Incurable Dot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

Are incurable dots really that necessary? Really annoying when you get hit with something and have no choice but to sit there and die even if you have cure spells but no healing spells. Seems to be alot of them in ToV I have been hit with.
  2. Sobmre Augur

Daybreak tells you, Pwned
  3. Monkman Augur

Would you prefer flying drakes shooting fireballs at you from above?
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

Yes i would love that. When a drake is shooting fireballs at you it is avoidable by running away. Dots you die even if you gate to pok.

This dot is a DT even though i can normally cure other dots i get if the healer is afk or merc healer is down.
    Vumad likes this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

It would have been nice to have it cured by a clickie that was obtained in the past, such as Venenium or Immaculate Shield. That way you could cure it yourself instead of having to rely on someone else.

Then again, I would guess 99.99% of non healers have a healer merc in their back pocket, so it is more of a minor nuisance than anything...
  6. kizant Augur

I wish we had the DoTs and the drakes. :(
    Orbital101, Warpeace and Sancus like this.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You could bind in Skyfire in the center and have a campfire in ToV. When you get Restless Ice immediately Teleport Bind your group. Rinse and repeat.

Just trying to be helpful. Helping those that help themselves.

I do wish the dot was in 3 phases so that eventually it would wear off if not cured (i.e. Restless Cold converts at the end to Restless Cold II and then to Restless Cold III … and III has no refresh). But I will be honestly, 90 percent of the time I'm not even realizing it's on me.
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

Ya, except restless ice is curable. Some mobs have 2 different 150k+/tick actually uncurable dots (+mana dot component on some), so it gets a bit . . . annoying :p
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

Heck if you get hit by mistake on a pull the hit with all defensive aas still takes me down to 50% hp sometimes then if i don't make it back to the group or the healer is slow i am dead in 2 ticks!
  10. Riou EQResource

What are the dragons doing on Velious, why aren't there any flying scouts or something and Iceballing areas to pick off the new restless diseased mobs to not wander into dragon territory :p
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Two questions:
    1. Since I never use merc healers, do they do a good job of curing it?

2. Is there some sort of message associated with Restless Ice so that an audio trigger can be set up on a toon for when they get it? I normally just pay attention to the little red bars and when I see someone not in combat taking damage, I hit them with a cure as fast as possible, but I'd like to set up an AT on my other toons.
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

Mercs heal restless ice just fine, it has counters, it goes away no problem. There are a number of DoTs that have no counters, so no, they do not do fine curing them. Look for it in your song window.
  13. Nniki Augur

Restless Ice enters your veins.
  14. kizant Augur

I lose restless ice when zoning though.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

Thanks. :)
    Nniki likes this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, the ones on the song window are a pain since I can't just click on someone and see if they have a dot. I either have to react to their health dropping after a heal or rely on them to tell me.
    Szilent and Vumad like this.
  17. kizant Augur

Anything that makes boxing more difficult is a good thing imo.
  18. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

It doesn't make boxing difficult at all. It makes playing a solo class more difficult.

Boxing you can drop someone and pop another merc. You control the healing.
  19. TheStugots Augur

Care to explain your reasoning behind this? I’m honestly just curious. Seems like such an ignorant comment to make, but maybe you have a fair reason.

and like the above says, it doesn’t add any difficulty to boxing...
  20. kizant Augur

Boxers enjoy a challenge? It would seem silly to try and be 6 people on your own if you didn't.

When you solo you control everything.