Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Greymantle Augur

Couple things i would not mind seeing. Bags that are purchased with group/raid currency. Lose the lore tab.
    On the subject of raid/group currency , the ability to convert/exchange. DOWN only, ie Raid to group, current expansion to previous expansion .Raid to raid / group to group Again downgrade only.
  2. Drampire New Member

Disable seizure shield flashing graphics!
  3. Greypalm New Member

I don't really know if this is quality of life. . . but it has been on my mind for a long time and I'm honestly not sure if I like it or hate it.

The mercenary system is an unexplored area for MMORPGs and I truly think it's a missed opportunity for EQ. I would like to see the mercenary system expanded to include all characters on your account which would level with you. They would never be as good or intelligent as an actual player but I remember thoroughly enjoying tweaking my parties behavior and spell priority in games like Dragon Age. I don't know how they could do it with the massive bloat of AAs or if it's even possible with the EQ engine. However, I do know that I would absolutely love having my own little group of characters that I could customize and configure basic AI for while I focus on playing the party leader.

Why I hate it. . .
    It doesn't really encourage people to group but maybe with more flexible mercenaries you could fill groups with two people and still tackle challenging content with your own little band of misfits. I also don't know if this would change the spirit of EQ. However, players already isolate themselves by boxing and limited mercenaries already exist.

Why I like it. . .
    I love party management games (e.g. Final Fantasy, Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age, Divinity Original Sin) and I really feel like this could spark some renewed interest in EQ. I would gladly pay Subscription +$3-$4 extra per additional custom player mercenary if that meant I could log on for 30 minutes - 2 hours and tackle some fun stuff by myself on the weekdays. I just don't have the time to deal with multiple accounts and finding groups like I used to.

I personally no longer enjoy high level EQ and find it to be a headache. The extreme amount of active AAs, dozens of clickies, tomes, and spells is confusing as hell and the enemy damage is scaled up so high that I can't enjoy the game like I used to. The Mercenary system is such a tease because I can see the potential for it to improve the experience for me but I don't think this sort of change will ever happen or even if it should happen.
  4. Steppinn New Member

With quite a few servers doing multi-guild raids, I would like us to get the use of Raid Banners. This way everyone in raid ( no matter what guild they are in ) could use these to get to the raid.
    Ratbo Peep and Svann2 like this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Because even the people who already pay for more then one account might stop doing that?

Why lose an expanson sale and the cost of a second account from someone?

I'd be willing to buy a brand new car at 60% off I think I will call a dealership and see if they are into that.
    Zamiam likes this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Id like to be able to increase the font size of the raid event messages that appear in the middle of the screen.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  7. Feldwebel87 Journeyman

Sorry for making a suggestion. I was thinking more along the lines of hundreds of more people getting into boxing because of the reduced price, but there's no way that would make sense to the company it sounds like.

Sounds like I struck a tender spot for those with multiple accounts. It was a suggestion that in my mind makes sense, but I guess the bottom line is how much they would lose out on.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Oh nothing wrong with making suggestions. I just disagreed with your logic. No biggie. :)

Oh and no nerve struck. Just thought you might want to consider that DBG could lose a lot of money if they added that because existing boxers would use it too not just the people who can't afford another 7-10 bucks on top of the 5 you suggested.

Important thing to consider when making pricing suggestions is what does daybreak gain and lose in the suggestion. While it would be great if they just took suggestions that saved us money and cost them income I don't think it is very realistic.

Sorry if I struck a nerve when I responded. It's the whole interactive forum thing people post and they get responses.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  9. Feldwebel87 Journeyman

I think it could make sense for them if there was an absolutely staggering amount of people that would jump on the deal to the point where it outweighed the multiple people with multiple accounts plus the lost expansion sales. I will admit I have no idea how many would be required to break even, but I'm also not disagreeing that it would be a lot and not worth it ultimately. I did take into consideration what would be in it for DBG, but not everything I didn't consider like expansion sales.

