ToV Type 5 Aug Cost

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rylak, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Rylak Elder

So the decision to escalate the amount of missions needed to buy a Type 5 stat augmentation in ToV is not making much sense to me. Looking back historically:

Previous expansions # of missions need to buy an aug:
    EoK: Augment cost: 500 coin; Number of missions to buy: 5-6 missions (80-100 coin per mission)

RoS: Augment cost: 500 coin; Number of missions to buy: 4 missions (125 coin per mission)

TBL: Augment cost: 500 coin; Number of missions to buy: 5-6 missions (96 coin per mission)

ToV: Augment cost: 500 coin; Number of missions to buy: ~22 missions (~23 coin per mission)

This represents an approximate 4x increase in the number of missions needed due to the coin reductions in place this expansion. I understand the augments are a nice upgrade, but we've seen these same levels of heroic increases before.

This will take a significant amount of time to acquire the coin needed to get these in relation to previous expansions. I get that you want to extend the playability of the expansion, but this seems extremely out of alignment. Can we get a re-consideration on the mission coin amount rewards for ToV?

Thanks for the consideration.
    Cuuthbert, Skuz, smash and 8 others like this.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

I agree. I think maybe this was done to slow down our progression on these since we got them done so fast in TBL and the quality of the XP in the ToV missions.

I wish they would change it as you have suggested though, sticking with the previous formula, but add in more things for us to buy, like power sources, stat food and other expendables, like maybe portals and such to keep the draw to the expansion currency.
  3. Tucoh Augur

IMO: Just delete the purchasable Type 5 augs from ToV and stop selling type 5 augs that replace droppable augs from previous expansion. Add a merchant that sells T1 gear and powersources/stat food or whatever for the currency.
    woeofsorrow and Vumad like this.
  4. Derka Power Ranger

Gives you hardcore raiders something to do after you finish prog this weekend. You have a whole month
  5. Maedhros High King

I think something like 12 missions per aug would be very reasonable. 20+ missions is a bit silly.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I think they forgot a zero tbh
  7. Ashian Augur

This was already increased once to the current levels . It is better but still excessive.

If another change is going to be made, please decrease the cost of the augs rather than increase the reward. That will not devalue the missions done during the first week or two.
  8. ptah Augur

working as intended.. pushing more subs.. timestink into profit mode.. no issues here im year out suber full 12 step grad
  9. Petalonyx Augur

I think it is fine.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

700 missions divided by 4 possible missions = there's better games out there to play, quite frankly.
    Mintalie, Skuz, Moege and 9 others like this.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'll reconsider it, but it may not make the January patch.
  12. enclee Augur

Based off Jhenna’s numbers that’s almost 2 missions every day for a full year. I know you want to keep people busy, but thanks for the reconsideration.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Riou EQResource

its like 380ish missions if you want bag 350ish without bag
  14. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Definitely needs to be reconsidered. It’s quite ridiculous right now. Those missions aren’t all 5 minute pushovers like FF was.

Thanks much.
  15. Ashian Augur

Please give us some advance notice when you decide what the change will be, if any. I’d hate to invest a ton of time building up currency over the next month or two and then have the rate increased. Similarly, if you’re going to reduce the cost of augs, I’ll keep running the missions but wait until the cost reduction to actually make the purchase.
  16. Riou EQResource

Well if you wait until then you're gonna miss out on getting like half the augs by time the January patch even happens and what else are you gonna do in ToV :p
  17. Sabrefist- Journeyman

I sort of like it. I want it to be difficult to get maxed out, not get maxed out in 2 weeks and sit around for a year. Would definitely be better if there were other ways to earn coins...named drops or something.
  18. Axxius Augur

Not looking forward to grinding 700 missions for sure. Lack of content is a problem. But grinding the same 4 missions every day for 4 months? No. Just no.
    Zildjiin, Skuz and Moege like this.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yep.
  20. Zarzac Augur

Thanks,

The issue is compounded by the fact there are limited missions to do to earn coin compared to previous years in addition to the math from the original post.
    Skuz and -----Cinexa----- like this.