Berserker DPS

Discussion in 'Melee' started by kenshon, May 29, 2019.

1. OverZerks New Member

what is everyones opinion on weapon ratio vs weapon dmg? I have always went off of Ratio but am now questioning that maybe just going with weapons with higher dmg and longer delays
  2. Cadira Augur

According to some of the most experienced zerks I have talked to, higher delay benefit more from hhe, lower delay (higher ratio usually) will out perform if you don't have hhe. So in most/all raid situations a higher delay usually trumps higher ratio. If you're religiously devoted to min maxing, you would watch when you have a hhe going and swap 2hb in there and swap piercer in when you have none.

The math doesn't seem to support this as far as I can tell but due to games rounding and possibly mechanics I don't know about it seems to be proven by parses to work as I've stated.

Nothing I've said do I claim to be the absolute truth, anyone feel free to correct me.
  3. Tolzol Augur

When DPS is your religion you do this.
    Cadira likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Kind of curious to hear what mechanic supports this, especially since there's only one 2H TBL challenger dmg weapon proc aug. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=135513 so if you're switching you have to out DPS the damage that proc brings over the secret dawn gem of devastation.
  5. Cadira Augur

Yeah I have no idea. If you reduce the delay of each weapon by...let's say bl dicho (one of...if not the best shared hhe?) And then divide each weapon's damage by the new found delay, the piercer still has a better ratio. Anyone who passed 6th grade math could tell you that without even looking at the numbers. So there's some damage calculating mechanic that I clearly don't know about working here.

As for the proc, I roughly parsed it at 500 ish DPS with NO aDPS on a few parses. Even if you quadruple that with adps (pretty sure that's hyperbolic) it's still only 2k DPS and I imagine the difference people are seeing in 2hb and 2hp far out weighs that. In an optimal raid situation I'm sure you have hhe more than you don't (quick time has 40% up time? Each zerk has two min of warcry, bl dicho, blinding fury) and would put the proc Aug on the 2hb anyways as they're using it more than not (if not always for convenience).
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Daedly Augur

I had to go back through this thread to see what you could possibly be responding to.... And I am still lost...
  7. IRarelyComeHere New Member

War Cry of the Braxi was changed to Braxi's Howl. There was nothing in the patch notes about it for the live patch on the 18th. Just happened to notice and thought I'd share.
  8. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Braxi was changed awhile ago, and it was in the patch notes.
  9. redline Lorekeeper

Talzol, is possible to get zerkline access to the eqzerker boards? I think I got it all in there.. minus the magelo link..
  10. IRarelyComeHere New Member

eepok and Szilent like this.
  11. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Nope, that's merely went it was pushed to live post ToV. It was on test as of 10 December, and if you bothered to be on beta for ToV it was patched there even earlier then that.

And it was clearly communicated on beta the change was coming.
  12. Tucoh Augur

So uhh, before i make 3x T3 weapons for my berserkers, is there any DPS impact of a given weapon speed besides additional rampage damage from slower weapons?
  13. Daedly Augur

Like someone else said, the basic math points towards the low delay weapon. That being said, the slow high damage weapon seems to be the best to use during burns. Don't know what the mechanic behind that is however.
  14. Daedly Augur

Which reminds me. I really wish they would make the weapon damage augs "lore equiped"....
    Syylke_EMarr, Szilent and Riou like this.
  15. Tolzol Augur

If you will take that extra step to bandolier you want both piercer and blunt. To maximize dps you would want to bandolier to blunt for rampages and any time you get RF/dicho from a bst. If you are unwilling to do this than yea just roll with the piercer.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Cool, I'll make the piercers. But just for my edification and for posterity, what about lower delay weapons makes them generally better, and what about higher delay weapons makes them better when you have dichotomic fury / ruaabri's fury?
  17. Derka Power Ranger

Higher damage weapons benefit more from flurry because that is just extra hits, not really affected by delay/ratio. Much like higher damage weapons are better for tanking because of riposte hits. RF/DICHO add flurry chance. I would say there is also an argument for debuffs that increase incoming damage from blunt weapons as well.
  18. Tolzol Augur

Most of a berserker's dps comes from crit damage, the ratios are so close (yes piercers ratio is slightly higher) that you do not notice a difference in swings with dicho/RF going. At this point the benefit from big damage (which in turn means bigger crits) will overtake that slight bump in ratio. And thats without the increase chance to flurry as Derka pointed out above. All this being said this is literally just a min/maxxing thing and i don't anticipate too many people to actually do it.
  19. Behelit Augur

HHE is factored before haste but applied after, as such the 36 delay 2hb benefit more from HHE and with DF/RF pull ahead of the 2hp ever so slightly or close the ratio gap to such a degree the higher max hit from the 2hb wins out particularly on burns.
  20. Tanols Augur

With the way EQ formulae round up/down the ratio on a 35/36 delay weapon ends up better than that of a 30/32 delay weapon when HH is factored into the equation. Yes I'm repeating what B said lol ... note to self read replies before you type your own answer :p
    For general purposes lower delay = more swings = more crits = more damage.