TOV experience design will hurt raiding

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Vizier Augur

Agreed there is more time sink here than in previous expacs...but who cares? It's just more time in EQ before you have done everything and MAxxed out your AAs again. I'm fine with it.
    feeltheburn and Petalonyx like this.
  2. smash Augur

Depends on how long time b4 they max level. In TBL it took my friends 3 months. With this, I doubt under 6 months.
  3. p2aa Augur

Does it matter for them that they do it in 6 months instead of 3 months ?
    Vizier likes this.
  4. smash Augur

Of course, it matter, if this continue, maybe they not able to play in expansion because they actually did not get level to go there, and they dont get aa to play, if getting in level takes the time alone..

Why buy something you cannot get into ?

And above all, we none casuall are dependent on the casuals because they pay a big part of the thing that makes this run around. Those that you kind of seems to disdain.In case you dont, I appoligize.

But EQ expansions are shrinking, this time we got 7 zones(1 zone became 2), TBL we got 8. That is imo 2 zones less.

Why, because the resources to make expansion dimishes more after TBL, where casuals could not do much, because of the flagging ?

In TBL did some smart stuff, by giving more flags out per raid as time went,they however forgot to do same thing for group content, should have made so first 3 months, present requirement, after 3 months, only 1 smoke trial required to pass into normal smoke and other zones, keep the Meratas require full flag.

In ToV the partisans should be in instances, where there no repop, to become HA instead.
  5. Vizier Augur

Try harder, they must!
  6. Nylrem Augur

50-60 ToV mobs to get 1% xp @ level 115, and redoing tasks to help others giving 0 xp...

Ya, I'm predicting xp loss of deaths when learning raids is gonna hurt for a little while. I know many are not going to get sufficiently into 115 before swapping to AA xp.
  7. Bardy McFly Augur

Passive AA upon completing ToV progression that awards 50% XP increase to killing mobs in ToV zones. Doesn’t help the casuals, but keeps most of what DBG originally intending intact (if what they see now was their intent).

The other option is to award a small XP bonus for repeating tasks, again only once progression is complete. (5%?)

(I’m a fan of questing for leveling and agree with the camp that casuals by nature shouldn’t be concerned about hitting cap quickly if they choose not to do progression)
  8. Petalonyx Augur

I much prefer this new exp model, because i like killing mobs with friends while making progress. Exp was way too fast before (standard server, no vet rewards).

They went pretty far, but I think it is a positive change.

People were still 115 after 1 or 2 days of ToV. People are still figuring out where the best exp is.
  9. Nylrem Augur

Best xp is doing progression, which is a 1 time thing for xp… regaining lost xp is going to be much tougher.
  10. Ashian Augur

Progression takes you all the way to 115 (you left our collectibles, which add about 60-75% of a level). That’s level 115 with a 50% experience buffer for a week or two of effort.

If you’re in a raiding guild that is going to be doing ToV raids when they launch, you should not struggle to find people to do progression with...
  11. Verily Tjark Augur

Obligatory troll post:

GIT GUD.

Problem solved.
  12. Lynnes New Member

Yeah screw you casual players you don't need all your rank one spells before 6+ months in.

Well they got less then a month to fix it or i'ma take my two sub fee's and go find some thing else to play I have seem more then a few casual players say the same thing. I few more casuals quit and day break wont be able to pay that one derv that got working on new content......
  13. Trogdoor New Member

I have bee Playing and Paying for Everquest since it started. Paying for my account and sometimes up to 3 other acc so family could play also. WE have never been big raiders . I work and so do all of them. So we can only play when time permits. I have spent a lot of money with this company since it started, and I don't like feeling like I am being punished for not being able to raid and do progressions. I am paying for content I have never even got to see much less play there. If this continues you will lose a lot 0f business because I am sure at least half you income comes from players like me.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What chase items? They appear to be not dropping again this expansion.
  15. Sancus Augur

I've personally had two drop, and seen a handful more linked.
    German likes this.
  16. Triconix Augur

You referring the the items equal to TBL raid gear? I've seen a few linked.
    German likes this.
  17. Bamboompow Augur

Maybe they will release a special zone later in the expac cycle with good easy exp, nice loot drops etc.
    It will seem too good to be true, and then once all the top dogs have had their fill of it, kited out alts and maxxed AA's...that zone will be mysteriously nerfed.

Where has that happened before?
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

They already released zones with easy exp, nice loot drops.

Try turning AA on in these zones, look at it, and then stop whining. The levels take a lot of experience. There is nothing wrong with the experience from the mobs in ToV.
    German and Duder like this.
  19. Bamboompow Augur

I was being factious.
    Historically, EXP has never exactly been difficult to get in this game.

This post however seemed to focus on RAIDERS not being easily (note the emphasis) able to regain lost exp after RAIDING or repurchasing glyphs. The GMM reference was mentioned because even RAIDERS liked GMM for regaining that lost exp/glyphs. Burn a lesson. All is well. Now if the raids are as easy as everyone seems to imply, than maybe no one will need glyphs or even die. This could very well be moot.

Carry on, soldier.
  20. Zaknaffein Augur

I agree 100% with this sentiment. I could elaborate in more details and explain the reasoning but that's usually pointless on these forums. I just felt strongly enough about it to just make this post.
    Cailen likes this.