next march tlp please a boxingserver and a true box server.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgia, Dec 22, 2019.

1. nostalgia Lorekeeper

Hi so lots of people prefer a server with no boxers and lots want a boxing server,so make one of each some will still complain,lockout time 2 or 3 months,make all gear epic stuff etc that a character has to be in the group or raid to get to loot the item and the person turning in the item has to loot it,just do it for the original game and the first expansion that will cut down hugely on botting since there will be no kronos in it for the botting armies,now when a new tlp goes live there are plenty of people playing and sometimes you have to wait around to login in.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Just make it macaroni enabled and disable petitions to avoid any false pretenses.
  3. Aegir Augur

No matter which ruleset.

Next Classic era start TLP, will be a perfect storm of toxicity, bots and hacks!
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Personally I think there has been a big enough clamour for a non-truebox server for there to be one, eventually.

I would actually like to see a bit of a slowdown in TLP launches as I think there is a risk of just rotating through the same audience + a few coming back for each but overall steadily losing players again due to diminishing returns &/or burning out the players who do rotate/recycle themselves through each TLP launch.

Coming up with "interesting enough" rulesets to get the attention a TLP needs to get off the ground, i.e try something a little more radical that unfortunately will require some proper thinking, planning & development time to create them is I think where DayBreak need to invest to keep the TLP ball going.

Ultimately it's all about survival, the TLP idea is a big part of that but killing the golden goose is easy enough to do if they don't take good care of it, minimal effort put into TLP is not going to continue to provide good returns at this point.
  5. Rotlust Augur

I actually agree that the next time they release a TLP that there should be one of each.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The boxing enabled server will be DoA. Nobody actually wants to play on a server that allow boxing in Classic-Pop despite what some people on the boards say or think they want.

The boxing disabled server will still have the majority of the toxic boxers, because most of the toxic ones do it for money and the money will be on that TLP.
    asdasd1212 likes this.
  7. Hateseeker Augur

there should be an non-truebox server, but isn't Daybreak likely to say it should not have AOC? which will make it unplayable for many that want to play it.
  8. Machen New Member

Considering they can box just fine on truebox, the software restricitons are not being forced, and that's where the krono will be, I think the toxic boxers are more likely to choose the truebox server if one of each is released at the same time. Clearly they have no regard for playing by the rules, so why would they choose a server based on what they are allowed to do?
  9. wildone Elder

according to daybreak the everquest population his increasing,new tlp bring old players back,nothing beats the rush to lvl 50,selos biggest mistake was starting at lvl 60 there was to much to do get to lvl 60 and then flag for ssra etc,make all original eq gear no drop and you must be in the group or raid that kills the epic drop mob ,so no ,the botters will still be active but they will have to be at their pc to group people wanting an item for epic or whatever so less bot armies.
  10. Machen New Member

This was not selo's mistake, it was one of the best decisions ever made for selos.

Selos biggest mistakes were too low an aa rate, and not enough of an increase in loot modifier. When you have 1/3 of the time, but only a 50% or so bonus to xp instead of 3x xp, and a 50% reduction in spawn times instead of 3x the loot and flags, you are creating a recipe for burnout. Selos would have worked far better if they had gone with increased loot drops rather than reduced lockouts, but of course that's more coding work, so they didn't.

If DBG wanted Selos to succeed they should have followed the original format I laid out three years ago for a fast expansion touring server.
    Ulain likes this.
  11. That0neguy Augur

What about if you had 1/2 the time but 2x the loot?

Like what selo's is for 90% of the xpacs.
  12. Machen New Member

But it isn't twice the loot. It is half the lockout. There's a huge difference.
    Aegir likes this.
  13. taliefer Augur

next march, please dont do any server. Give the treadmill a rest.

probably 0 chance of them not doing a server, but cant hurt to try
    asdasd1212 and Skuz like this.
  14. Hateseeker Augur

They still should change it to double or triple loots. Selo is only going to get worse now, there were 4 straight expansions at 70 but from here on out level and massive gear treadmill updates get even faster. 80 in Feb, 85 in March, 90 in May. Triple the loot!
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's not really about the loot. It's the fact if you wanna do anything in EQ besides raid it becomes really hard to find time to do it.
  16. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Ragefire wasn't DoA, in fact they had to split the server population to accommodate all the people that played. It was the server that made it painfully obvious they needed AoC's. This whole thing that toxic boxers aren't going to go to any tlp ruleset server to make krono makes zero sense. They're going to play on whatever new server to make their money regardless, even if it's two servers. I saw some of the same farmers on both mangler and selos when it was released.

It sounds like you're more worried that competition for OW raid targets/group camps will be more intense if people are allowed to box more freely, which is a valid concern. Personally as long as they have AoC's and maybe tweak /pick thresholds I don't care.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Macaroni isn't the only game in town anymore, which is probably why the botting is more prevalent these days on tlps. Macaroni at least took some tweaking, the new stuff im seeing is easy enough most people that have trouble turning on a computer can do it now.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

This is a great point. Raiding is fun but selo has shown that it burns people out pretty well. And the deeper you get into eq the less competitive interguild stuff is. So really casuals get left in the dust (just move to a newer tlp) and hardcore raiders have nothing really to bat phone.

Late eq is really meant to be boxed and it's nuts they didn't experiment with miragul.
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

RF was DoA. If it had picks they never would've split the server. It was pretty dead even in classic, see turns out when you don't have picks and you have AFK bots and people boxing 24 toons it doesn't actually take that many people to make a server "full." It terms of actual people playing the game RF/LJ had about as much people combined as Selo.

Not worried about "competition" worried about playing on a dead server. Anything that's gonna drive a lot of people away is a big negative in my opinion.
  20. Aegir Augur

Ragefire did get Pickzones and it helped a lot.

However, the long expansion unlocks really made it a no brainer to move from Ragefire to Phinigel.

When Phinigel launched, you also had the option to basically just schedule your raid-days instead of batphoning on hours on end.

The Batphone thing was fun for a month or two, then it got old and draining for like 90% of the people I knew. I know there are a good bunch of very good hardcore players here that loves that aspect and could probably have kept on going with that way of raiding. But the majority of the TLP population would eventually burn out very quick.

Now that everyone who basically cares for TLP raiding have played with AoC's.... I really doubt they would have any interest starting on a classic start server without AoC's like we did on Ragefire. Truebox or not.
    Skuz likes this.