Date of Torment of Velious release?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

December whatsits
  2. Axxius Augur

Anything except Dec 10 please. :rolleyes:
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Why not Dec 10th my old raid boss?
  4. Nudia Augur

With release potentially only one month away, a solid date would be absolutely fantastic...

Please?
    Axxius likes this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

How can they give a date if they aren't finished yet and don't know when they will be done?

Isn't that the reason they gave an open ended date like 'by December 31'?

It will be a wonderful Christmas present (for those eagerly waiting) if they are ready before the 25th.
  6. Nudia Augur

I would venture that they almost certainly have an expected date they just aren't committing to on the chance something goes wrong.

I would love that date.
  7. Waive New Member

Hope it's Dec 10th just like the past two years. But seriously, can we get a date? :)
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Spoilsport
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Sounds like me in High School. That concludes today's D&D flashback moment.
  10. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

A date would at least let us get ready. I know a bunch of diehards from my raiding guild will be taking the day off of work and online on server-up + 30 seconds ready to blast their way to lvl 115.

Actually, with how these launches have been, perhaps it'll be better to take the NEXT day off.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The latest date would be 12-18 if they stick with Wed launch day. The following Wed is Christmas which makes the Wed after that New Years. 12-11 is the best case scenario for the DBG staff to be in office following launch before they retreat to spending the holidays with friends and family. :)
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They normally launch on a Tuesday not a Wednesday. My money would be on 10th, 18th at a push, but definalty not 24th or 31st, but who knows.

Seems to have been a lot of problems with beta this year.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Jhenna_BB like this.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Oops, you are correct. Thank you for correcting me. Changing the days 1 day forward doesn't change much in terms of the weeks following the 18th will be a no fly zone.
  14. Jalelorf Augur

That is not correct. The past two expansion released on a Tuesday but the previous two to those released on a Wednesday. Speculating this one will be released on a Tuesday is non sense.

The Darkened Sea

October 28, 2014 - Tuesday

The Broken Mirror

November 18, 2015 - Wednesday

Empires of Kunark

November 16, 2016 - Wednesday

Ring of Scale

December 12, 2017 - Tuesday

The Burning Lands

December 11, 2018 - Tuesday
    Axxius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  15. Sancus Augur

wut
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Don't care about release date, but with the new raid thing, the raids should open on a weekend for each tier. Considering all the talk about saving us from ourselves.
  17. Derresh Augur

It will release on the day you have to work late. :) enjoy
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

On the bright side, there is a reasonable chance the first day will be full of crashes. Day 2 could be the sweet spot.
  19. Derresh Augur

The servers will stop crashing 1 second after you give up and go to bed or do something else. :) enjoy
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  20. Jalelorf Augur

Obviously you only read half of the sentence....wut?