Persistent Illusions (aa) with pets/warders

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobokin, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Bobokin Augur

2. Moege Augur

/confused They don't ?

Pet illusion sticks through zoning, size before/after zone is the same.
    Angahran likes this.
  3. Bobokin Augur

I am not seeing it. Warder with illusion changes back each zone in look and size.
  4. Moege Augur

Then it is somehow linked to AA's, my beastlord/necro is all max aa and their pet doesn't change.

Pet discipline maybe ? after the merging of AA lines I have trouble finding what does what these days.
  5. Zarachiel New Member

Wait your necro has persistent pet illusions? I use paza's remains exclusively and it poofs on zoning, but shrink from earring sticks
  6. Mintalie Augur

Another great suggestion for the next xpac...
  7. sauron3030 Elder

Maxed necro here, have to recast illusions after zoning..
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Bobokin Augur

Still have to recast and resize.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

My ENC animation with my DBC spider poofs on zoning.
  10. Moege Augur

Think I found why some gets removed.

Do you have the familiar keyring ?
  11. Yimin Augur

All I ever wanted for my Wolf warder was to turn it Black when I had DPS buff on it and keep it white when it had the tanking buff ...

Also I kn0w then would never make a Gnome Bst cause of how popular the Woodelf Bst was :D

YiMin
  12. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Maxed
    Weird. Also maxed. My pet illusions stick. They even stick if I use summon companion, and camp out.

It's been that way for as long as I can remember. My personal habit has been to use paza's remains on warrior pets, white werewolf on rogues.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Interesting. Always have to recast mine (edit* I'm only 90 though and f2p at moment). I like the Aviak petamorph.

Could it have something to do with what they used to refer to as 'the global file', or to models that are 'native' to a zone (so always loaded before entering that zone)?

If it's an illusion/3dmodel that doesn't get loaded for everyone on entering the zone, then you have to recast?
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

I do not.
  15. smash Augur

Would never have a woodelf warder. WHY? Termits and fire... on the other hand it would be nice in ToV to make a campfire......
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Bobokin Augur

Neither do I.
  17. Garmr Augur

95 BST on Phinigel, illusion sticks on zoning and warder always stays shrunk.

Pet is renamed (no longer Garmrs warder)

Illusions are on keyring
  18. Malbro Augur

Level 110 BST on Luclin, cast illusion, werewolf, on my warder and zoned to Frontier Mountains. It stayed a werewolf and shrunk.

The petmorph totem is in my bags/inventory and NOT on the keyring.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

90 Nec, Companion's Discipline AA 11/13. Oddly when I click the Next Rank tab, nothing changes. <shrug>

Have to re-cast mine, using bleached bone skele illusion spell or metamorph wands and totems.
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

As a shaman, mine keeps the illusion through zones. I also use the familiar keyring for pet illusions, not sure if that makes a difference or not.