{Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Briano, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Time-gating content on one expansion when prior expansions on the same TLP that could have been handled the same way but were not is simply lackadaisical in my view.

It looks like making excuses for not having done what was needed to fix the situation and passing it off as intentional.

4x the unlock speed but the same 1x xp rate, 1x aa rate, 1x loot rate (Underfoot excepted), & 1x currency rate as live - makes about as much sense as fish on bicycles.

Staggered releases on a TLP which was always supposedly designed to be a faster trip down nostalgia lane makes no sense, why is the TLP now suddenly intended to Evoke the same frustrations as the live servers had? We didn't have many of the problems the live servers had in the earlier expansions on TLPs because they cost the game players...

Have the devs not been working for 20 years to try & remove frustrations that are responsible for losing the franchise players? This retrograde philosophy is Anathema & probably somewhat disingenuous, if we must walk up the hill in the snow later in the TLP life cycle we should know that going in, otherwise you sold us a false promise.
  2. Gana Augur

So, I am seeing a goldfish or carp (orange in color with yellowish fins) with spectacles and a gray scarf pedaling on one of those old bicycles with the large front wheel and the small back wheel. Anyone else have that imagery?
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
    Gana likes this.
  4. Aziuno Augur

So Rain Of Fear is when Daybreak switched to Early Access model where they sell you unfinished content, and eventually get around to developing what you paid for?

Is that why you are staggering it, to remind your customers you don't finish developing content before you have us pay for it?

Should we expect this on all expansions going forward?
  5. jeskola pheerie

Time-gating ROF tiers is a more accurate representation of how things went down, but devs need to let go of "accurate representation" and leave that to those other servers. On TLPs, ROF should come out all at once, as should COTF. These are massive dead spots in tlp population, and eliminating these tiers within an expansion would help maintain population.
    Aziuno likes this.
  6. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

FYI - a Dev was able to confirm/enable the Shard's Landing stone, so at least that works now!
    Machen and Aziuno like this.
  7. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Further information:

Varrnu tells General:1, 'I'm not sure if this will work, but I moved the launch date back 3 weeks. I can't stay to observe, because I have a ton of thigs to do, but that should Unlock T3, and get T4 to unlock soon

Get ready boys and girls!
  8. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

It's live and confirmed, all T3/T4 zones active. Go enjoy the zones!

Thank you for the attention, we really do appreciate it. We're all very happy we don't have to wait a month!
    Machen likes this.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Thanks Ngreth.
  10. Machen New Member

Very curious now what happens when you beat it!
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Big thanks to the dev team for thinking this over & revising the schedule & to Ngreth taking time to come let us know he had made those changes.

Much appreciated.
  12. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

We've lit the signal fire, most heroes in T3/T4 done. It's normally not a raid night for us tonight, so at worst with poor turnout, it'll be tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

I guess I'll find out whether a T2 group-geared SK can tank T4 zone named. :)

In hindsight, I'm sort of glad I was forced to gear up in T2 for 10 days.
  14. Rasputyn Elder

Thanks for unlocking Tier 3 and 4. Much appreciated!
    Froger likes this.
  15. Rainlover Augur

What I am curious about at this point is if this was adjusted by making the server see RoF as having launched earlier. Will that cause WoTF?
  16. Briano Journeyman

Curious if changing the launch date on the back-end will effect the CoTF launch?

Edit: Oh, I guess this is the same question as the poster above is asking.
  17. Machen New Member

It is pretty funny that the fix is a five minute change done apparently on a whim without knowing even if it would work, and without the dev sticking around to confirm if it worked.

Not sure why they didn't just try that a week ago... Would have taken less time than Ngreth and Prathun spent replying to the threads over the past few weeks.
    Boze likes this.
  18. Froger Lorekeeper

ty for unlock, rof down
  19. Numiko Augur

He knew it worked, I was standing right next to him at the magus when he opened up the ports (I was handing in some faction shards). Port spells were on the merchant instantly and people were zoning into Plane of Shadow a minute later while he was still online chatting in general with us.

He mentioned the ports required 9000 shards to be handed in to unlock and we had done 6811 at that point. Said he would change that to 2400 on future TLPs
  20. Rasputyn Elder

Good changes, was nice to finish off RoF last night. Tier 3 and 4 events are definitely a little step up, mostly in terms of damage on the tanks and from AEs.
    It's nice that future TLPs won't have to wait quite as long to see all the content and have something as simple as the port stone to Shard's Landing.
    Good luck to the other guilds on Phinigel working through content. There's a lot of relevant raids right now, great time for people looking to return to the server.
    Froger and Skuz like this.