TLP Population on Support Page

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wade_watts, Nov 17, 2019.

1. wade_watts Augur

Is the High/Medium/Low population on Server Status page legit? The new TLP has been low all weekend and I don't ever remember seeing a new TLP drop below high for weeks after launch - let alone prime time.

I'm more of a classic TLP person so I'm not playing the new one but is that reporting broken now? I hadn't played in a bit and was thinking of Mangler since it's showing high but it seems like the system must be broken.
  2. phattoni Augur

no its actually low, the interest in the server just wasnt there, and no krono market really so rmters wont roll there and play 24/7
  3. Silver-Crow Augur

Actually Miragul I believe is doing ok.

The server will actually feel busy if you log in, as everyone is busy doing house of thule. when you start a character you are immediately at the end zones where everyone is playing, so no lonely grind and it gives you the opportunity to play around with different classes depending on what you want to try.

I wouldn't worry to much about population meters. They can get inflated with boxes and @sshat bot armies, so are not a real indication of how many real players there are. As previously mentioned the people trying to make money out of EQ have not moved to the server, which actually has the side effect of making it a much more pleasant place to be.

Long term I don't know how it will go, as it's very close to Phinny, but it's not the complete disaster everyone was expecting.
    Delphwind and code-zero like this.
  4. wade_watts Augur

Since they just launched one, guessing it will be a long time before another more classic aligned TLP yeah?
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Based on DBG's behavior on their launch cycle of past TLPs the best guess is by March / April 2020 there will be another one, but the rule-set would be a toss up.

Mangler is your best bet for classic, on 11/20/2019 luclin is launching so the amount of folks starting new beastlords will be high.

Unlike the other person above low pop = low pop no matter what one's perspective is on the population.
    Low pop best guess is 500 - 600 or less active users online. If you can manage to enjoy that go for it.
  6. Sikkun Augur

You would think when 15 of your servers are low 24/7 adding more servers wouldn’t be the answer....

Or at least redefine what high/medium/low means so you can see low vs dead vs PvP dead.
  7. Numiko Augur

simple solution to that ..just change it to

1-10 people on - Low
    11-25 people on - medium
    26+ .. High!!

:p
  8. Tachya Elder

You would think so, but you probably won't get a lot of new players to already declining TLPs. But a new TLP brings a bunch of people back who are going to play there for a month or a few months or maybe longer, so that's $$$. I guess you'd have to wait until there are enough people who lost interest but are ready to give it another shot on a new server.
  9. Alekzandre Augur

Mangler is High and many new players starting there.
  10. kozmik New Member

Miragul is a really strange TLP, I find it hard to believe many people were interested starting from House of Thule, without the 1-85 progression to boot -- its a strange concept to me and I'm not surprised it has a low pop on release.
  11. Reht The Dude abides...

It might have been different without Truebox; i know a few people who would have played if it hadn't been a Truebox server, myself included - yes, anecdotal evidence is just that. I thought HoT was a great expansion and was very excited about the server until the ruleset was released. Truebox was the deal breaker for me. I understand the desire and need (to a certain extent) for Truebox on TLPs that start and progress through classic and the earlier expansions, however boxing was pretty prevalent when HoT was in era and it should have been allowed. I hope the server is successful but think DBG swung and missed with a flawed concept.
    jeskola and Brutalis-trak like this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am sure it will seem strange to the normal server or TLP server audience, it was a gamble by DBG not aimed at the normal audience for TLP servers an experiment to see what the appeal would be.

It seems there was an audience for it, but it is rather small - having said that were such a server tried after a heavy overhaul of the UI & a character model revamp (along with some actual marketing) I think the concept would have been far more successful
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Jarjarboo New Member

Its just there wasn't a great desire for the server.
  14. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

A pvp TLP would get players. Not just recycled from other servers either, but a lot of old school pvp freaks would return to the game to relive the glory days of conquering crushbone and guk.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

See what you would like is to have lots of like-minded players to play with, players like you who enjoy PvP in EQ - the evidence so far is there is only a tiny number of them, not even dozens, nowhere near enough to remotely consider this.

Until the masses of PvP players can gather in significant numbers on Zek or we suddenly get thousands of players posting on the forums they want this, your conjecture just isn't realistic.
  16. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

You never played P99 Red where there were 500 players at one point (most left due to perceived GM bias and other such issues). Obviously if you just look at the current Zek server you would get the impression you have. They could do a temporary pvp test server and see how many turn up. Publicize it a little and word would spread pretty quick. Tell them if enough turn up to play, they'll keep the server. If not it'll close after 3 months, or whatever.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Do you seriously think 500 P99 Red players even want to play on the DBG servers, and most of them would be willing/able to pay?

I think you are kidding yourself, they can play on Zek for free right now - they aren't there.

DBG don't need to open a PVP test server, you & the other PvP players need to get the word out to gather on Zek & then show DBG how many of you there are, then they'll consider it.

It's in your hands not DBG's, put up or shut up time.
  18. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

I seriously do think that, considering I am still in contact with a number of them who are already getting very bored with WoW but don't trust P99 to run a server with impartial GMing. Kidding myself is one thing I never bother doing.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Then you all need to stop talking about it & start doing something about it.

Gather them all up on Zek, get the word out yourselves, you all know so many people who want this right?

Start a Facebook group, start a guild, recruit, the usual stuff people who want things to happen do, leverage the social tools available.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ahhhh so you don't want to have to actually do things to make your daydream a reality you want to be spoon-fed your daydreams, okay I get it now, makes sense.