Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Bigger font in game overall - not just hot bars or that lame /chatfont
  2. Cuuthbert Augur

All I want for Christmas is to have the Selo's AA equal
    Selo's Accelerato
    so that it would put us at our fastest run speed.
    Bobokin and Jennre like this.
  3. Risiko Augur

Since I'm back for a while, I might as well add some more of my wishes.

1. In-game memorial for Brad 'Aradune' McQuaid
    2. Augment window (see below)
    3. Add mount sit and regular sit animation to all available illusions - if you pay for an illusion, you should be able to at the very least sit on a mount while using that illusion. $7.50 (750dbc) for an illusion that only has standing and fighting animations is a bit much
    4. Add an expansion window (see below)
    5. Have the UI COPY feature copy everything including chat windows, hotbar button sizes, and chat filters (these three items currently don't get copied)
    6. Allow each account the ability to save at least 1 UI to the server that can be applied to their client at any time (helps with crash recovery when you have to re-install the game or buy a new computer)
    7. /Testcopy and /Betacopy copies the UI along with the user, so you don't have to spend time setting up your character when going to test something on the Test or Beta server
    8. Tradeskill Request system (see below)

Augment Window
    • Tab on the Inventory window
    • Grid showing all aug slots with their currently equiped augs
    • 3 stat columns with drop-down to choose stat. This way, if you are trying to figure out the best setup of augs based on your 3 most important stats, you can see which augs help those stats in particular
    • Click on aug to get a pop up window showing the details of aug
    • Click two slotted augs, and click SWAP button - 1. checks to see if you have the needed destiller, 2. if not, displays distiller you need to purchase, 3. if you do have it, it swaps the two augs between their current slots
    • Click one slotted aug, and click REPLACE button - pops up window with all augments in your bags that can fit the slot. Click one, and it replaces the currently slotted aug with the one you chose in your bags. If you don't have the distiller to make the swap, it tells you and doesn't allow the swap
    • Click an empty aug slot, and click PLACE button - pops up window with all augments in your bags that can fit the slot. Click one, and it slots it in that augment slot

Expansion Window
    • Window that has a full list of all expansions to date
    • Click on an expansion, and get further details
    • Display a general synopsis of the lore behind the expansion (why it happened, whats going on, etc)
    • Display entry point(s) to access the hub zone for the expansion
    • Display list of above world zones
    • Display list of dungeons
    • Display list of raid zones
    • Display suggested minimum level requirements for each zone/dungeon/raid
    • Display list of main quested items for the expansion (example: Kunark = Epics, Velious = Coldain Ring/cloak/etc) (link to achievements window where available)
    • Display key/flag requirements for each zone/dungeon/raid (link to achievements window for each one that has a corresponding achievement)

Tradeskill Request System
    • NPC in the Plane of Knowledge that allows you to make and complete tradeskill requests
    • As an adventurer, allow me to put in up to a certain number of requests for crafted items, and put a deposit down of what I will pay for it
    • As a crafter/harvester, allow me to fulfill requests and collect payment from tradeskill request npc
    • Example: John Doe adventurer needs 50 potions of awesomeness. He goes to the Tradeskill Request NPC, and creates a request for 50 x potion of awesomeness, and offers to pay 1000 plat for the order. His order stays in the system for up to one week with the length of time determining how much the Tradeskill Request NPC charges him for the service. A crafter comes along later, and finds the request, makes the items, and turns them in to the NPC to get rewarded with the 1000 plat (and possibly some sort of Crafting Guild token(s) for providing service in the realm that they can use later to purchase crafting supplies/recipes/whatever.
    Petalonyx and Fredescu like this.
  4. Oquni Journeyman

I complained and complained many a times for this but finally got it now want the reverse:

- our Gift of Life spell that was nulled out of existence into an actual combat / non-combat 96% rez (for Paladins)
  5. Roartyger Smoot Elder

An update button for the Bandolier. It gets a little clunky to be out doing stuff and get a new bow, weapon or range slot item. I already have the bandolier named. It gets to be a hassle typing it in again and having to get used to the various ways of saving certain things. Spell sets can be updated and saved quickly. One lets you use spaces and the other doesn't. It's a real mindf um I mean mindhead.
  6. Pikollo Augur

Default bags. Meaning you can set a bag where your weapons go when you use bandolier. Also you can set a bag food and drink are used when you auto eat.
    AcemoneyFV and Angahran like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ability for wizzys and druids to convert port clickies to spells the same way enchanters can create illusion clickies to spells.
    Angahran and Szilent like this.
  8. Feldwebel87 Journeyman

Allow boxing on one account. Plenty of people do it and it seems to be a requirement on live if you want to solo most classes, so why not create an account add on for a small additional fee?
  9. Blastoff Augur

Group DI, aa decession, lock all /unlock all ui button
  10. Zamiam Augur

im not sure what you mean here ?

I box from 1 PC, but I have Multiple accounts up to box .. I cant box multiple toons from 1 account .
    I box multiple toons from multiple accounts up thru 1 PC ..
  11. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

He means plenty of people box. He wants to be able to buy an add-on that allows 2 (or more, I presume, for a higher fee) characters from a single account to be played.

I'd get behind this, tbh, or them taking the time to get account to account transfers going again. One or the other.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Feldwebel87 Journeyman

Exactly this. Why pay for two accounts? Why not instead just allow two characters at a time through an add on option. An additional 4.99 or so seems reasonable.

Sure, DBG makes money from those that pay for multiple accounts, but for a lot of people that's not an option. I don't want to pay for two accounts and buy two copies of the expansion. However, I would pay for two characters for 4.99.
  13. Zamiam Augur

oh cause it looked like he was suggesting that people already do box multiple toons from 1 account ..

