Devs have literally destroyed paladins and no one is saying a word

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Tutankamen Augur

Paladins have had slay undead nerfed into the ground. I haven't seen anyone else saying anything about this. Am I missing a megathread? Paladins are basically clerics with slightly better aggro and slightly better combat now. Their claim to fame since day one of EQ has been essentially removed in all but name. I'd really like to know - is there just not very many paladins that care?

Changing an entire class because you put a lot of undead in your latest expansion doesn't make sense to me. You didn't do it with TBM why should you do this now? The thing that made paladins special- a holy warrior , the ultimate weapon against undead , is meaningless now. That's like making a race event in a raid and removing bard speed because of it.
  2. Monkman Augur

We've seen you post several times about this. Where is your data to back-up your claim? Parses?

Nothing will get done without proof, I personally haven't heard from any pally in my guild (and we have a lot) about anything resembling your claim.
    Miss_Jackie, Skuz and Duder like this.
  3. Maedhros High King

I mean not to toot my own horn but paladins are pretty fantastic right now or maybe it's just me.
  4. Sancus Augur

You'd get a lot more traction if you provided parses to substantiate your claims. The data on Slay Undead looks fine to me. It's possible something is bugged, but that'll get identified more quickly if you provide data.
    Skuz and Duder like this.
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I will admit, I think my agro blows ... maybe its a me thing.

But as a paladin in ToV, its flipping badass! And DPS is fine.
    Allayna and Skuz like this.
  6. Angahran Augur

Aren't Paladins the only class to actually get something new this expansion ? ... asking for a friend.
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

No...

There is another undead slaying class that became powerful this year. Once they realize it.
  8. Laronk Augur

I'm loving this expansion on my paladin
  9. AppleSplatter Journeyman

We got a whole expansion filled with undead and one paladin complains about it?
    Zandez, Nennius and Skuz like this.
  10. Shoryuureppa Journeyman

yea expansion filled with undead, but slay undead as all we are good for, SKs and warriors make much better tanks, if anything we are now cleric lite, only good for gap heals and slay undead, anything else well, better invite the SK/WAR as tanks while paladins could replace your berserker, better yet, keep the berserker since the slay undead procs have been stealth nerfed

im thinking about retiring my paladin and just make either a SK or mage
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Spill the beans, what are you talking about?
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

OP - I can't tell if you are serious or being a straight-up troll.

I sincerely hope you are being the latter & this is just a little joke you wrote to see what kind of interesting responses you got.

If you were actually serious then I am ........
  13. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Tell your friend he's being dumb.

Dzarn took an ability that Paladins already had and changed the target limit from 1 to 8 and added the AE component to it so it worked on multiple targets. Then he spent a little bit of time with one of the coders to try and improve how that ability and similar abilities for other classes worked.

For the OP, I thought (maybe it was just a dream I had) Dzarn also went back and looked at Slay Undead proc rates specifically. He found when the percentage chance was lowered. There were no notes from that time regarding the changes, so he then changed the values back to the original numbers.
  14. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

I have a mage to go with my Paladin. I honestly find it boring to play compared to the Paladin because it feels like there's less to constantly do. It's considerably more powerful, but less fun for me overall to play.

I'd honestly go with the SK before a mage if you're looking for the same sort of feel / role as a Paladin.
  15. Koldanar Elder

I really don't think you know what you are talking about.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Maedhros High King

Yes definitely go play the sk, because you don't know what the heck you're talking about here.
  17. FawnTemplar Augur

Not really sure what OP is talking about, My progression group used a pally tank with absolutely no problem and he is sustaining like 180k dps while tanking (so no 2h).
    Skuz likes this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Paladins are in GREAT shape right now. Even the grumpiest Paladin in my guild is happy. That's a first in the last 10 years.
    Skuz and Allayna like this.
  19. Cadira Augur

20. Laronk Augur

WTF are you going on about, we tank just fine?
    Duder and Skuz like this.