Torment of Velious TS Questline Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 6, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Community Manager

Hail Norrathians,

We wanted to share a quick update regarding Torment of Velious with you. After the stellar assistance we’ve received with beta testing we’ve come to the conclusion that the TS Questline isn’t quite ready and it will not be in time for launch, delivering a satisfying experience is important to us which means we are going to put some more time into it.

We anticipate the questline to release around mid-January and will leave the current portions in beta so players can continue to run through it and keep sharing that valuable feedback!

We are getting close to Velious and can’t wait to see everyone’s adventures!
    FubarEQ, Cazmac, eepok and 2 others like this.
  2. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Can we anticipate a staggered release on progression servers that catch up to ToV as well?
    Dythan likes this.
  3. dreamweaver Community Manager

I can't definitively speak to that at this point but I don't believe that will be the case. It will probably be easier to answer that once those servers are closer to ToV.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Don't sweat it, we're all looking forward to the release.
    FubarEQ, Cazmac, eepok and 2 others like this.
  5. Ashian Augur

More time to get my tradeskills up on all my characters. Works for me.
  6. Catashe Augur

The sarcasm is strong with this one

Dreamweaver responds just in case it wasn't..

:p
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

Always, just in case.
    Saer-tse-tao, Cadbane, eepok and 2 others like this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Great. TS quest not on release. The agents or minions or whatever it is called feature not on release. Raids not on release.

You going to refund half our money until early January too?
    Hellowhatsyourname and Saxim like this.
  9. Omegga Elder

Are the locked zones in the new expansion that we can't get in until quest are available?
  10. Saxim Journeyman

you all need more / better Alpha testers
  11. Sancus Augur

No, no locked zones. The only locked part of the expansion are the keys to upper floors of The Tower of Frozen Shadow, and those do not depend on this quest.
  12. Lianeb Augur

This does bum me out. Was really looking forward to it.

This decision is going to make this quest super boring.
    Instead of a quest that I could do and level up the earring in between quests while also leveling. Now I am going to have to grind a stupid earring after I am maxed level and AA.

But if it's not ready it's not ready.
    Nniki, Cury and Sancus like this.
  13. Natal Augur

Well, after you have finished grinding your levels and AA, you presumably will not be playing any more, so it doesn't matter does it?
    Rumplestilskin and Cazmac like this.
  14. Lianeb Augur

Who are you?
    And why do you have a smart A** remark for everyone on these boards
  15. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Are you guys going to be adding the merc/partisan task checkmarks into beta? I have horrible adhd and i need it to keep track of what i am doing. i hate doing 10 quests over and over again because i get distracted by a squirrel and forget if i have done them before or not! killing beta experience not having it there!
  16. Lianeb Augur

They were in yesterday 12/7
  17. Xanbar Augur

what is "TS" Questline?

A sequence of "Trade Skill" quests or something else ?
  18. Riou EQResource

It's like the Crestra's Earring chain in RoS, but more involved this time
  19. Goofydoofy Journeyman

Excellent choice! I would rather wait an extra month for something so it can work as intended and give the best experience. As a side note, I didn't even know there was a TS quest-line! Ack!!
    klanderso likes this.
  20. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Actually, there are ALOT tradeskill quest series ingame.
    - Earring of the Solstice
    - The Artizan's Prize
    - Eron's Jewelry
    - Crestra's Earring
    - Coldain Shawl series (there are actually three series which need to be completed in order)
    - Coldain Ring
    - "Aid Grimel" quest series
    - Kitties from Luclin have cross-class tradeskill series, means each Vah'Shir class contributes a certain tradeskill to that series.

And I'm pretty sure I missed something ...
    Tucoh likes this.