Continue your great quest, Aradune. In memoriam: Brad McQuaid

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by yerm, Dec 14, 2019.

1. yerm Augur

As politely as I can possibly put this:

Please allow us to remember Brad McQuaid for something, anything really, other than the name who is spammed EVERY time we zone. Reduce the yellow text MOTD to once when logging in, if not just sunsetting it completely by now.

I have played everquest off and on, mostly on, since early 2000. I have used "this is gonna rock" memes all over including multiple times in internal work emails. I have posted fondly of him in other places such as fires of heaven. With great respect and appreciate for Brad and his legacy... let the man rest in peace already.

I apologize if this comes across as snooty and it's not my intention... devs, you do not actively play the game like a typical EQ subscriber, so you just do not understand how unreasonable the amount of MOTD pulses this in memoriam message puts out. My event message and other window is typically a constant wall of yellow until I'm parked in a zone.

Out of respect for the RIP thread I'm posting this here in TLP instead where most rants end up.
  2. taliefer Augur

I dont mind it. guy is one, if not the, biggest reason we are all playing the game. i figure theyd let it run till march, do some tribute during the anniversary and turn it off then
    Yinla likes this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

All good deeds shall not go unpunished.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If your the kind of person who is bothered enough by MoTD spam of any kind, to make a complaint post on the forums, you and I would not group well together.
  5. That0neguy Augur

Are you one of those people who post every button you hit into /g or /rs like its 2001 again?
  6. Montag Augur

Yerm man that really low of you to even post complaining about this.
    Meridian likes this.
  7. That0neguy Augur

Someone had to do it. Because you all know you were thinking it too.
  8. yerm Augur

Brad was someone who appreciated criticism. He earned my respect years ago when he literally thanked someone who was flaming him repeatedly for "holding him accountable" to deliver on a promise (vanguard related). Criticism of how annoying the message is != low or shameful to the man's legacy.

I'm yerm on selo if you want to avoid me.
  9. Sikkun Augur

EQ community, complaining about everything Devs do since 99, even an honorarium to the games creator.
    HoodenShuklak and Montag like this.
  10. Montag Augur

I wasn't thinking it. I was thinking it was a really nice gesture and very respectful of the man and the fact that without him, this game, if it existed at all, would be very very different.
  11. Montag Augur

He may have appreciated criticism but decent people don't offer that criticism while the man is being memorialized shortly after his death.
  12. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Ol' Brad deserves the respect and more. The only thing I find wanting is more effort into his stock photo of the stupid pirates raising sabre's to his honor. He's worth more than that, make something in his honor, Christ. This man is literally the reason most of us have dedicated our lives to soul devouring MMORPGs. Create a massive tombstone engraves for him front and center of the bazaar or guild lobby entrance.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's actually a cool idea... literally they could probably put a "cement texture" over his toon.

Make it dispense free clarity buffs too if you click it.