new expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Barbwarrior, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Barbwarrior Augur

dont buy it untill we get raids
  2. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    Duder and Lisard like this.
  3. Tappin Augur

It's ok to buy it... but no reason for many to sub prior to raids.
  4. Dewey Augur

We get raids after the first month. Your way over exaggerating the mechanism...

To me it sounds like your that quarter of a year player. You play the game, do the raids and log off for the rest of the year. If that is your play style then fine. For those that like to do the expansion, get the collects(not from the bazzar), do hunters, etc... Then we will be fine with waiting a month for raids.
  5. Barbwarrior Augur

just dont buy it till jan hurt their end of year total stupid idea from devs
  6. Cadira Augur

7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

DYK? WoW and FFXIV have no new raids at launch of expansions, so that players can enjoy the group content and that raids are tuned well once launched? There's an awful lot going well for those games, which millions of players are playing in. I think the 20 or 25k players in EQ can get by just fine for a bit.

I'll also ask you this question with what's going in on in the now: would you rather Dazarn complete his very ambitious work he's doing with AA's or should he just drop it to ensure raids are available at launch? Serious question. Would you be satisfied with no AA's? The work being done will quicken future development for AA's and will in the long run.

Second question in the now: Would you like Ngreth to work on itemization - which he has a FT of work to do yet - or be taken away to ensure we have launch day raids?

I can go on. You play an ancient game, with technology flaws. We can either deal with them or maybe the other two games I mentioned above are better suited to you. Of course, you still won't have launch day raids, so there's that!
    Duder and Elyssanda like this.
  8. Triconix Augur

I'm very happy there are no raids until after the holidays. It allows players to not feel forced to raid at a time normally devouted to family and friends. Also, it allows players to get acquainted with the expansion in a group setting, tuning their new stuff and working out their potentially new buttons without worrying about it affecting their performance on raids. It also gives players ample time to acquire new expansion items, levels, AAs before raiding. This stuff is tuned for 115 and heading into raids the night of release more than likely 98% of the users won't be 115.
  9. Barbwarrior Augur

launch aa in july
  10. Zolav Augur

People and their faulty logic..

So dont buy it, no one cares what you do, well maybe except for your guild who is counting on you to help with progression and to level so you can be ready for raids.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We are over due AAs for TBL waiting till July is stupid.

Raids is just 1 month after launch, gives everyone a chance to level and gain a few AA.
  12. Barbwarrior Augur

makes as much sense as holding off raids now people forced to aa and level during dec
  13. Fian Augur

I have a problem with this logic. EQ Dev team has known when the next expansion was going to be released (before Christmas) before they started the new expansion release dev cycle. The fact that they are behind is on them, and players shouldn't be happy that things are being delayed due to planning issues on their part. It should also be noted that when they are behind schedule, it is a good time to look where they spent their time in the past year. The constant nerfs, for example, has always been a questionable use of time.

As for the OP, as others have said, if you are a year-round player, the delay of raids shouldn't factor in to whether you buy the new expansion or not. If you want to wait for raids, go ahead. The rest of us will enjoy leveling our characters and leaving you behind.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Tappin Augur

Since there isn't any group progression tied to raids, there is 0% reason for a true raider to care about the group content. It's not going take a month to get to 115. I don't see this working out.
  15. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

They aren't delaying raids because they won't be done or tuned. All of the raids are already on Beta and have had several tuning/bug passes. Sure, they probably still have tuning to do on them but they'll be ready at launch.

The reason for the staggered release is to push the "Race" till after the holidays. They also removed the flagging requirements for higher tiers, so guilds don't have to bench the same players every week during flagging.

Overall, I like the idea of delaying the raids. My only concern/problem is what time will the content go live? If they do it like CoTF was with the staggered release, we will have the raids going live at Midnight PST which is 3 AM for EST based guilds. Now the "Race" in the early tiers will go to whoever wakes up in the middle of the night to beat them at launch.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Khat_Nip Meow

They already stated in an earlier reply that they are looking at ~9am PT.

Edit to add quote:
    Sokki likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Other evoliving items and augs will be something raiders will want to do. Just because there isn't any progression you cannot say there won't be things true raiders will want. Not to mention AA, there is more to EQ than raids and levels.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  18. grusuum New Member

don't feed the trolls
  19. Tappin Augur

There behind schedule - My guess is something had to be cut to make release for this year. With all the PTO scheduled for the holidays, it kind of makes sense to trade raid progression for a staggered release.

Evolving items isn't itself enough incentive to rush out and do group conent, not when you have a whole year to do it.

Sure there are always people who want to be first on everything, but most of us have RL and jobs.

I cannot see this working. If we get another expansion, I willing to bet it will have raid progression.
  20. Shoryuureppa Journeyman

I would rather see more changes overall, new mechanics, new unique abilities that makes each class shine even more, hell, maybe add in a really good storyline that captures you in that you want to progress and see everything unfold, I think changes like that will give upcoming expansions more interest.

I know this has to be a troll post, but if raids are your only concern, then come back after a few months the xpac drops so you can start raiding asap.