Outrider's Accuracy changes

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Zipe, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    I don't main a ranger but it's my second most played class and I consider it my first alt.
    It took me a lot of time to figure combinations across other adps skills and bard adps to properly time Outrider's Attack and Outrider's Accuracy, mostly because of the stuff I learnt from reading this forums and the output thrown from skilled rangers.

The change to Outrider's Accuracy disorients me because it looks like a total nerf... merging both skills doesn't negate its utility since now, Outrider's Accuracy, have more potential affect stacking issues?
    Now the damage bonus from using Outrider's and Guardian of the forest at same time is lost, if you want to benefit from stacking Guardian of the Forest and Outrider's Attack affects.
    What do you think? How will you use it and combine with other adps skills? Do you think it's a nerf or a buff? Or maybe I am overreacting...?
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's not just you, it's a nerf. I hoped the change wouldn't go through as it the abilities were merged so late in beta. I hope the same for the proposed Bulwark of the Brownies change as that has not yet been implemented.
  3. JeffHanson Augur

It's certainly a nerf. However (if I'm reading raidloot correctly) stacking GOTF with the new Outrider's Accuracy still yields the same benefits as stacking GOTF with the old Outrider's Attack.

What we are losing is the ability to stack GOTF and the old Outrider's Attack, and then use the old Outrider's Accuracy when GOTF and GGOTF are down.

Does this seem correct? I'm not totally sure because they moved some effect slots around.
  4. Derka Power Ranger

It's definitely a nerf and mostly to sustained. During burns you always run a crit chance modifier like auspice or cop4 so the only real benefit from outrider's attack was the extra attack and hit%.

Yeah you just lose the ability to run a 3rd option for hit damage mod %. Sometimes it was necessary to stack ggotf and out accuracy for the benefit of max haste and a higher hit dmg mod but that was situational.
  5. Szilent Augur

Alternately, you simply remove the Attack line from your Guardian linup, and run it separately like in congress with the intermediate epic cycle. Guardian (& whatever else) with the first set of epics (including Falcon, on raids), NewAccuracy with the next set of epics at 3 minutes. Retaining more than a minute of the good hit mod feels like a bigger deal than giving up some Atk during the hottest bit of the burn
  6. Fintank Augur

The change to Outrider's Attack/Accuracy was overall pretty meh, not a big deal in any sense as I thought it might be.

We lose a smidge of DPS on the initial burst of the burn but we gain a little bit in sustained. We essentially just end up being in the same spot we were at before the changes with a slightly different button order.
  7. Greymantle Augur

What frosted me more was they did not refund even a partial amount of AA's for what was spend prior.
  8. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

I also play a Ranger as my second toon. I do box him with my main from time to time, but I do not consider myself a true box player as I alt tab and have no binds.

*Of note: I am coming from the group game perspective on my observation.*

I am NOT a fan of merging abilities like this when they are short duration player boosts. It was already mentioned above, this hurts sustained DPS which is a much larger impact to high level group play. My EQ gaming sessions are usually several hours at a time and are either A) grinding AAs or leveling B) working through new prog or C) blasting thru older content. During the A and C types of play this hurts as it diminishes my ability to keep rolling. It also has the potential to bring me to a screeching halt in the event of a random named encounter. With multiple burn options I have more choices for what I call "Mini-burns". Ie. CoP4 - BP - OAccuracy...

The spire consolidation was an example of a good merge as they all shared a timer and many of these were becoming out-dated (See ENC 1st and 2nd spires;)).

Anyways thats my 2 coppers. I just want there to be consideration for both sides of the game; raiding and grouping.

-Saerza, Enchantress of FV
    --Treasonn, Ranger of FV
    I need to create a signature line!
  9. Fintank Augur

If you read my post you would've seen how it's not a nerf to sustained DPS. It's actually a buff to sustained DPS. The only negative change is that now you lose a little bit of hit damage % (10% if max ranks) by forcing Accuracy instead of doing the old Guardian/Attack combo. Outside of that they shaved 1 minute off the CD for Attack, which is a buff to sustained DPS.
  10. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

Ah this is why I never put too much stock in my opinions and keep a lot of ketchup on me in case I end up with my foot in my mouth again! Lol

I actually thought this would be a drop in sustained deeps, but you are correct and I do appreciate you pointing it out in a polite and informational manner. Thanks for the advice, input Fintank!

-Saerza, Enchantress of FV
    Oi I need a better signature line!
  11. Derka Power Ranger

I see how you are looking at it. I think initially I was viewing it as to achieve the same +attack results during a full out heavy burn you would have to click on the new Out Accuracy with GOTF which will now be on cooldown if you needed to use it afterwards (losing the option of a 3red hit damage modifier and hurting sustained)
    Saer-tse-tao likes this.