I would get behind this also , but I highly doubt it will ever happen ..
  14. Zamiam Augur

why would they give this ADD ON (if they could) for less than the amount of another sub ? doesnt make sense from their standpoint ..

if they were to do this . I would guess that they would charge 14.99 for the cost of a sub .. sense they would probably be loosing a sub by doing it ..
  15. Feldwebel87 Journeyman

Why would they? They most assuredly won't for the reasons you stated. Maybe if enough people got the add on, like 2x to 3x as many as the number of those with more than one account, than it would be beneficial for them. I know, it's probably just a dream :(

If 300 people have more than one account, then they would need 900 or so to make up for that. But if enough people liked the idea and 2,000 bought the add on, then it would make sense.
  16. Risiko Augur

I would rather they just made it so that I could load the game ONCE, and control all three of my accounts at the same time from that ONE game client. It would be so nice to only have 1 copy of the game running rather than 3 copies running at the same time.
  17. Zamiam Augur

your math doesnt make sense!

I have 12 accounts (granted I dont play all 12 at once) I usually play between 4 and 6 accounts at a time .. 4 out of those 12 accounts are ALL ACCESS all the time .. the other 8 accounts are random throughout the year..

depending on the expansion I'll usually buy between 2 and 6 expansions 1 premium and 6 standard (premium for Main account) now on a bad expansion like TBL I didnt buy the expansion when it came out but when they went on sale at 50% off I bout 1 premium and 6 standards thats approx 150 bucks(rounding down) ..

monthly subs not including my 4 all access accounts @ min 40 a month max 60 ..
    my 4 all access accounts @ 120 x 4 = 460 / year
    my 8 other accounts @ 120 / year roughly

so lets do the math and this is just a minimum
    yearly subs @ 580
    year expansions @ 150
    misc DBC/yearly @ 100
    * Doll of characters
    * spell rank add on
    * Quest add on
    * misc splurge buys in Market
    between all 12 accounts

total minimum spent on 12 accounts $830 per year

Now
    lets say the Dev's implement this multiple boxing on same account for 4.99 (that what you suggested) per extra toon so lets say they let you do this up to 2 additional toons so i can box from same account 3 toons (my 1 main toon for paying the $10 bucks and 2 add ons at $5 x 2 = 10
    so for $20 bucks i can box 3 toons now .. for a boxer that boxes 6 i would still need 2 accounts ok np there . so now its $40 bucks for 2 accounts for 6 boxable toons

my $460/year subs now go to $260 - 240 yearly sub plus the 10 bucks for addons per account =$20
    my 10 other accounts @120 $'s gone dont need them anymore cause I can box everything from my 2 Main accounts now .

Expansions :

my 2 main accounts sense I can box from 2 accounts now i'll prolly splurge and buy the premium when they go on sale for $140 (70 x 2) so expansions might be a wash , however if its a good expansion and I end up buying the standard at launch and not waiting till the sale then now you have $210 dollars that EQ misses out on ..

misc DBC @100 gone wont need that as my 2 accounts would be all access all the time ..

and this is just from 1 person .. if you say there are 300 peeps who box multiple accounts . and like you say if 300 peeps have multiple accounts why would 2000 peeps buy the add on ?

no .. I think DBG would loose way more money than they would gain by doing this ..
    dont get me wrong I would be all for it ... would save me a bunch of money :p but that is not how corporate america works sad to say ..
    sorry for the xtra long post
  18. Feldwebel87 Journeyman

12 accounts! Wow that's a lot. I had to make some assumptions there, but yeah if there are more than 2 accounts, it would take a lot more add ons. Then, like you said, there's the purchase of the expansion packs.

Oh well, one can dream.
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I’d like to see them create some infrastructure where you can set yourself a Master or Main account on the Daybreak website.

From this Main account you can send out Box account requests, if your box account it toggled to accept such a request, you receive an email to your box account’s associated email and enter some code indicating you agree for your account to permanently be considered a box account of your main.

From then on you are able to benefit from being able to handle all subscriptions, expansion purchases, and receive all daybreak/EQ associated emails and correspondences through your one main account.

Also because you have agreed to permanently link accounts, enable account-account character transfers between linked accounts only. This prevents situations where people transfer characters off to sell. You would only be able to transfer between accounts you’ve already set up to be permanently linked.

As a dreaming man I’d also like to see linked accounts benefit from being able to use the highest veteran AA tier associated with your main account. IE if my main account has 10 years and I want to roll a new box, I can do that and the new box account instantly gets access to 10 years of veteran AAs since I earned them on my main account.

It would also be nice for Marketplace purchases to be bought from a universal wallet. So if I buy daybreak bucks or I claim the 500/month from gold access they are merged together under a single wallet.

Also consider offering different subscription plans for people with 2+ linked accounts. Currently with your access to 6-12-24 month subscription plans maybe add a 2-account, 12 month subscription plan for $1/month/account reduction from the current rates to encourage someone get a box account subscribed? Or whatever is deemed economically viable. Or maybe a 2-account, 12 month subscription plan offers 1 free account to account transfer per year, or some other perk that would incentivize subscribing on two accounts.

In summary, the game is very reliant on boxing and the back-end infrastructure still requires completely separate accounts and hasn’t be updated to reflect the fact that many people are juggling multiple different accounts. It would be nice to make it more user friendly to add additional accounts and manage them.
    Metanis likes this.
  20. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Skip to 11:25. There already is an Aradune in-game memorial. For anyone who paid close attention to the detail in the original EverQuest tutorial, I think it’s actually a fitting memorial for him. For anyone too hard for sight to read it:

Here lies Aradune the Green. His flaming sword was a beacon to all.