Suggestion: Necro Pet buffs

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Eldur, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Eldur New Member

This suggestion addresses the following issues of the necromancer class, that made it nowadays one of the least wanted and played classes:
    • Raiding forces the necro to cycle through at least four spell sets (80% of the necros in my guild stopped raiding because of this "gameplay")
    • With raid encounters that involve a lot of movement or adds, necros can as well afk
    • Group dps is a joke for a dps class
    • Necro pets have become almost meaningless
    • Necro is often considered as a worse mage
    • The dot-revamp will necer come
    The idea is now to give both pets a spell that places a buff on the necromancer.

The rogue pet's buff:
    • Triples the damage of all current aera dots
    • Limits the duration of all dots to 30 seconds
    So this is basically the dot revamp in one spell, and also removes the need for cycling through spell books.

The warrior pet's buff:
    • Triples the necromancer's healing output
    • Adds a 100% reluctant benevolence
    So this basically turns the necromancer into a healer for the group game. Actual numbers may vary, of course.

As the necromancer would then be a versatile class again, it also does not have to compete with the top-dps (or top-healer) classes. It is also very distinguishable from mages.

What do you think about this?
  2. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I disagree with every single thing in your post.
  3. Bludmop New Member

Ummmm, do you play a Necro ? I disagree with everything too
  4. Eldur New Member

Yes, I play a necro as my main, of course. But I also have 8 other toons at 110, half of them at max-AA. And I can understand why many people don't want a necro in their group, unless he has a raid guild tag. I would be interested, if you don't agree with the first paragraph, describing the current situation of the necro class (poor and cumbersome), or with my idea of adding something unique to both the class and our pets (optional stances), or with the direction of the class (hybrid bloodmage) that I would like to see?
  5. Forcallen Augur

Necros are in a very good place atm with all the AA changes. That said yes there is a metric ton of stuff to do while playing well and that scares a lot of people off of the class. It all started out as...…..

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah
    Here we go again
    Come on
    I'm heading out
    And all I'm taking with me
    Is my
    dots, pets, npc's
    Yeah,
    dots, pets, npc's
    Just those three things, please
    Need my
    dots, pets, npc's

And very much morphed into:
    Necroman, you need tons of $h!t
    My bifold, my Anguish Robe
    My swarm pets, my fire dots, my spell swaps, my flesh procs
    My sphere trap
    Makes mezzing peeps scream cut that crap
    My spellbook, my doom dots, my epic, my debuff slots
    My dissident, my incite
    Oh, truck, I forgot my life...……………..taps
    dots, pets, npc's
    God damn
    dots, pets, npc's
    It used to be so easy
    With my
    dots, pets and npc's

Eldur and birdsong_pawn like this.
  6. birdsong_pawn Augur

Not bad. You need to work in Malevolent Covenant and maybe pet heals though. My necro needs 17 spells slots and a keyboard with a longer alphabet :p
  7. Forcallen Augur

Yeah that would have been one to fit in. 2.0

It all started out as...…..

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah

Here we go again

Come on

I'm heading out

And all I'm taking with me

Is my

dots, pets, npc's

Yeah,

dots, pets, npc's

Just those three things, please

Need my

dots, pets, npc's

And very much morphed into:

Necroman, you need tons of $h!t

My bifold, my Anguish Robe

My swarm pets, my spell swaps, my covenant, my flesh procs

My sphere trap

Makes mezzing peeps scream cut that crap

My spellbook, my doom dots, my epic, my debuff slots

My dissident, my incite

Oh, truck, I forgot my life...……………..taps

dots, pets, npc's

God damn

dots, pets, npc's

It used to be so easy

With my

dots, pets and npc's

And for those that don't know I am shamelessly ganking.
  8. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

I'll bite here … triple dot damage? No f-in way. Necros are already very healthy in competing for #1 on parse during the looooooooooong ToV raids, triple dot damage would put them beyond gods.
  9. Eldur New Member

Okay, I have to explain that. At the moment necros do good raid damage, because they load 25-30 dots on the boss. Thus we wanted a dot revamp, casting less dots, not having to cycle through spellsets and starting to enjoy the game again. Thus the idea to make the duration shorter, but the damage beefier, and also limit the buff on current aera dots. Thus we would cycle through one spell set, because the first dot would have run out when we reach the last spell gem. Overall the numbers should stay the same. If the factor now is exactly 3 or maybe 2.8143 - Excel would figure that out.

On top of fixing some of our class issues, and also reducing the number of debuff slots necros take on raid bosses, this is also very easy to implement compared to a dot revamp, and spectacularly easy to balance.
  10. smash Augur

answer = no