Quitting till this is addressed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Justice for tlp, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Moranis Augur

To be fair - Chef camp in Seb has been camped by botters since Ragefire and DBG has done absolutely zero about it to my knowledge.

I clearly remember a very nicely automated group of (6) gnomes (I think 4 mages, 1 ench, 1 cleric?) all standing in a perfect circle, rebuffing exactly when things faded, and harmoniously engaging each pop. Now, they didn't have auto-pullers or anything, they just sat around and waited for mobs to KOS.

I'm not exactly sure how locking down a 5-spawn every 20-something minutes with a 6-box group was profitable or even worthwhile. Maybe you could get a few hundred plat and a few exp% overnight - but it seems like the hassle of getting the group down there and setup wouldn't be worth it. Unless they could warp...
  2. Calzonae Journeyman

I do not recall. I just remember the list of complaints and they all centered around the changes made to favor solo players. Those changes negated the need to even play an MMO with a subscription to begin with. "Dungeon crawls" became laughably easy (with or without mercs).

In our case (as in many others) we went to try progression from a live server and continued to play in both arenas. At the time, progression servers were still a novel idea.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

That's not even a bot what you are describing. o_O

The current bot at chef camp had quite a large pulling range. For the most part they can lock down the entire chef area up to the jail area. I'd guesstimate it's worth like 1,000p an hour + 1 AA every 2 - 2.5 hours. Hardly super stats but when it's free 24/7 it does add up.

Last time I logged in which was over a week ago, you had 2 seb instances, with chef area, disco and juggs all 6 man bot teams.
  4. jeskola pheerie

If you had friends turned off to EQ by boxing and bots (since no mercs, I will assume you meant bots) wayyyy back in Combine POP (2006), I wonder what they would make of the current state of the game.
  5. Qenni New Member

Duder likes this.
  6. Moranis Augur

Certainly not a sophisticated bot like we're seeing now, but a bot nonetheless. Unless said person sitting at the PC was perfect at timing rebuffs and synchronizing nukes for the 18-hour period which I recorded it - it was a bot. It was obviously macaroni+.

Suffice to say I enjoyed EQ more when I was ignorant to these folks.
  7. Machen New Member

Could have just been a couple autofires. One spammed to assist/pet attack/nuke hotkey, another set to click a rebuff hotkey every 30 minutes. Still automated, but not really a bot.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Ragefire wasn't a truebox TLP. What you're describing can easily be done with boxing software, audio triggers and autofire macros. All of which is legal on non-truebox servers so long as you're near your PC while doing it. On truebox servers that software is illegal. Phinny and Agnarr didn't have this kinda stuff, sure it had a few people running a single mage with an autofire macro and i know multiple who got multiple suspensions and bans for doing so, but it didn't have afk groups in the same spot for 6 months straight. It didn't really become a thing on truebox servers until Coirnav.
  9. Qenni New Member

my personal favorite is the ranger bot fighting outside of melee range in bow range shooting, but also within kick range and kicking every time the ability is ready for use.
  10. Sythrak20 Elder

I played on combine till luclin. The biggest issues of that server was 50 sks hting raid mobs as soon as they popped. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
  11. UnintentionalTacos New Member

Do you just use auto attacks from your melee character?
  12. Moranis Augur

Automated = bot...no need to be unnecessarily nuanced to the point of contention.

Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkle.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Querris New Member

It actually does bother me a great deal that a guy running obvious macro software is considered fine, but if I hit the same button on two keyboards a couple of times the game disconnects me. Probably good for him, they aren't gonna do anything about him and at this point its probably safe to say its free and clear to be using whatever software you want.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

What is dbg waiting for exactly?
  15. Bot spotter Journeyman

I wonder if the guy far taunting in sirens with monks is still there.

I like that it tells you when someone uses taunt. Now you can see their monks taunt (monks don't get this skill) sirens from across the room.

You would think that would be fishy enough.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

That would be hard to not use that tool if you had it. Maybe they should just patch it in to even the playing field.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The next suckers they are trying to sell their IP to.
    Can't ban the cheaters if they make up a good portion of the user base before the sale goes through.
    Duder likes this.
  18. Machen New Member

Err, if they make up a good portion of hte user base, they probably don't want to ban them all even if they aren't selling the IP.

It's why m q 2 is ignored now on live... When virtually everyone uses it, the horse is out of the barn on banning it.
  19. asdasd1212 Journeyman

BUMP.

Warp hacking still allowed on Mangler

I'd name names but i'm not allowed!!

i guess you forwarded the video evidence just after removing the video right dev!
  20. Querris New Member

They obviously don't care. It's not a case of someone doing it under the radar, its flagrant obvious violations of game rules going unpunished. That is why my biggest concern is to simply have the rules that are actually enforced stated. If its legal to use 3rd party tools to modify the game, please state that is the case so we can all be on an even playing field. I would actually prefer for the players violating the rules to be punished, but that is not something I see happening.
    Xanathol likes this.