Tank mercs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dagum, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Gundolin Augur

Merc healers are bad, but are still better than Merc Tanks.
    Tallie and Yinla like this.
  2. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

The tank and dps mercs are so pathetic, when I 3 box I just load 3 healer mercs. If 1 dies, it doesn't impact me in any way. Tried the dps mercs, they were less then 10% of my group total dps over a day. … Extra healer merc is not too shabby for offtanking adds when I get lazy on pulls.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Tank and DPS mercs border on absolutely useless. They aren't even a speed bump and not worth the buffs or heals we put on them.

Time for real players.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Laronk Augur

If you have a real healer the tank merc can tank just not very well
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Today I took down Chief Drogan. Fluffy had 31 million HP. My tank merc has RoS armor (I think 2 slots from TBL), is J5 L110, no DPS AA, did 6k DPS averaged over the entire fight, with my FTP 100 bard playing overhaste with ENC haste. In contrast my 106 mage with about some defiant slots, some RoF slots, some selrach spots and no enhanced minion did 50k DPS.
  6. McErmmy New Member

Lack of dps is one of the main problems with the tank merc. Where any reasonably equipped tank can has enough dps to molo with a cleric merc at least in some content, a healer + a tank merc just can't kill a mob in any reasonable amount of time.
  7. Fian Augur

It would be better if a tank merc could tank a boss. Keep their dps low to encourage players to choose a player tank when available. IMO, the most limiting thing to forming groups right now is a tank, so an improved tank merc would make a difference.
    Yinla and Petalonyx like this.
  8. Numiko Augur

Merc DPS AA's don't seem to effect merc tanks.

I bought a rank just to see and my merc tank hit for exactly the same amounts as when it had zero DPS aa's
    Petalonyx likes this.
  9. Nolrog Augur

I use the healer merc as well. In fact I avoided buying subtle magic so they would draw aggro occasionally and off tank for me.
  10. MelediWeaver Journeyman

I am a cleric with a tank merc in the new gear with a lot of AAs (250 odd). My bellicose tank stopped tanking at all, so I now use a drolvarg. Tank mercs are useless basically. I would rather bring up a healer and tank myself with my dps boxes .... I think I can keep aggro better than the merc tank :p
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Tank merc is meant to tank. It's not meant to DPS.
    A real tank would dps somewhere between 50k, and 250k.
  12. Vizier Augur

The healer merc is a good healer that is never afk and you can learn to work with with no gear or merc AAs. The tank merc somewhat serviceable in modern content ONLY if you get all the AAs and gear.

Tank mercs need some more love.
    eepok likes this.
  13. eqgamer Augur

Can't you just dismiss and rebuy bellicose to get it working again? Think there is another way to fix too. If I understand you correctly.
  14. Tallie Elder

That's kind of my point. Just to pull a number out of my hat, if a cleric merc can heal about 80% as well as a real cleric, shouldn't a tank merc be able to tank and dps about 80% as well as a real tank?
  15. Conq Augur

Healer merc is less than 1/3 capable as a real cleric. Tank merc... I dunno, haven't tried one since CoTF?
    Conq
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Mercs should be left alone to languish. Use them at your own peril/desperation.
  17. TYBARIS Journeyman

At 250pp every 15 min. I think I might have to let mine go she isn't performing up to her job.:)