Bard the Pointless Class

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Cloud the Third, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you are not getting proper synergistic Melee or Magic user groups for you to boost, then your raidleaders need to do more homework, not maximising DPS by creating groups built to capitalise on melee & magic as separate group builds is hugely inefficient & will definitely hurt your ability as a force to take down bosses.

There will often be 1 group that isn't quite as good as a raidleader would like, which is hard to avoid due to available classes but more than that and your whole guild needs to reevaluate its raider class composition & make some hard choices on where they need to make or encourage changes.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  2. ptah Augur

while i agree with skuz post, i believe that difference in middle guilds and top 1%.. the middle guild skip ideal setting and go with better players form the roster over ideal classes.

As the top 1%.. are getting the best players and min max what classes are in that roster as needed.

As each roster is situational to their own pov. i think we agree dps is king but other roles are important as well.. and adjustments are made to that roster you have.

IE most agree that zerker is better dps than a ranger.. but a ranger is more common.. or there are always class vs class who does what better and often times change.

them adjustent is what i love and hate about the game.. and learn to live with it.. as i yell and stomp my feet over holy godly 3 for 20 years.
  3. Nightops Augur

Wait... what? so bards had their dot damage increased?

When are they going to fix necro dots?
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Elyssanda like this.
  4. Bamboompow Augur

Sorry. Saw the title of this thread and got confused. Is it a typo?
  5. Warpeace Augur

Soon, like account to account transfers soon.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Romance Augur

Where is crowbeard when you need him?
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I would like to see an increase in bard mezz duration (to 48+ seconds). It's kinda tough to crowd control as a bard.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Israfel Elder

While I think your post is more joke than serious commentary, I do want to point out that increasing the DOT damage on the 4 new songs is not equivalent to fixing necro DoTs.

Moreover, I’d be surprised if the increase wasn’t made by mistake. While far from game breaking, it seems like an uncommonly large damage jump. If not, I’ll certainly be pleased because any boost helps our poor solo damage potential.
  9. Israfel Elder

Depending on group makeup and skill, this was true even with the weaker DoTs after getting the DoT focus AAs. Some songs are actually quite easy to calculate expected ADPS and those numbers would surprise many players.

While I don’t agree that bards are useless for many of the same reasons that are given through this thread, it is undeniably true that many of our songs have suffered from power creep and do not deliver the type of group boost that many players expect or assume. Because of their multiplicative rather than additive nature, most of the ADPS generated by the bard comes from AA abilities and our epic, not songs.

Generally speaking, we need an open minded dev to look into song consolidation, buffing, and retooling. I’ll be updating the bard manifesto as soon as it becomes more clear the state we are in this expansion (but I’m happy to note that we continue to get changes that I have outlined in the post!).
  10. Nniki Augur

This was the statement made during beta (2019-10-24):
    Israfel, svann and code-zero like this.
  11. Israfel Elder

Thats good to know. I wonder if it is a sign that they are interested in upgrading some of our lackluster ADPS songs, some of which are completely outclassed by the damage these DOTs will generate in many situations.
  12. Cicelee Augur

I wonder if it means they are trying to get away from ADPS and focus more on the individual player talents and skills and abilities...

Or they just realized that no bard was casting DOT songs so now they are viable...
  13. Tucoh Augur

I think they've been trying to slowly boost DoT songs every expansion and bards still aren't using them in groups.

I think they still won't in ToV, until they're OOM.
  14. RangerGuy Augur

A horrible group geared bard with auto attack and the 4 111 dots with AA is 200k afk dps all day long. Dropping the iffy adps buffs for dots is the way to go in most settings. Aura, Aria, War March, dots and insults for synergy.
    Szilent likes this.
  15. Razorfall Augur

For some reason in RoS I saw a few bards with the Echo of Anger face. So who knows lol
  16. Szilent Augur

Best stats, and can manage high agro with Fade. It's harder to get agro when it's wanted than it is to lose it when it's unwanted, so the focus is nice to have.
    Funky and Nniki like this.
  17. Funky Augur

Facts, especially with the longer reuse of bard taunt now.
  18. svann Augur

Remember if you want to tank you can disable combat subtlety. Thats not to steal agro from a real tank, but if you dont have a real tank its helpful so wizards dont die as often.
  19. Allayna Augur

MS guild chat on the daily...

Allayna tells the guild: “Recruit more BARDS!!!”

I am sorry that you don’t quite understand just how powerful or sought after a bard is in both the group and raid game. But to be fair TLP has gotten the “fun” aspects of barding neutered.

The “playability” of a bard is lackluster, but the benefit of having a bard is irreplaceable.
    Funky, Lannin and code-zero like this.
  20. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Honestly, I wouldn't even say that. I love playing my bard, probably more than any other class I've played. I don't think any other class has anywhere near the same variety in their toolkit. There is just so much you can do with the class. It's especially fun to find new and exciting ways to kill your group :cool:
    code-zero likes this.