Fixed Internally Bard: selos aa duration

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Svann2, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Quite interested in how this thread is marked, because if this was on purpose, and it is working as intended, I have to admit that I will be gobsmacked.

So strange to have an entire set of patch notes for a new expansion, with all the toys, new zones and the like, and pair it with a nerf to a class.
  2. Zenn New Member

If it is intended, can we at least get an option to use either the short duration 88 or the longer duration version at 81 velocity?
    Cervesio and svann like this.
  3. Gafgarion Elder

They haven't said either way yet, but my gut tells me this one wasn't as intended
  4. Buri Augur

When I first saw the patch notes, I thought, "Oh cool, they added 2 minutes to selos... so it's gonna last 7 minutes now"?
    Just think how happy that would have made everyone for Xmas.
    Cervesio likes this.
  5. Beco Lorekeeper

Lucy's Selos's shows a total of 4 versions of Selo's on life server. The AA description does name "Selo's Accelerando" and for the second lvl as well "Selo's Accelerato". If there would be added a third lvl of the AA using "Selo's Accelerating Canto" we would have to spend some more AA's on it, but would have a chance to come close to the duration we have had.
  6. Gafgarion Elder

That would fix the problem on live, but it wouldn't fix the problem on TLPs, because Accelerating Canto is an inaccessible EoK spell. The AA would also need to recognize the 49 spell Selo's Accelerating Chorus
    Wulfhere likes this.
  7. Nniki Augur

Selo's Accelerating Canto (L74) wouldn't work because it's an upgrade to Selo's Song of Travel (L51). They have an invisibility component. They upgraded Selo's Accelerando (L5) with Selo's Accelerato (L66) in EoK, both of which have a 0:12 second base duration, but they never upgraded Selo's Accelerating Chorus (L49), which has the 2:30 min base duration.

Ideally, they would have used Selo's Accelerating Chorus and an upgraded version of it if it had existed, and then everything would have been the same. Instead, Selo's Accelerando and Selo's Accelerato were used for ranks 1 and 2 of the AA.

The Selo's Sonata AA used to cast Selo's Sonata I, which had a base duration of 2:30 min, obviously modeled after Selo's Accelerating Chorus. This was doubled by Extended Ingenuity AA which resulted in the 5:00 minute duration at the max rank. Tune Stuck in Your Head did not add 6s to this.

Selo's Accelerando (L5) and Selo's Accelerato (L66) are both being modded by Extended Ingenuity (max rank in example): 0:12 * 2 = 0:24 seconds. The AA itself adds 2:00 minute to the duration, which results in the 2:24 minute duration. Tune is not affecting it, as I imagine the 2:00 minute addition is superseding it, but an extra 6s would only take it to 2:30.
    Cervesio and Wulfhere like this.
  8. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

LOL, just put it back to how it was the day before yesterday or I am going to sing nothing but polka music.
    Sevastopol and Gafgarion like this.
  9. Sevastopol New Member

Looks like this got ignored in today's patch. Please step it up guys. We would have been way better off if you guys tested this and took feedback. Same thing with the AE mez nerf. Like why even go down the rabbit hole on these nerfs?
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

23 votes, almost 30 posts and no response when the parameters of this bug method was upvotes.... Hmm....
    Sevastopol likes this.
  11. Sevastopol New Member

Now they're prolly gonna ignore this til January's patch. And my guess is they're also probably gone til after New Years, so this is almost certainly falling on deaf ears.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Can we get an answer?
  13. Cloud the Third Augur

It is bugged and doesn't scale properly i never had Accelerato from Lcaneium and when i bought rank 2 it stopped working at all with no selos. I never even knew i didn't have the song since i didn't play during eok or ros and the song isn't sold in pok.

The new version last less time but increases speed to 88 from 81. So maybe leave it at 2mins but at least give us the ability to down level the ability like some of the ones you can disable to let us switch back to the slower but longer duration song.

But yea the description is wrong it doesn't pick the highest level song that you have it looks for a certain song and if you don't have it then it just doesn't work at all. It should at least pull the best song that you own that way you could maybe remove the shorter faster song and just have the lower level longer duration song instead.
    Ferriciean and Cervesio like this.
  14. Sevastopol New Member

Sometimes the collateral damage caused by these sweeping AA overhauls outweighs the benefit. Now if you would just fix it, so we can all move on with our lives! Fixing the extension nerf on AE mez would also be great
  15. Wulfhere Augur

It seems obvious that Dzarn considered Selo's Accelerating Chorus in his changes to Rank 1 AA, because he did include a 120s time extension to approximate it, rather then actually include the song in the AA.

The applicable songs available at level 76:

[50190/1408042] Selo's Accelerato
    Classes: BRD/66
    Skill: Percusion, Max Focus: 350%
    Target: Target Group
    AE Range: 150'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s
    Duration: 12s+ (2 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Movement Speed by 100%
    2: Increase Movement Speed Cap by 4

[2605/1008042] Selo's Accelerating Chorus
    Classes: BRD/49
    Skill: Percusion, Max Focus: 180%
    Duration: 2.5m+ (25 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Movement Speed by 65%

[717/108042] Selo's Accelerando
    Classes: BRD/5
    Skill: Percusion, Max Focus: 180%
    Duration: 12s+ (2 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Movement Speed by 65%

Selo's Sonata (1)
    76 SoF
    1: Increase Duration by 120s
    2: Limit Class: BRD
    3: Limit Spells: Selo's Accelerando
    Cast: Selo's Sonata I

The Duration of 20 ticks is an nerf reduction from 25 ticks and we hope was just an oversight. It should be (25 - 2) = 23 ticks.

The disabling of Extended Ingenuity is the bigger issue. My level 49 SONG (left) is now far superior to my level 76 AA (right). This has to be fixed.

[IMG]
  16. Cloud the Third Augur

Lets be honest here out of all the changes to bards in the last few months the only one not negative was increasing dot damage. AE mez nerfed, selos nerfed, frontal ae damage nerfed, new insult without moving mob nope u only get one that moves the mob..... this has to be intended.
  17. Sevastopol New Member

Some of it certainly was intentional (however misguided), but I doubt this selo revamp is working like they intended
  18. Buri Augur

Well, no... they gave us back our ability to fade in a mobs face and not get aggro again, that's a huge positive to me.
    svann likes this.
  19. svann Augur

Just so long as its not undead.
    Now you know what I want for christmas? Fade to include Shauri's Sonorous Clouding so it works for undead too!
    Niloiv and code-zero like this.
  20. Wulfhere Augur

Merry Christmas Macro
    /timer 11, /attack off
    /stopsong
    /alt activate 212
    /alt activate 231
    /doability 3 # Sneak
    Cervesio likes this.