW, CC, Mines, GD -> EW Hero -> merc / partisan in tofs (tofs is not really a hard zone until you hit floor 6), kael, and velks -> GD Hero -> Kael Hero -> Velks Hero
  18. Kinadorm Augur

The problem is the big exp gains are tied to achievements which only happen once. After those are done then the only way to gain exp is to grind. It would have been nice if the exp was more evenly split between the task completion themselves and the achievements so you could repeat the tasks for part of the exp reward.

With such large levels a death costs substantially more exp than before and it takes a lot more effort to regain that lost exp. Maybe they need to give priests 99% rezes now or refactor the exp lost on death for levels 111+.
    Durnkenfists likes this.
  19. Riou EQResource

There is a quest you can repeat that takes about 5 minutes of work, solo, with a 30 minute lockout that gives you 1.2% regular or 25ish AA at level 115, where all you have to do is kill a single EW mob as part of its difficulty

Just spam that quest every 30 minutes for the easiest risk vs reward in the entire expansion
  20. Earthy New Member

That is about as riveting as the grind and only one person in a zone can do it at a time. A few people were doing it when I completed it and that was a mess. Just fix the xp.