Regeneration suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darchon_Xegony, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

In ToV the damage shield line of spells was updated for level 111-115 spells so that these spells make more sense to see use against current mobs.

Icebriar Bulwark/Legacy of Icebriar (112/115)

1: Increase Damage Shield by 4959

Daggerspike Bulwark/Legacy of Daggerspike (107/110)

1: Increase Damage Shield by 643

That is a 670% increase, which was necessary to make these spells moderately useful against current content. I'd argue its worth scaling up most of the values more across the various levels of the spells but that's not the point here. They saw an issue with a neglected line of spells and adjusted the most recent ranks accordingly.

While they did this I think they forgot about the regeneration line of spells which also have been lacking for a decade or so.

Spirit/Talisman of the Enduring (111/114)

1: Increase Current HP by 1202 per tick

Spirit/Talisman of the Unwavering Rk. III (106/109)

1: Increase Current HP by 899 per tick

The is a 34% increase. The final value of 1202 HP/tick is negligible with modern hitpoint pools.

I think there are two ways to update the regeneration line of buffs to make them viable options for a valuable buff slot on your bar.

You could increase the value of the regeneration amount. It would need to be around 10,000 per tick to be somewhat useful in modern content and even then, the game is so fast paced that you usually cannot allow regeneration to tick you up to full like you could in the beginning of the games life. You are constantly having to top off everyone's health in your group so that they can live through the next round of AE damage.

Instead what I would suggest is modifying the regeneration line to be not just regeneration but also a melee and spell rune. I would think of it as you are instantaneously regenerating a certain amount per hit, but effectively it would be a flat 100% absorb up to a max value for every spell, dot or melee hit. For example:

Spirit/Talisman of the Enduring (111/114)

1: Increase Current HP by 1202 per tick
    5: Absorb DoT Damage: 100%, Max Per Hit 1202
    7: Absorb Spell Damage: 100%, Max Per Hit 1202
    12: Absorb Melee Damage: 100%, Max Per Hit 1202

Something like this so that regeneration spells have some value again, just like you made some updates to damage shields to bring them back into peoples buff bars.
  2. Tucoh Augur

I agree with increasing the regen amounts, but in my opinion the first thing to do with regen is to make it tick every second or every two seconds instead of once every six seconds (and reduce the values accordingly) and to remove the stacking conflicts.

I also think regen should be removed as a secondary effect on so many spells and should instead be a conscious decision that players make.
  3. smash Augur

But that will just increase lag, causing it to do it every 1 sec or every 2 sec, I guess it was why they made it every 6 sec originally. Just like dots.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

They need to change the stacking issue with Shammy Roar (and anything else) first, but yes the stock regen spells could use a bump (Roar is already giving nearly 10k a tick, so it's not like they are scared of that number).

I would not want to see anything added to the basic regen spell though, especially not a rune. Besides introducing new stacking issues, the devs would probably just feel the need to create more effects that ignore your suggestion in the future. I prefer to keep things simple.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I doubt it'd be that bad. Tracking the cumulative HP/sec change from DoTs/Regen and applying that every second is computationally simple.

Meanwhile my mage has 15 procs that trigger every time they make eye contact with a mob and my berserker is like General Grevious with how many swings a sec he has.
    [IMG]
    Duder likes this.
  6. smash Augur

But there will be need to send data to all the other players about you got # hps
  7. Tucoh Augur

This isn't a requirement.
  8. smash Augur

sure not requirement, however it is build in.