Would you pay for this service?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Pikollo Augur

I'm sure most of you are the same. Before you played a TLP you played on the live shards and probably had a bunch of clickies that are no longer available. Between pre-order bonuses, one of a kind events, store specials and especially Legends of Norrath. Would you pay to have an item (nothing game breaking) either copied from your live char to your tlp char? Or pay to have the item re-enter the /claim list so it is claimable by another character on another server (assuming there wouldn't be an expansion lock out for it)?

Personally I would love to get things like my chimera mount, lord nag familiar, various illusions etc over to my tlp char. And it seems like an easy way for DB to make some money.

Thoughts?
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well they just put out veteran rewards and those are silly broken.

Think about this... you're given a reward for being on a server for 10 years, but the "real" age of your server is around 3 or 4 years. Glyphs at least cost aa's.
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Having marketplace cosmetic items and familiars tied to a single character is precisely the reason I don't buy any of them, for what it's worth.
  4. Pikollo Augur

Mounts, visuals, familiars, illusions etc aren't really game breaking though so having a fast mount at this point isn't the same as vets. Although I admit I didn't play with the addition of stat mounts and I guess some familiars might be kinda strong for certain era's. Nag familiar is what? 400hp? Not exactly godlike but 400hp is a lot right now.

This is why I didn't buy the ability to customize my looks. Because its for one character. Also because this is free in other games. But thats sort of the point too. DB wants to make money so they can essentially get more money for items, or in a way sell items twice. Would you buy a cosmetic item if you could get it on 2 chars? Or all chars? They already got all my money on live but I'd pay a small fee to get some of those to TLP. Which means they'd be selling me the same item twice.
  5. Pikollo Augur

Bump cuz this is all I want for xmas :D. Let me throw you $5-$10 an item to copy to Selo. We are about at a point where LoN was about introduced (a month away) so even the nag familiar would not be OP at this point. I was just looking through my stuff on live. I'd probably copy over 6 items today if this was a thing. Ya'll want my money?

Not to mention it would add more flavor to the TLP. On live there are tons of illusions, mounts, aura's etc.
  6. Nolrog Augur

IMO they should put these kinds of things on the market so we can buy them directly. They should also leverage the release of older expansions in the market by putting some of the pre-order bonus items from that expansion up for a limited time.
  7. Machen New Member

I agree with this, this would be better than a service to transfer items. Just sell them. It would also be a whole lot easier to implement.
  8. Pikollo Augur

I can agree with that. It sucks to have to pay full price for an item again (and god knows how much from buying LoN packs). But at least we could get the items. I kinda don't see that happening because (from what I hear) they basically sell LoN loot boxes. So selling the items directly would either be expensive, or kill their loot box sales. Same could be said about allowing someone to reclaim an item but at the same time if the price is right people may actually spend their money.
  9. Machen New Member

If they are selling them, they are selling them, even if it is just via the heritage crates or whatever. If you have to buy a ton of loot boxes to get them, that's mostly not much different than how it worked when LoN was live. I'm fine with that, just make them available somehow. If LoN were still here, you can bet they wouldn't xfer stuff from character to character, they'd encourage you to aquire a new one through LoN gameplay...
  10. Nolrog Augur

Some things in heritage crates (e.g., LON items, the various racial ones they put out a few times a year, but also some things should be straight up for sale (e.g., expansion pre-order stuff, faction items, etc.)
    Machen likes this.
  11. Pikollo Augur

Most of the items I had in mind are mainly old LoN items. Chimera mount, Nag familiar, various aura's, various illusions etc. Someone had mentioned there were LoN loot boxes (something I have not seen on Selo) so if thats true the are sold in a round about way (forcing you to pay a ton I am sure). I'd much rather buy the item directly, or as I said, be able to switch it between chars much like you can switch chars between servers etc. A service you can activate on certain vanity items.

I agree with the pre-order stuff as well. The one off ones at least.