Can clerics please regain the title of top healers?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Kialya, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Danaleigh Elder

Put a muzzle on it ! In other words... SHUT UP ! Cleric and Shaman heals are just fine the way they are. The only priest class that could use a little boost in the healing department are the Druids.
    Teylana, Raccoo, kookoo and 4 others like this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

I remain convinced that clerics need a significant boost in healing across the board. I'm also convinced that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Clerics won't get any love this expansion unless we make our case. We don't need shiny but useless objects, we need our core abilities to be enhanced. And that's not taking anything away from any other class.
    Lannin, Kels and Raccoo like this.
  3. Fintank Augur

Clerics are still the best single target healers. This all just gets bogged down by overall numbers.

Realistically Spiritual Squall should have a twincast blocker or be changed from 3 waves to be a single 1 and done splash like cleric/pal counterparts. It's extremely overpowered when 1 ability combined with twincast allows you to basically ignore a large portion of event mechanics cause you can almost immediately heal through the damage as it happens (to 54 people). Or double the CD on it so coordination is actually involved and some amount of finesse is required to do what is essentially *ignoring* portions of events.

Ideally they should nerf shaman splash and give Druids 1 of similar value. This would help Druids out personally and keep raids relatively similar in how they function but require a smidge more effort in regards to ignoring event mechanics.

Bring back the need to be good at things instead of being super great at spamming 1 and oopsie poopsie topping heal parse.

Hi Pano!
    Cadira, yepmetoo, bbanz and 2 others like this.
  4. Daredilly Master

I thought this was a conversation about how to make Clerics better. Shamans are fine and have seen substantial nerfs over the past two years. Clerics need some love and enhancement.
    Raccoo likes this.
  5. Szilent Augur

I don't concede that it's somehow more representative of "skill" to scramble refilling hp bars whack-a-mole style after entirely anticipated damage comes in. Making a strat and having a whole raid follow that strat to empower appropriate tools to answer challenges is the very essence of EverQuest raiding. That some class other than ranger or cleric happens to deploy the tool appropriate for AE damage challenges doesn't make the tool OP and deserving of a nerf.
    Bigstomp, Raccoo and Sancus like this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

The parsing tool has changed and reports data differently.

Obviously shammys with their ae rains lead the heal parse.
    That is not saying clerics suck.
    That's saying shammys are healing many many people for small amounts of damage over and over.

That shammy may be winning the heal parse, but he's not the one making sure my tank doesn't die.

Everyone needs to take gamparse data with a grain of salt.
    It is parsing correct, but you need to add context to it to understand what it's actually telling you.
    Lannin and Szilent like this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

When devs nerf shaman squall so it is group only, who here is going to take the heat?
    eepok and Raccoo like this.
  8. kookoo Augur

good clerics with all the aa's available to boost their healing capabilities / mitigate damage /group heals, are still imo the best healers in game .

wouldn't mind to have cleric's and druid's alliance to be same ae heals range than shaman's one.
    druid alliance is a joke with that small ae range .
    Allayna likes this.
  9. grusuum New Member

It's already hard enough to get enough shamans to show up for raid ..When Shaman heals get nerfed into oblivion and you all end up with almost no shamans showing up on raids .. you will have nobody to blame but yourselves
    Raccoo likes this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This thread begs the question: When did they lose the title of top healer?

I play a shaman in my box group and I added a Cleric 6 months ago. It was actually work to keep the tank alive with Shammy (max AA, adamant gear) and Cleric Merc. With an actual Cleric in my box group healing a Warrior, the Shammy never has to heal. Ever. Adding a real Cleric was the best move I ever made with my box group.

Clerics are the Incredible Hulk of Healing Classes. And from my seat, they are so far ahead of all other healing classes that it's not even a competition. Relax.
    Teylana likes this.
  11. matouoli Elder

if parse is what matter for clerics in raid, they could ask MT tank to link who healed them the most.
  12. Kamor Lorekeeper

Two things.
    1) There will likely be no upgrade to Squall for ToV, this line is not normally given during a level increase expansion.
    2) The current Alliance spells do not work for 110+ heals.

The new expansion will be the nerf for both of these, no need to advocate for an even harsher one.
  13. matouoli Elder

well if they stop to do upgrades for alliance i won't complain .

most of the time i am the only shaman in raids, , and having to cast alliance on wars and some other tanks take me close to 1 min for a 4 min 55 sec. buff. so i need to recast every 4 min = not fun .
    Wulfhere likes this.
  14. Allayna Augur

50-70 million AH from our warriors on raids. Alliance is a nice gap filler for all the dmg output of the raids. A better solution would be to increase the range on the Druid and cleric ones....no clue why shaman is the best in range... and add AA focus to increase the duration out to 10 min.
  15. matouoli Elder

i would love that , at least cleric alliance got a decent range , druid alliance range is a joke .
  16. Wulfhere Augur

Scrap alliances and allow Druids to be priests again.
  17. Szilent Augur

Man I don't know what Alliances have to do with it, but "allow"? if shabby druids wanted to be shabby clerics instead, they'd already be playing clerics and slacking like the shabby clerics already do while complaining about "mercs took er jerbs".
  18. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

tradeoffs.... best in range, lowest in heal amount.

Cleric: middle healing, middle range - of course if they're re-upping alliance, they're not healing the MT.
    Shaman: lowest healing, highest range - sacrifice what, a couple mediocre dots? don't really lose a lot of healing re-upping.
    Druid: highest healing, unique effect, lowest range - do druids do anything while they're not healing? I thought they were deeps, but parses indicate otherwise =P. DS bonus should be changed to be a duration, and not limited by hits.

if they're going to increase the range on clr/dru,they need to increase the healing amnt on the shamans to keep it relevant. IMO make all 3 priest alliance heal for same amnt and same range.... and add a unique effect to both clr and shaman alliance... maybe give one a proc and the other a temp HP buff... and make the fulmination effects long enough duration (like 10min) that you can stack them.

something like that would encourage the priests to work together to maximize the effects of all 3 priest classes. it would also encourage all 3 to get to use their own alliances.
  19. Allayna Augur

It’s not really a comparison when one is less than half the range tho, 25’ is nothing.
  20. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

they're also about 1.5x the heal though.... and they get a DS bonus effect.
    i'm not saying they're the alliance of choice, and I clearly said I think they should change some stuffs.. but just making the range bigger on druids would create a whole new issue in that the shaman and cleric versions would be completely unused, because their heal amount is that much better... multiple changes are required to actually balance them.