Aradune TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Naturalist, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Tachya Elder

Remember that whole thing about inter dependency of the classes, so people would work together? A server where everyone plays their own self sufficient box army couldn't be father from Brad's vision for EQ. If you want to push for a box server, fine, but that shouldn't be the Aradune server.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Making an easy-WOW'y TLP in "honor" of Brad would be a joke.

As mentioned immediately, his Vision was what made early EQ what it is today... what Pantheon was supposed to be a revival of.

Having said that, I'd like a FV TLP while we wait for Pantheon.
  3. Kontra Augur

Free Trade TLP would be cool, I'll admit it...but don't dishonour Aradune's legacy by naming it after him please
  4. Hateseeker Augur

I like grindy and hard, but also free trade and instancing so that there's no indirect PvP/content blocking. Make the encounters hard on their own merits, and instancing is the best way to do that by limiting the number of players that can participate. if you want your game to have PvP let it have direct PvP, players fighting each other. Don't have toxic pseudo pvp of players DPS racing and permacamping/KSing.

For myself, another run through EQ requires Selo unlock speed (maybe 6 weeks instead of 1 month), Selo rare bonus, free trade and AOC.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I like this idea best I think, it could randomly turn up in old world zones and tell you some lore.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Naturalist Lorekeeper

In what world does spending thousands of hours grinding in the same spot equal fun or challenging game play? It's not.

Being able to do the progression in each expansion and actually get decent gains while doing so... Now that equals fun in my book. All you people claiming you know what his exact wishes might be are blinded by your own arrogance.

It's comical really to see the responses as if a TLP in his honor regardless of rule set wouldn't just be a cool thing. Instead we see the usual suspects who must know him on a deep personal level based on these responses.
  7. Naturalist Lorekeeper

So someone else having an opinion on honoring someone qualifies as an "agenda" in your book? Ok, glad we've cleared that up.

Now if you could possibly learn to simply respect the fact that other human beings on earth have opinions that may be different from yours you'll get along in life a lot better I think.

Just think, you didn't even have to post your negativity. But you did.
  8. Delphwind Augur

That is literally the opposite of what I think of when considering an Aradune TLP.

Aradune ruleset
    Free Trade -
    1/4x XP full time -
    2x rare spawn full time -
    Reduced lockouts full time -
    True Box On, and fully IP locked so that you can only have one toon, even if on another box -
  9. Jontrann Augur

It's been said countless times but this is NEVER going to happen as too many spouses play EQ together and daybreak doesn't have the resources to do an exemption process like p99 does.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

There really should be an in-game memorial. Aradune was a Human Ranger, maybe a statue in Surefall Glade of his Green Plate PoFear armor and flaming 2hander.
    Meridian and Jaylin like this.
  11. Jaylin Augur

I would not suggest naming a server after him. Have you seen the amount of posts fighting on every single TLP server that exists. People will post they hate it, people will post that something should be change. People will demand that they change the rules down the road. People will post about it dying, and being a ghost town. Super uplifting stuff... i guess he can die twice..... If you google Aradune, the top results you would get at that point would be bickering posts on various forums.

If you want to memorialize him, do it ingame with something permanent. Not an npc that be killed by griefers. If it was an npc, it would have to be a noncombat npc. I think a statue somewhere very classic would be appropriate.

Another would be to give him that gravestone from the classic tutorial and put it in a memorial place. You could even turn one of the gravestones in shadowrest into it. Since i believe you can still get there.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Iyacc Augur

How about a long quest that you do - run to bunch of different zones, collect some easy enough to get stuff(no drop of course) from easy kills and a few exploration points. Just send you all over for a few hours of old school zone visiting and muffin hand offs and the at the end you get a cool reward that doesn't effect combat so much as just a minor effect or toy. Call it Aradune's Blessing and maybe you get a once a day minor buff that has some cool effect but cant be used in combat, or a little pet that follows you around and says "You're in our world now!"

Make it fun but give it an old school EQ feel for the quest.
  13. jeskola pheerie

I feel like Aradune would be disappointed by a server with a DOA ruleset.
    Naturalist likes this.
  14. Rothj Augur

You people are unreal... you twist everything around to be what you want things to be like. He made the original game to be intentionally hard, as well as vanguard, as well as pantheon. All the easy mode free hand outs are a different game entirely built towards casual players. That's YOU, but that doesn't apply to everyone. The target audience for the games brad makes like harder and slower games.
  15. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
    Skuz and tofu stir fry like this.
  16. Naturalist Lorekeeper

Uhh what had happened was... I necroed this thread and yes, he probably would be disappointed by this DOA ruleset!

They did make an Aradune server though, too bad they didn't use this set of rules. Bad call on their part I think. They could have used this for the Rizlona server also, as a kind of opposite server to Aradune. That would have been well received.