Server Suggestion to revitalize everquest.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Perkunas, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Perkunas Journeyman

I would love to see an Alternate Timeline progression server.

What is an Alternate Timeline Progression server you might ask?!?

We start in EQ Classic and move on a 6 week basis from EQ Classic to Velious to Kunark.
    But what happens next is the shocker!!!
    We eliminate Luclin and Planes of Power.

I would like to see expansions made to promote the lore change and timeline change. We would instead of creating Luclin introduce the Vahshir as a exile community of cats in the Karanas by the Nexus spires we would destroy the spires as they are exiled to Norrath. They would encompass the Gypsy camps and build their city in South Karana, They can forge an alliance with the aviaks but thats just an idea for keeping the race.

The next are the Frogloks we can create lore on how they left Ykesha and leave it at that.

This timeline can include all races the point of this timeline shift is to remove the portal zones of Nexus and Plane of Knowledge to make the world feel large again and create immersion.

Its just an idea a very loose idea right now that would appreciate feedback and input to expand it.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

On behalf of the TLP forums I'm sorry.
    Nennius, Robnie, Diptera and 8 others like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

:rolleyes:

Wrong forum!
  4. Lufnis New Member

I think what might bring new players in, is having a quality of life server. Introduce eating and drinking, like wow. Where it doesn't take long (20 sec at most) to regen mana/hp. Make it so that you auto learn spells. And, make it with no-drop rules like FV.

Though I love EQ for what it is, this would help with the new generation of players.

Oh, and update the graphics again.
  5. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

With the amount of time I spend slumming around down there, I feel like I kinda had it coming.
  6. Duder Augur

I think we should do a backwards TLP, start in ToV and work back to orgininal. Camp the last expansions loot to prepare for the current one to be closed.
  7. smash Augur

And you are ofc. willing to cover the expenses for all of those, hiring a lot of new devs and so so.

But wait, that is not what a tlp server is build, a tlp server is build upon old content, NOT new ones, which means the things are rather cheap to put up,

And there no magic wand that can do what you want, the thing you suggest is 2-3 expansions, and nobody would do that.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

As a dream what if great idea. I don't think its practical in today's EQ situation though. Nothing wrong with posting about it though so thank you for sharing.
    Shanarias and Duder like this.