One Death, Then Reroll, TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Berkwin, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Berkwin Elder

Just a thought, base expansions on server average. if the server average manages to get the next expansion unlocked then you progress. if it doesn't well. say hello to permanent classic hehe. oh and then it wont matter if it is true box or not....
  2. RibbitDivot New Member

Yeah, let's have a server that's mostly unpopulated after a week...
  3. Berkwin Elder

Please, its called looking out for people while you play. not a hard concept. I guess people don't do that anymore do they? make sure to work as a team and stuff? in a group kind of mmo.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

What?
    Alekzandre likes this.
  5. Fire_Wiz New Member

This happened already, it was called the Discord server pre Gates of Discord. PVP and one death, talk about hardcore. Qvic armor sets are the name-sake of each person of that class who made it to 65 at that time.

tl;dr
    Been there, done that.
    VandilIzer likes this.
  6. Berkwin Elder

I never had a chance to play it but this would be slightly different in the essence that there would be no PvP
  7. Machen New Member

It would be a gimmic server, just a Discord was. No one would play on it permanently. You would not unlock Kunark--who would spend dozens of hours leveling up toons just to take the death touches from various mobs you would have to defeat? There is a LOT of death in classic eq raiding, even when you are overpowered compared to the content and do everything right.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

9. Laronk Augur

A server like this pretty much requires pvp as people will otherwise just grief each other with trains and what not. Also everquest isn't a solo game, I could see people intentionally allowing people to die in their group.

A server like this would have problems getting thru plane of sky, you would have to sacrifice multiple 46+ characters just to beat fear.

If you want a server like this it has to be an event server like discord was or like quarm was, people will put work into an event server knowing its temporary. I think this server would otherwise be a bust. There could be rewards for every 5 level achievement.
  10. garrass New Member

11. Montag Augur

This would be cool if the exp rate was literally 100 times faster than live.
  12. Alekzandre Augur

Not to mention people intentionally training you to kill you or CMing you to cause you to die. Troll Land for sure.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Raids that have death touch mechanics will be problematic.
    kenmei likes this.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

You've already got Miragroll!
  15. Gootak New Member

Looking out for people? more like. "stay out of camps or get trained and lose characters". Let alone competing for camps, people would just take out competition as an "accident". Not that I would do that however there is not a single doubt those malicious players will always exist.
  16. Machen New Member

Judging from the Discord server, there's very little trust between players when permadeath is on the line. Even if you think you wouldn't do it now, it becomes super easy to justify it in your mind when you realize if you don't bring an "accident" his way first, he almost certainly will bring one your way soon.
  17. jeskola pheerie

This guy's post is the type of post DBG puts on the screen in their conference room when coming up with ideas like Miragul. They probably think he has hidden genius in his madness.
    Aenvar likes this.
  18. Nolrog Augur

You think it would last that long?
  19. Nolrog Augur

/facepalm. Then people would be max level max AAs in such a short amount of time they would complain that there is nothing left to do.
  20. AcemoneyFV Augur