I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ROFL@mycorpse, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Angahran Augur

You honestly expect anyone to grind from 110 to 115 at 0.001% xp per kill?
  2. Laronk Augur

3. Allayna Augur

Exaggerating in multiple threads doesn’t make it true. It’s roughly 0.04% per kill. Math’s hard though...
    svann, Vumad, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  4. Micker Augur

Is .04% much better lol? That's pretty sad, if thats the actual exp that people are getting. Makes me not want to come back.
  5. Laronk Augur

0.04 is actually 40 times better than 0.001

6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The levels are just large.

You still get like 2-3 aa per kill at 115.
    Nennius and Yinla like this.
  7. Herf Augur

8. Vumad Cape Wearer

That's 12,000 kills in an expansion that wont be replaced for a year. Thats 30 kills per day. It's really just not anywhere near the problem people are complaining about. Stop whining. The content isn't designed be be completed in a month by people who play 3 hours a week. A number of the people on my server are already 115. I've accidentally made it halfway through 112. The game has to be balanced between people who play a lot and people who play a minimal amount. There is just so much to do other than whine about being about not being done. I camped named in Overthere last night just because that's what I felt like doing and I got my 30 kills without issue.
  9. Buri Augur

Much ado about nothing. I play 2-3 nights a week, for 2-3 hours at a time (not counting raids), I've been in this pattern for at least 10 years... and every single expansion, I've been completely capped in exp and AA's well before the next one comes out. I see no reason to think this one will be any different.
    Yinla, Laronk, yepmetoo and 1 other person like this.
  10. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

Your missing the point and in the wrong thread. This thread is about the great requiring level 115 to wear.

The gear should not require level 115.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Keeneyes Journeyman

It's hilarious how many people are missing the point. It's not that it's a giant problem or insurmountable, it's the fact that this is an unprecedented change that has never been in any of the recent xpacs and was neither announced, expected, or necessary.

I dare any of the purported proponents of this change to explain why this was required in the slightest. What benefit is there in disregarding absolutely everything that came before in regards to armor level requirements?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Tappin Augur

This assertion implies that the vast majority of groupers don't bother with progression.
  13. Laronk Augur

If you go by who has the Jann buff then the vast majority of groupers on FV outside the raid guilds didn't do all the missions in TBL (unfortunately there's several people in the raid guilds that are not vahallah who also didn't do it)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Mukkul like this.
  14. That0neguy Augur

If they never changed anything then you would have no group gear, raids would take an entire weekend, and you would have 30sec DT mechanics with tank and spank only encounters.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

ToV is already an order of magnitude easier than TBL. Experience acquisition / rewards are absolutely PERFECT.

Devs, you don't need to change a thing with XP in ToV. :)
  16. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

it just goes to show that no matter how easy they make it, the casuals will never be happy. they literally got rid of all progression requirements, opened every zone (I guess technically TOFS still has the keys, but you can zone in w/o anything else done so)… and tuned it so it's doable in last years gear by an average group..... not to mention how much they've watered down the difficulty of raiding..

and still "you people" are going to complain. it's disgusting.
  17. svann Augur

Even tofs you can be cothd or campfire, or just go with 1 person that is keyed.
  18. Tappin Augur

Excuse me, why should I spent 35 USD on an expansion I have no access to (tbl)? EQ has always been about killing stuff for experience and loot. Why do we need to change the formula now? Trying to force people to do progression is nonsense – they just going to quit if this is the approach the devs want to take.
    Graves likes this.
  19. Allayna Augur

EQ has always been about questing. Kills also give exp, quests often give xp, a reward of either an item or coin or both.

As to why should you pay $35, don’t. I think we’d all be happier without your nerf calls as you pay the minimum amount to complain about everything.
    GoneFission, Daedly and Benito like this.
  20. Tappin Augur

Can we take a trip in time? What quest gave more exp than mobs and the majority of players repeated for exp and what expansion was it?

Everquest has been about killing mobs for experience and loot since day 1 with a quest or two mixed in for gear.

What you are implying is complete hogwash. Achievements/Instances/Quest for exp has been added to modern EQ and the groupers don’t care for it.

What does it matter if groupers don't do achievements/progression?
    Graves and scaethach like this.