Update Auto AA Grant Today - Only on 1 Character?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by urgatorbait, Dec 19, 2019.

1. urgatorbait New Member

I'm confused... I have two level 85 Heroic Characters. I'm All Access. Both HC's had about 5400-ish AA's yesterday (the amount auto granted when I made them HC's). Today I log into one of them and I get a notice that the character has had his AA's increased to over 6100 AA's (even got a ding for the 6000 AA achievement). I get excited and log into the HC that I've been playing most anticipating the same AA boost.... nada! I don't understand why I got it on one toon and not the other when they are essentially identical except for race and class. Both have the grant auto AA option set to on.

Does anyone know what the scoop is here? I really want the AA boost on the other character as well. Thanks in advance for any insights.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is intended. Different classes have different AA autogrants.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. urgatorbait New Member

Oh ok, thanks for the reply. I've only recently returned to the game after having not played since 2005. There's so much to learn, the game has changed so much.

So there's a 700 AA difference between the two. Seems extreme. Also, why would the one character just now get those additional AA's? Does it have to do with the expansion going live? The character that got the new ones was made heroic a month or so ago.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Certain aa lines were consolidated/reworked in the last few patches. This impacted each class differently. It is possible the one of the classes that you play had no additional aa points had no consolidation/rework in the most recent patch (as it pertains to your character level), while the other did.
  5. Sancus Augur

Autogrant is not based on AA totals, it grants all the AA through the fourth most recent expansion. Each time a new expansion launches, that flags an additional expansion for autogrant. Torment of Velious launching flagged The Broken Mirror for autogrant. There is a gap in the total number of AAs between classes, but both characters should have all AAs up through The Broken Mirror (excluding TS AAs) that requrie level 85 or less.

There are two possible reasons one of them received new AA. The first is that while most TBM AAs require a higher level (probably 105, the cap for TBM), there are a few lines for some classes that start at lower levels from that expansion. If there was a TBM AA line with a required level at or below 85 for one class, that would've been granted. The other possibility is that, as mentioned, there have been a number of consolidations as part of the ToV AA work, and this may have affected the AAs available to one of the characters.
  6. urgatorbait New Member

Thanks everyone. It's still a tad confusing to wrap my head around but I think I get the gist of what you're saying. If it matters for clarity, my two characters are both level 85 HC's - one is a Magician and the other a Shaman. The Shaman is the one that as of today was granted roughly 600-700 more AA's than he had yesterday. As I run around PoK today I keep seeing chat text stating that so-and-so has completed achievement <insert number of AA's here>. I was feeling like I was being left out of the party :(
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Sort your AA window by expansion. Everything TBM or before (use ACH window for expansion order) is auto granted. If it's grey, you are not of a high enough level to have that AA. Click on the tab at the bottom that says next rank and it will give you the info on the required level. When you get the level you will get the AA. Things not flagged by expansion are not autogranted (racial innates, tradeskills).
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Weebaaa Augur

https://www.raidloot.com/AA.aspx?exp=The Broken Mirror&class=Shaman

Quickly looking over the list I see ~185 AA that would become available to a lvl 85 shaman with TBM

Have you logged in your shaman since last year? Was it autogranting last years' AA as well?

Also you should be able to check your log files if you have them enabled
    C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\Logs\Eqlog_yourcharacter_yourserver.txt

Searching that for the phrase "At the cost of 0 Ability points" (Taken from the phrase [Fri Apr 21 10:11:50 2017] You have improved Energetic Attunement 12 at a cost of 0 ability points.) should let you know exactly what you've gained
  9. Weebaaa Augur

Also also, had you already EARNED some of the AA which would have been autogranted on your Mage, since you've been playing it more?
  10. urgatorbait New Member

My Shammy was only created a month ago. Maybe he had more prior to today than I thought. He's got ~6100 AA now but I assumed he had around the same as my mage who is sitting at ~5500 AA.
  11. urgatorbait New Member

This is very helpful information. Thanks so much.
  12. urgatorbait New Member

Don't think that's it because I have only earned (myself) 9 AA so far on my Mage and none on my Shammy.
  13. urgatorbait New Member

Ahhh, looking at this in my AA window the light bulb went off. On a cursory look, I think things are the way they should be - not surprising really :) I think I'm peachy now. Thanks to you all for straightening me out. Safe hunting!
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Allayna Augur

Before you know it you’ll be 115 with that sweet 50k AA achievement for that shaman...
  15. urgatorbait New Member

I hope :) But since you bring it up, and on a side note, I'm finding the leveling quite slow at 85. Granted I'm very rusty and also don't know the game above level 70 (I think it was back in 2005) when I last played. II went to the courtyard of House of Thule and both my shammy and mage take about 4 minutes to kill a dark blue mob. That yields about 1/3 of one percent exp. It's fairly safe there but is this normal? Better spots to exp at this level? Anyways.... I'll keep trying to find my sweet spot, I suppose.