velious infused pelt

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Barbwarrior, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Barbwarrior Augur

shouldnt more mobs be dropping this like kobolds in velks and kodiak in gd
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, smash and Yinla like this.
  2. Fian Augur

I agree that would be helpful. I have heard or seen wolves and mammoth in EW drop it, wolves in Kael, and drakes in top floor of TOFS
  3. Nniki Augur

I haven't paid much attention to what's actually been dropping what, but kobolds and kodiaks would make sense to me.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Barbwarrior Augur

kobolds in velks dropping ore
  5. Barbwarrior Augur

any mob that dropped pelts in old velious should be dropping velium infused pelts ? dosnt seem to be the case
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, svann and Yinla like this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Farmed for a few hours in Kael and EW and got 13 in about 200 kills of mammoths and wolves. It's definitely the tradeskill bottleneck. I never saw any on the wurms but i i on killed twenty or so of them.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

The one thing I wish would have carried over from RoS is to have the dropped tradeskill materials drop in clumps on appropriate named mobs. For example, Windchill (wolf) in EW could drop a handful of pelts.

Overall, it wasn't too hard to gather up enough materials to make the visible set for myself. I got way more than enough ore doing progression (and enough named for the rare bit to finish each piece), then I needed to spend about an extra two hours in CC to get enough silk and an extra 5 or so hours in EW getting enough pelts.
  8. Lianeb Augur

In beta the pelts dropped way more in Kael and GD.

The direwolfs in Kael should be dropping them more and the kodiaks in GD. I have not looked other places but the drops on live verse beta seem messed up.
  9. Kontra Augur

Just killed all afternoon/evening at Upper Dogs in Velks, and not 1 pelt. Needs to be addressed.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I've seen them drop in both EW and Kael.
    Have not killed enough to have a comment on rarity.
  11. OldCa61 Augur

12. Nylrem Augur

Cleared the wolf/mammoth belt in northern EW 3 times, 0 pelts.

Kept the wolf room clear in Kael for 2 hours, got 3 pelts.

Pretty low drop rate, considering all TS visibles need, not just leather wearers...
  13. Drewie Augur

Also saw them drop in the higher levels of the Tower of Frozen Shadow, updated the Zam entry accordingly.
  14. Fian Augur

Familiars on TOFS level 7 drop pelts.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Any idea on drop rates?
  16. Qbert Gallifreyan

I have killed about 35 drakes up on that floor and have not seen any pelts; in other words, it doesn't seem to be any better than anywhere else (to me, at least). I generally avoid those since they split into two mobs on death and with pathing it is not uncommon for me to already be tanking 2-3 when that split happens lol.
    Tucoh likes this.
  17. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

I don't get the logic here at all. Any animal mob in TOV should drop it especially kodiaks. Common sense man.
  18. FawnTemplar Augur

Pelts, logs, and silk all seems to drop at a lower rate than diamonds and a much much lower rate than meat slurries and slush
  19. Qbert Gallifreyan

Well, I might not expect it on kodiaks. They aren't undead/updated skin (they aren't, well, infused with velium as the other animals appear to be).
  20. Jadenpain Scholar

haven't tried kodiaks but have only gotten them off live mobs (wolfs that are birds per slayer) and mammoths. and i havnt seem them off drakes but bats i have