Celebrating Frostfell with Sales and a bonus!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Does frost fell now offer any item drops that affect game play?
  2. Jontrann Augur

no exp bonus? wow that's a first.
    PCSS, Yinla and Herf like this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

"Merry Christmas! We're running a sale."
  4. Ranonman Elder

No other crates like last year? I'm missing some big cats and birds!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Herf Augur

Exactly. We rely on these XP bonuses to get AAs, or to lvl up alts, particularly on locked TLP servers.
    PCSS and LooMon like this.
  6. Honeybadger New Member

Who cares if xp bonus would overlap with xpac release? Just make the bonus not apply to characters 111 or higher, then it would affect nothing we don't already have. Boom, problem solved.
    Herf likes this.
  7. Nelepta New Member

What a bunch of babies....
    Tucoh and PCSS like this.
  8. GlobeaduePatcher New Member

Yes was really hoping for exp bonus and store plate armor sets would be nice, 30 bazilion caster robes and 1 plate armor set, as a plate main, very disappointed on that.

Heck random mob dropped festive gear would have been nice, santa hats, candy cane weapon augs etc heck maybe even a super rare mobs can drop a holiday crate.
    PCSS, LooMon and Herf like this.
  9. GlobeaduePatcher New Member

I'm not 100% certain but I think it works like this...
    Mob drop table:
    Rare item 01: 1%
    Rare item 02: 4%
    Uncommon/Common items 01 through 06: 10% ea

-- so 50% rare rates changes:
    Mob drop table:
    Rare item 01: 1.5%(+.5%)
    Rare item 02: 6%(+2%)
    Uncommon/Common items 01 through 06: 10% ea (unchanged)

Never seen an actual explanation of what this means, I pretty much analyze the statement and try to guess what the bare minimum explanation of it could be and run with that.
    I've camped 30m respawn rare mobs with super rare drop during one of the recent +named spawn +rare drop events...I got about 30 respawns, saw the named 4 times and 1 superrare drop.
    Personally, I rather see more loot drop, +1 dropped item
  10. Herf Augur

To be fair, there may not be code support for this kind of thing, and changing the code base for a temporary event would take time to Q/A. Of course, once done it could be used forever....
    PCSS, Gyurika Godofwar and Bobokin like this.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Christmas day bonus is the ability to buy a $200 hero forge set OR a loot crate. Thanks.
    PCSS, Gyurika Godofwar and Herf like this.
  12. taliefer Augur

no EXP bonus, no ogre heritage crate yet. worst Christmas in the history of ever.

in all seriousness, bummed about the no exp bonus. i dont mind the sales, soemtimes i buy stuff, sometimes i dont, pends on what it is
    PCSS and Herf like this.
  13. Prathun Developer

The bonus is for more rare spawns, meaning rare NPCs are more likely to spawn. Sorry for the confusion. I can see how drops would be a little confusing.
  14. Herf Augur

It's not too late to give us an XP bonus!
    PCSS likes this.
  15. Riou EQResource

What about the marketplace discount, in game the calendar message was reduced to 20%, but lists 30% here
  16. Bobokin Augur

It is 20% more than the normal 10% because it only applies to All Access Accounts.

If it is just the sad 10%+10%=20% sale, I would not be buying anything. Most of the DBG store items are overpriced now that the game is old and the dev team "doesn't have time" for guild hall and housing improvements. I waited all year for the 40% sale, and it didn't come.

I can no longer hear the jingle bells ring either. Bummer that.
    Herf likes this.
  17. Bobokin Augur

I was surprised they didn't have other crates.

I guess DBG needed more cash flow last year, so they had a better sale, more crates, and the lifetime memberships. This year is a little underwhelming.

I guess we were on the naughty list, but we are rogues and shadowknights after all.
    PCSS and Herf like this.
  18. Arog Augur

I'd like to see life time memberships go on sale again this year like last year.
    Saer-tse-tao and Digi like this.
  19. CatusPete New Member

This stinks.
    PCSS and Herf like this.
  20. Yallgottadobetter New Member

Are you serious? How insulting can one company be? For christmas this year you get to spend your money with us!!! Truck off with your XP bonus, we know you don't care about that!! If you think that I am going to buy a darn thing without there being an XP bonus to use it with, then you're not using your noggins AT ALL.

Honestly, I'm getting sick of how they shove all these sales down your trucking throat like we give a shift if there isn't +XP going on. We get it, you want money. Well we want some gosh darn levels/ AA. For the casual player (which is quite a few) whom can't spend 2-4 hours LFG every darn day, we REALLY NEED bonus XP to be able to stay relevant, other wise why am I paying $15 a month to you? If I'm always going to be doomed to being left behind cause I can only play like a normal person for 1-2 hours a day at most, then there is no point to me doing this. I may as well be playing a game like Diablo, where I can log on for an hour and have it mean something.

When there is an XP bonus, even when I can't find a group I can make my time still worthwhile killing whatever I can. If this is how your going to treat the casual population base, then I will be switching to test where there is no money involved, and likely just leaving the game all together. I was enjoying the XP bonus that came around for the different holidays throughout the year. Taking that away is entirely unwise. Please reconsider.