As to the 7-10 bucks as opposed to 5, I am not sure what you mean as my subscription is 15. I guess that's if you pay the yearly rate?

The thing about the car dealership was a little haughty tbh. Point taken, but that's not comparing apples to apples.
  10. Berkwin Elder

Pay one time fee for people to play Agnarr anything to bring people there to bolster its population, that's all at this point in time.
  11. Zamiam Augur

yearly subs work out to be $10 a month .. if they purchased a year membership when they put them on sale a few years back for i think was 79? that would work out to be about $6.58/month ..

Im all for the multiple boxing platform from 1 account :p but I understand DBG's need to make money so know that it will not happen ..

I hope they put lifetime membership back up after ToV release :p i would buy 1 or 2.. I missed out on last one
  12. Angahran Augur

Suggested this before, but here it is again.
    Some way to 'link' accounts into a 'family'.
    Sort of like a real world fellowship.

Then, allow players to log one character into the world for each account in the group, BUT not specifically one character per account.

E.g.
    You have three linked accounts.
    You could log in one character from each of the accounts.
    or
    two characters from one account and one from another.
    or
    three characters from a single account.
    Daedly, Kaenneth, Raccoo and 2 others like this.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Chat windows filter menu should be alphabetized.
  14. Raccoo Augur

Add a button to NPC vendors to toggle showing only their default items, so the trash people sell to them don't clog up the window.
  15. RPoo Augur

A broader range of hair colors to choose from.
  16. Ravanta Suffer Augur

All chat filters to work. (Some do not get disabled where there's an option to disable them, and some that could be disabled to not have an option to do so)

An increase to the number of spell sets. 30 is a lot for many classes, but others can use much more, especially if they are raiding characters, that also do old content.

In game audio alerts to support .mp3 Converting notification files to .wav is easy, there's a variety of tools to do it and have been for ages...but one of the reasons why some people don't use in game audio alerts is because they are 75 years old and don't know how.

Better support for higher resolution displays. Various aspects of the UI work just fine with higher resolution monitors. But it's a serious fight to get all areas of the UI to be readable if you're on a 4k monitor. I personally bought a 27 inch 2560x1440 monitor solely for EQ just because of this. Ugh.

A new setting for /shownames. 1 = first names. 2 = first/last name. 3 = first/last/guildname. 4 = everything. 5 = title and first name. 6 = title/firfst/last name. It would be really nice for there to be an option to show first name, and guild tag only.

Optional abbreviated guild tags. If your guild name is Legion of Pretty Pink Prancing Ponies, everyone is going to refer to your guild as LPPP. And that's cool. It would be nice if a guild could set their own abbreviated guildname, and people could have a command to display that, instead of the full guild name. Both this one, and the prior one is a minor benefit, most people of course just play with /shownames 1 on. But I wonder how many would play with /shownames 7 to show first name and guild name, if the guild tag was also shortened?

All zerg pets should be optionally invisible to all players. And for the hate of Innoruuk, necro wake the dead pets should just be summoned as skeletons. Yeah, let's just make this one happen for obvious reasons!
    Winnowyl likes this.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Detrimental and non-illusion Beneficial clicky key rings
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Things like the shared bank make that a nightmare.
  19. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Dramatically increase the number of buff blocks.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Tyke666 New Member

Dunno of its been mentioned in the previous 83 pages and CBA to read them all to find out:
    1) Chat windows marked as locked should have a confirmation warning when you accidentally hit the tiny close window icon. I hate having to reset all my filters and default channel on windows I didn't mean to close.
    2) When you buy a portal stone in the guild hall, let it stay on cursor instead of going to bags. You are invariably going to hand the stone straight back to the vendor!
    3) A new AA - Mastery of Gate - for 2000 AAs that stops a stupid Gate collapse ever happening again. You would have thought by level 115 that an expert spell caster would have mastered a level 5 spell!