So let me make sure I got this all straight

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Tappin Augur

Must be your server or time played. There were 5 picks on mine.
  2. YellowBelly Augur

Don't engage with Xianzu. He will stop at absolutely nothing to get the last word even if he's 100% wrong.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  3. Gribble New Member

GMM was doable for us level 110's on Tuesday. Now it's way harder. Rewards aren't worth it anymore.

This has nothing to do with XP, or XP at level 111. This has nothing to do with the summer patch.

Prior to Tues. we were moving along just fine in GMM - Now we're not. Some people will quit. Some people will just struggle through it. I will be going to ST to see if it's any better.

It's just f-ed up that a zone that had nothing to do with a new expansion got f-ed.
  4. feeltheburn Augur

OH HOW CUTE SOMEONE WHINING AGAIN IT'S TOO HARD
  5. Gribble New Member

Well not all of us are unemployed neckbeards who use piss jugs. How's that level racing going?
  6. sandof New Member

personally,i would consider myself a hardcore player. I don't believe that the content is hard nor do i believe that gmm missons should have been retuned. i believe that there need to be a more viable way to get xp.During my run to 115 it took me 1 hr and 30 mins to achieve the last 5% just killing mobs in meratas. thinking about it i don't believe that it is worth playing my main in groups i used to do once i did my normal powerthrough the xpac. the chance of death with no way to get the xp in a decent amount of time w/o the achivements.
    Redemption likes this.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Have any of you complaining about the mission difficulty thought of bringing an enchanter?

I mean, lets get real about GMM. The fact that conflagrant geared tanks with modest AA count were tanking 5 mobs with just a slow belt is ridiculous and you know it.

The fact that it could be done before is the only thing ever wrong with GMM.
  8. Bamboompow Augur

Last year I found leveling up in CotF HAs to be fun. Especially Neriak ones. Guessing they are STILL fun.
  9. Gribble New Member

You got it way wrong. They fixed the warrior tanking 5 mobs at a time with a patch some time ago. They corrected it so that you cant tank a bunch of mobs anymore to complete the mission.

The people who are complaining now are pissed because they have been doing the missions the way devs intended since the patch only to be slapped in the face with an additional patch that made the mission even harder.
    eepok and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Then those people are crying over nothing.

Gmm mobs are literally CC'ed by ..

1. Mezzing..
    2. Roots .. (aa or spells)
    3. Knockback / roots ..

GMM mobs are literally THEE MOST CC'ABLE .. mobs in the entire game .. If player's are unable to understand how to utilize CC capabilities of nearly every class. .

Its not a "This content is too tuff" concept..

It IS a .. "Git Guud" concept ..
  11. GoneFission Augur

I never did the Darkness Howls version 1 loot piñata. I did the v2 several times starting just before the ToV release. The current version, I’m not sure if it’s from the ToV release or the patch that follows, but it’s different. Not necessarily harder. I box the missions with a chanter, and take my time with one and two pulls. It’s true, mezz, memblur all work well. My groups are all still 110.

What’s odd about the mission isn’t the additional HP on the mobs, it seems to be an element of randomness to the encounters. Last night I got to the third set, getting the storeroom mobs. I got careless and let a mezz fade maybe 4 or 5 seconds before the current mob was dead. Shouldn’t have been an issue, but in those seconds, the mob killed two cleric mercs, a chanter pet, a heavily armored mage water pet, a dps caster merc, a bard, and a chanter. The mage gated out below 20% health. I only got the gate off because the mob took a moment to one-round a summoned reckless servant on the way in.

Since the new xpack and the patch, people have been posting that every so often, they get a random monster that eats the group. No warning, no different con, just a beast that wipes the group. It’s happening in HAs from other expansions, it’s happening in ToV zones. I’d like to know if it’s intentional or not. Maybe the devs added a ‘bad luck’ factor into the game.
    eepok likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ignore Whulfgar btw. He is the grumpy old man of Everquest waving his cane and shouting "Get off my lawn you dirty casuals!" :)
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Especially considering as I've stated (an can be verified in game) . That GMM mobs are suseptable to every single form of CC there is available in game..

Which mean's literally every single class except warriors can either root or snare or mez in some type of fashion..

Which begs the question..

Why can't casuals all of a sudden not CC .. the most CC'able mobs in game outta the blue ?

Is it cause they are now magically not able to be rooted ? (nope I just ran it they are rootable still)

Is it cause they are now magically not able to be punted ? (nope that worked too ..)

Perhaps then its because they are not able to be mezzed now ? (weird I was mezzing an it worked just fine too)

so if its not a rooting , punting , mezzing issue .. what .. else .. hrrmmm.. could it possibly be ..

My last resort is.. Git guud ..
    code-zero and Elyssanda like this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Way of the road, bud.

15. Marton Augur

I would like to get good. Please advise.

[Mon Dec 23 01:00:18 2019] Your target is immune to snare spells.
    [Mon Dec 23 01:03:49 2019] Your target is immune to snare spells.
    [Mon Dec 23 01:09:46 2019] Your target is immune to snare spells.
    [Mon Dec 23 01:12:51 2019] Your target is immune to snare spells.
    [Mon Dec 23 01:12:55 2019] Your target is immune to snare spells.
    [Mon Dec 23 01:16:02 2019] Your target is immune to snare spells.
    [Mon Dec 23 01:20:35 2019] Your target is immune to snare spells.
    [Mon Dec 23 01:29:05 2019] Your target is immune to snare spells.
    [Mon Dec 23 01:30:54 2019] Your target is immune to snare spells.
    [Mon Dec 23 01:36:24 2019] Your target is immune to snare spells.
    [Mon Dec 23 16:05:53 2019] Your target is immune to root spells.
    [Mon Dec 23 16:05:57 2019] Your target is immune to snare spells.
    [Mon Dec 23 16:08:52 2019] Your target is immune to root spells.
    (from GMM HA)
  16. Gribble New Member

Yeah, i've heard that from quite a few people. He seems to be lacking in the reading comprehension department as well.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That cane HAS TO get heavy eventually doesn't it? :)
  18. Whulfgar Augur

Git guud.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

Hi new member!

Welcome to Everquest new guy!
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hey I wasn't even on your lawn just now.
    Whulfgar likes this.