Dissident Upgrade Lost to Reward Limit?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ashian, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Ashian Augur

Last night I finally completed my Battle Writ of the Jann flagging from Tier 1 TBL raids. The reward of course is an upgrade to your Dissident ability (Smoke-filled Lamp as a claim for the Winds of Ash (Raid) achievement). Long story short, I completed the achievement, but before I could click the reward, the instance collapsed. Unfortunately this achievement was #11 in my list and due to the 10 achievement cap, I was unable to claim the reward, and it was lost forward. I petitioned and received the following response (unedited):

I'm making this post for two purposes:

1) I'd like to get my achievement reward restored as our dissident abilities will continue to be very relevant through the entire next expansion (berserker in this case). I don't think an upgrade to our dissident abilities was intended to be "lost" as a result of going over the 10 achievement cap. My understanding is the cap was put in place to prevent people from banking a lot of experience rewards prior to a new expansion release. I would love to see this policy re-visited for one time rewards that can not be regained through game play.

2) DBG, I recommend that you revisit your method of upgrading progressive spells or handing out rewards via achievements. The amount of effort that is put into some of these achievements should never be at risk.

Feeling pretty down as I spent more than $1,000 on EQ this month (12 copies of ToV, subscriptions, 6 heroic characters, station cash, not to mention an incredible amount of time -- including beta testing).
    eepok and Duder like this.
  2. Sancus Augur

I believe you can talk to the NPC that sells the base spells in Stratos, and he will upgrade your Dissident ability to the correct version.

I'm not entirely sure if this works if you never claimed the reward to begin with, though.
    yepmetoo and Duder like this.
  3. Ashian Augur

I tried that but unfortunately it didn't work. I was able to buy and scribe the ability, but it remains stuck at rank 4. Appreciate the suggestion.
  4. Ibudin Augur

That is some serious BS there, I would keep pushing this because the GM doesn't get it. Its not like you can redo it, and maxed dico is a character defining ability, which over the course of a couple years before its upgraded will add many millions to your overall DPS.
  5. Sancus Augur

If you say "reminder" to Virtuous Dusk, does it update your rank at all?
    FubarEQ, Maedhros, yepmetoo and 4 others like this.
  6. Ashian Augur

That worked!! Thank you so much Sancus!!!!
    Grove, eepok, Duder and 2 others like this.
  7. Ibudin Augur

That's a win!
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And now we know why the customer service always tells us to ask in the forums - apparently we know more than they!
    Zaray, RPoo and Svann2 like this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Good Guy Sancus should be a meme.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Good to know but this is something that should be fixed. They reward us so many things nowadays with the reward window it's scary.
    What if we lose a collection ach because it rots? We can't re-complete it as we've already completed it.
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Great to hear that there was a system in place and it worked.

But you knew about the 10 achievement limit, you knew why it was in place, and yet you still played with fire (as in keeping 10 achievements).

I am assuming you are at max xp/max aa on this character (because that would be the only possible reason to not to use the reward xp). At this point (and since they turned most of those aa achievement rewards from EoK missions to autogrant), you can bank around 130ish aas. That's like a drop in the bucket for Live EQ.

All you have to do is ask yourself … is keeping the xp that is gained by 1-2 lesson burn sessions "banked" (possibly less) worth the small chance that you get screwed?

If you are still carrying 10 achievements on your character, I think we know the answer for you. I'd consider dropping to 6-8 max so you can be safe. Personally, I hate the reward window popping up each time I log in so I generally spend my rewards on hookers and blow (aka fireworks). If I want to carry collection aas into the next expansion, I save one item to be clicked from a set.

The parallel to this issue - refunded aas - is about to hit Live again with next Wednesday's patch. I know from Beta that Wizards can expect ~1000 aas to be available to spend AFTER buying back what we need (thank you 'mancy changes). That's a lot of fireworks … but it is what it is.

Earning the achievement triggers the reward. Whether or not you claim the reward has nothing to do with having the achievement complete (hence why the TBL script works).

When completing a ton of TDS collections (or CotF … I forget) and getting those house item rewards for finishing zones, I decided to port to my house to drop them off … before claiming … and lost like 4-5 rewards with items. But because the items available on the housing vendors is tied to the achievement, not the reward, I am able to purchase any of the items … even the ones I never officially got to claim.
    Duder, Bigstomp and smash like this.
  12. smash Augur

The 10 reward in quest window, is something that is public knowledge, and been like that forever.

So honestly your own fault for it.
    Ravanta Suffer and CatsPaws like this.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Good to know
  14. Bigstomp Augur

You can't plan to crash or LD.
  15. smash Augur

Sure, but can prevent it, by not having 10 rewards already
    Duder likes this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

True, but some people have been max AA since january so are saving task rewards till they can actually use them.
  17. smash Augur

Maybe thats a mistake, instead you should get the things directly as soon as you win it, in ToV
    No allow to take rewards with you, when a new expansion comes out
    Max AA allowed when logging out, level * 2, instead of level * 3 (thanks to achievement rewards)
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Some rewards include (what feels like) about 10,000 ornaments.
    I might not have bag space.
  19. Laronk Augur

Poor game mechanics should just be fixed, if they don't want people hoarding exp they should just make the exp part auto claimed.. Sometimes victim blaming is reasonable but you did a bunch of questing clicked a bunch of collectibles then it's raid time and you didn't think about it? happens the game should be fixed.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Fireworks...glorious Fireworks. They help all of Norrath. Be well!