Date of Torment of Velious release?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Axxius Augur

So... it's Nov 14, and I hope Daybreak is considerate enough to give the players at least 1 month notice before the release. Which means... Dec 17 or 18? Launch, do some quick fixes in the first week, then enjoy the holidays. Makes sense.
  2. Zamiam Augur

im betting on the 31st .. :p (getting popcorn)
  3. bortage spammin lifetaps

I just checked talktotransformer and here's what it says:

"Torment of Velious is being released on June 20, 2012. If you haven't yet pre-ordered it, do so now before it's too late. Here's a preview of what the box set will include:
    (From the press release) Torment of Velious is a big, beautiful, and sprawling game that is full of lore and detail. This box set includes an exclusive digital art book and physical copy of the game. The art book contains hundreds of concept art pieces, full-page and half-page spreads, and sketches from the game's creators that reveal more of the game's story, characters, and environments. It also includes a new playable race"
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I think they should release new expansion on Sunday morning(any Sunday in Dec will be ok) at 2am in the morning. Let's see how people do when they are loaded\high\whatevs.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

You sir have a cruel streak. It reminds me of my favorite Simpsons bit:

BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  6. Nudia Augur

A tentative/expected (but not guaranteed) release date would still be pretty awesome, if any of you friendly red named folk have one!

Getting pretty close to not being able to have my PTO approved due to a lack of notice if it's closer to the 10th and that would just be sad.
  7. Zamiam Augur

I just have to.. :p

It's NUDIA's business

ok im done

why not just put in for the PTO for the 10th, 11th and 17th, 18th .. that way you have your bases covered ..
  8. Cicelee Augur

In all honesty, there is no rush this year since raids will not be available until January. Yes it will be fun to be one of the first to walk into the new expansion... until you realize you have already done that in Beta.

Feels like it is not as stressful as in year's past to know the release date, since getting a head start doesn't really give you much compared to the past.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

wut?
    Svann2 and Sancus like this.
  10. TheStugots Augur

While I understand what you’re saying, it doesn’t actually mean it’s the way we all feel.

I would really like to know the release date so I can schedule my time off the same as I do every year. The raid unlocking plays zero role in my game life : play time so there’s still the same importance this expansion as the previous ones.

Some of us like to grind 16 hour sessions and finish everything possible, within the group game, as quickly as we can. So, just because there’s no rush to raid for you, doesn’t mean there’s no rush to grind for me.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Nudia Augur

I am not interested in a head start or anything - a few friends and I enjoy taking a scheduled set of days off to enjoy the new content when it comes available, that's all.

I am happy about the raid tier changes, personally. I also want to play the first 3 days of release like I'm a teenager again.
    Tyrion_Povar and Yinla like this.
  12. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Your conclusion of "speculating this one will be released on a Tuesday is non sense" is nonsense. You clearly showed there is just as much of a reason to speculate the expansion drops on a Tuesday as there is it drops on a Wednesday.... sooo....... that's the opposite of nonsense.
    Sancus likes this.
  13. dreamweaver Community Manager

We will be announcing the release date of the expansion this coming Wednesday, November 27th.
    Axxius, Thunderkiks, Kontra and 6 others like this.
  14. Nudia Augur

That's a weird way to spell "tomorrow, November 22nd" for sure...

Thanks for the heads up!
  15. Tobynn Augur

Prediction: 11 Dec
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Krool Lorekeeper

Thanks for the update Dreamweaver!
  17. TheStugots Augur

Thank you, Dreamweaver!