{Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Briano, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No. The control for unlocks is the "Event" system and it has it's own calendar.

What it does is, the date comes up, it actually sets the variable I changed, (which is what design uses for many things) and another variable that code uses.
    The variable design uses has a date in it. The variable code uses is a bitmask of opened expansions. Design finds the "date" more useful than the bitmap, so, we use the one I changed :)
    Actually. That change was after about 5 hours of research. Yes we didn't make an immediate change because part of the research was "what is it doing now" and that is the post I made a bit back showing what it does.
    We then had to come to a team decision as to what to do in the future. The future change won't make the upcoming patch, but the decision allowed me to make the "band-aide" fix that the research showed me.

Time to get to do that 5 hours of research was difficult for me to pull out of everything I have to do, so I wasn't able to get the 5 hours available for a while (it was actually in two parts a 3 hour and 2 hour research binge on different days)
    So yes, we understand you felt it was urgent and immediate, but, unfortunately, I had many other servers to also consider, so... it took time to get available time.
    Briano, Machen, Rasputyn and 2 others like this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

What are the odds that it relocks after the patch tomorrow? ;)
    Kragin likes this.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Probably close to 0. But I do love learning about EQ, under the hood. Care to take a guess at what went wrong on Fippy Ngreth?
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Low, but non-zero :) I would say 1% :)
    Bobbybick likes this.
  5. Rainlover Augur

Thank you.
  6. RainbowCane Elder

Thank you for putting the time in and getting it done. Regardless of the amount of whining that goes on. We appreciate your efforts.