[Compiling List] RE: Old Weapons into Ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dhurgan, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Dhurgan Augur

There was a request to start a new thread for visibility in reference to the Morph Old Weapons into Ornaments discussion.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...tion-morph-old-weapons-into-ornaments.260530/

Go ahead and PM me what weapon(s) graphic you think is cool, would want that graphic turned into an ornament, and would actually buy/use the ornament. After about 30 days, I'll summarize the list into the top 30ish requests, post the results, and then send the list off to Ngreth.

TL;DR of previous thread.

Ngreth's Response...
    Romance, Duder, Mithra and 1 other person like this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You could use this thread so you won't get duplicate messages. Perhaps a request Dreamweaver to sticky this thread for 30 days. People can also "upvote" by "liking" replies (if the Reddit model is praiseworthy for anything). And, if someone suggests an obscure graphic, they could link or copy the visual in. (Not trying to step on your toes otherwise).

My ornament suggestion:

The "Sky" weapons and Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher.

Pros: Beautiful graphics.

Cons: Saturation and overuse (if easily obtained).

Solution: Make "Sky" ornaments ultra rare like chase loot. (Someone suggested in the other thread that these be single-use containers and not type-20 augments).

BFG (screenshot by Zaztik from Allakhazam):
    [IMG]
    eqgamer and Boze like this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

In house of thule, there was a 2h wavey bladed sword that was pretty sweet.
    I don't recall the name. Dropped from the fear raid.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  4. Nniki Augur

Whulfgar, Gyurika Godofwar and Benito like this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Benito likes this.
  6. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

Wtb bulwark of bravery ornament paying in krono:p
  7. Jennre Band Leader

8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Gyurika Godofwar and Benito like this.
  9. Bronut Augur

10. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Boze likes this.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Cain's Bo Staff of Fury I think it's called from Emp Ssra. One of my all time favorite old school graphics. I use to envy every monk I saw wielding it!
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

13. Wegluan New Member

14. Alarya Augur

All of the weapons from the Convorteum raid events!
  15. Lifeshriek Augur

16. Nniki Augur

17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

BFG - I tried. :D
    Boze likes this.
  18. Koryu Professional Roadkill

A list of suggestions after looking through my weapon trophies.

1HB:
    Spiked Hammer of Animated Lava -- Underfoot Group -- igneous meat tenderizer mallet with animated hilt

2HB:
    Monstrous Mace -- Seeds of Destruction Group -- big ol' stone baseball bat with flanges
    Parasol of Flaming Beauty -- Broken Mirror Group -- fancy umbrella
    Archstave of Terris-Thule -- House of Thule Raid -- Darth Maul staff with purple smoke

1HS:
    Edge of Eternity -- Planes of Power Raid -- simple blade with gold inlay
    Wingblade -- Darkened Sea Group -- ornate handaxe
    Dragonkiller -- Dragons of Norrath Raid -- barbed whip with bladed tip
    Gentleman's Sword -- Rain of Fear Group -- winged cross-guard longsword with patterned fuller
    Smoldering Jagged Longsword -- Buried Sea Raid -- animated lava-edged blade
    Hand of Xaric -- Rain of Fear Raid -- smoking purple and silver scimitar

2HS:
    Scindio -- Darkened Sea Raid -- glowing blue scythe
    Blade of Pure Light -- Buried Sea Raid -- translucent orange bladeshard with sparks
    Scar / Skycleaver -- Empires of Kunark Raid -- purple/blue glowing barbed blades
    Burning Steel Broadblade -- Call of the Forsaken Raid -- broad gold bastardsword with light particles
    Deadman's Battleaxe -- House of Thule Group -- large-headed flaring axe

1HP:
    Verdant Heartpiercer -- Rain of Fear Raid -- green glowing serpentine dagger

2HP:
    Great Lance of Stone -- Planes of Power Group -- enormous grey simple lance
    Unspoken Deliverance -- Rain of Fear Raid -- jagged harpoon with purple smoke
    Lance of the Icestorm -- Call of the Forsaken Raid -- multi-pointed spear with gold sparks
    Prismatic Greatspear of Bloodshed -- Secrets of Faydwer Raid -- flare-headed lance

H2H:
    Phlogiston Claws -- Ring of Scale Raid -- blue razored claw-hand with smoke
    Petrified Chokidai Bone Claws -- Empires of Kunark Group -- red razored claw-hand, no smoke
    Claw of the Di`Zok / Skyripper -- Empires of Kunark Raid -- purple/blue glowing wrist-talon

Bow:
    Bow of the Warder -- House of Thule Group -- angular rainbow recurve bow
    Shardheart -- Rain of Fear Raid -- thick purple bow with smoking crystals
    Planar Slaughterbow -- Seeds of Destruction Group -- simple spiked bow
    Phlogiston Longbow -- Ring of Scale Raid -- tall, spiky blue bow with radiating smoke
    Plaguebreeze -- Omens of War Raid -- simple redwood bow
    Soulseeker, Death's Sigh -- Prophecy of Ro Raid -- ribbed compound bow
    Blued Steelforce Longbow -- Call of the Forsaken Raid -- ornate, sharp recurve bow with light sparks
    Darkthorn, Bow of Deadly Rain -- Rain of Fear Raid -- sharp silver recurve bow with purple stone inlay

Shield:
    Obexa Primia -- Darkened Sea Raid -- compressed coffin shield with small blue pulse
    Guard of the Emissary -- Veil of Alaris Group -- pointed, tear-drop kite shield
    Ancient Alaran Shield -- Veil of Alaris Group -- tall oval shield with shoulder cutout
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Lisard Silly

for nostalgia purposes and for everyone to be able to use

a cracked staff ornament (fits ALL weapon types)

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Marton and Boze like this.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

That's part of the NPC model, so, it's not something I can put on an ornament. The same is true for the original Rallos Zek Axe. (from PoP) It's part of the model. The weapons the Discordians carry. Part of the model.
    Bardy McFly likes this.